our keeper tonight Hollis,

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

i know he was just a stop gap measure but easily the worst goalkeeper in our history and am sure robbie could have put some one with a bit leadership quality to guide the young guys as they were really struggling at times tonight

:band:

Yeah he was pretty dreadful. Thought he looked culpable at second but I was a long way away.

Brought in as an emergemcy (rush job) keeper for a few weeks while Alexander and Gallacher recover and as has been seen Hamilton is current number 1 for league games and done a grand job.

No panic needed.

Bungalow Bill

He was dreadful, probably not OTT to say he is the worst in my time supporting the club.

Gregory House M.D.

:lol:

We're not keeping him. He's here purely to make up the numbers. I'd expect Jack Hamilton to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Arthur Mitchell

Played a great half-volley out to Smith in the first half.

Apart from that, pish.

Unless we get one 'keeper back fit, he'll play against Stenhousemuir...

Id rather see the new keeper from the Juniors than Flappy Hollis.

tartofmidlothian

To be fair, now we're out of the diddiest cup we won't see him again unless Hamilton gets injured.

To be fair, now we're out of the diddiest cup we won't see him again unless Hamilton gets injured.

Hamilton is cup tied for the league cup.

Please tell me Gallagher's injury will heal up before the League Cup game

:sob:

Gallaghers injury will heal before the league cup game................there you go :bucktooth:

The Old Tolbooth

Gallaghers injury will heal before the league cup game................there you go :bucktooth:

I love you man! :D

You have to laugh, he actually looked like he'd never seen a football in his life before :rofl:

Having watched part of the warm up at Tynie on Sunday, tonight's display comes as no surprise. Any shot in either bottom corner was a "nap" to find the net (3rd goal tonight). Corner kicks into 6 yard box caused panic stations as he flapped at everything (1st goal). In last minute he was juggling the ball from a simple shot straight at him head height.

I warned the guy sitting next to me before the game started & we finished laughing at each other by the end. The fans cannot even ask him to "swing on the bar" as I am sure he would not reach it. THANK God he will not be at Tynie much longer. Halliwell MUST start next Tuesday at Stenny if Gallacher is still out injured.

PS He was not MoM tonight!!!!

Few of you will remember the legend that was Ray Dunlop

For every Ray Dunlop there is a Brian Wilson??? I am sure he was the guy who would lie on the deck when challenged as the game went on, whereas every other goalie in the history of the game would at least try to get back up no matter how badly injured they were!!

Having watched The Jambos for 50 years & witnessed a few "classics" who have been mentioned on this thread, Hollis must be near, if not the bottom.

As mentioned earlier, the warm up on Tynie on Sunday was enough for me!!!

Few of you will remember the legend that was Ray Dunlop

. I remember him putting the ball in his own net away to Stirling Albon..

:lol:

We're not keeping him. He's here purely to make up the numbers. I'd expect Jack Hamilton to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

this

I fully expect Hamilton to be back in goal on saturday.

A few derogatory comments and in line with my view of him when he was at 'Well.

To be fair to the guy however he must have been a little ring rusty so maybe we should reserve our judgment for a short while. He will probably get game time for the U20s while the others get back to fitness so that should help his confidence.

Dallas Green

Is Henry Smith still kicking about?

I didn't realise it was him at the time but as mentioned before in the warm up on Sunday the keeper that was in the goals was utter crud. It didn't fill me with much confidence.

Halliwell is a better keeper. Not brilliant but reasonably reliable. I'd have him in goals for us against Stenhouemuir.

bigsuperslim1874

I thought it was just the Petrofac cup Hamilton was ineligible for and not the league cup also?

I thought it was just the Petrofac cup Hamilton was ineligible for and not the league cup also?

League cup as well.

Archived