Get Your Laughing Chops Round This - Gallacher Out, Hollis In

LoveNgoo

I know there was a thread locked for supposedly someone at the wind up but SG was injured in training today. Not been told yet how bad it is but he is apparently out for Sunday.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there was a thread locked for supposedly someone at the wind up but SG was injured in training today. Not been told yet how bad it is but he is apparently out for Sunday.

Do you think the club will look at a temporary loan deal?

Malcolm Tucker

We only have 90 minutes if we want to get a loan in for Sunday's game.

On the plus side, we do have Jack Hamilton and a 14 year old keeper whose name escapes me.

ALL IS WELL.

Hungry hippo

Time for urgent plan B.

Must be a few decent keepers still not tied up to a club yet at this time of year.

Horrible luck for Gallacher.

Given ur posting history i have absolutely no reason to believe u.....

....are telling porkies

Damn :(

Blow if true

Hollis or Nielson from murderwell emergency loan?

(Not itk just noticed twardzik seems to be 1 there so 1 of them maybe shipped out)

All this talk of us not signing a goalkeeper already as cover.

How often do a club lose 2 goalkeepers to injury in the space of a week?

I have never heard it happen before. Nothing sums up our luck with injuries better than this if true.

Matthew Le Tissier

Wasnt there rumours of Southamptons 3rd keeper being an option for a 1 month loan?

Really hope not Gazzaniga has never filled me with confidence hence the reason we've brought in Boruc and Forster since.

Should really have had a loan keeper signed up already. Left ourselves very short there.

We have three keepers, a normal amount really, the fact that the two older ones appear to be injured in the space of a week is a freak occurrence, hardly something you would expect to have to prepare for.

With jack being cup tied, who will play against livi?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

All this talk of us not signing a goalkeeper already as cover.

How often do a club lose 2 goalkeepers to injury in the space of a week?

I have never heard it happen before. Nothing sums up our luck with injuries better than this if true.

In fairness though, Alexander is out for ages so we were down to a couple of youngsters for the foreseeable. We've taken a big risk leaving it that way and it's bitten us on the arse.

heartsfc_fan

Hamilton will be fine. Decent enough shot stopper, just needs to be a bit more commanding in the box.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We have three keepers, a normal amount really, the fact that the two older ones appear to be injured in the space of a week is a freak occurrence, hardly something you would expect to have to prepare for.

With jack being cup tied, who will play against livi?

I think when your only experienced keeper breaks a cheekbone and is out for ages, the natural reaction is to sign someone else.

Should really have had a loan keeper signed up already. Left ourselves very short there.

Totally agree. This run of injuries is worrying!

If this turns out to be true I think we would need to start with Jack Hamilton in goals. Can't expect any loaned in emergency replacement to be able to start when he will likely not even have met any of the players until Sunday.

Still after Jack Hamilton I am not sure who would end up being on the bench.

I'm trying to find out more info but not getting a reply just now. FWIW if we have to go with Jack Hamilton in goals on Sunday I would have absolutely no concerns, he is a terrific young goalkeeper. Future number one at Hearts.

Malcolm Tucker

I'm trying to find out more info but not getting a reply just now. FWIW if we have to go with Jack Hamilton in goals on Sunday I would have absolutely no concerns, he is a terrific young goalkeeper. Future number one at Hearts.

And he's built like a brick shithouse, so hopefully he goes right through some Hibs players on Sunday.

Hamilton will be fine. Decent enough shot stopper, just needs to be a bit more commanding in the box.

Only needs to stay on his line, the only threat to our goal on sunday will be their keeper launching another hail mary down the park!

If this turns out to be true I think we would need to start with Jack Hamilton in goals. Can't expect any loaned in emergency replacement to be able to start when he will likely not even have met any of the players until Sunday.

Still after Jack Hamilton I am not sure who would end up being on the bench.

the under 20s keeper brown (can't remember his 1st name) would be on the bench.

Malcolm Tucker

the under 20s keeper brown (can't remember his 1st name) would be on the bench.

He got subbed off for the u20s with a hamstring injury, replaced by a 14 year old.

:lol:

What's Ben Williams up to?

Non-contract terms at bradford

Played in their league cup game midweek

If true I have every faith in Jack Hamilton. He's an excellent young keeper from the few times I've seen for the 20's and the only concern will be how his bottle holds up early doors. If the defence are at the races we can ease him into it and he'll grow in confidence.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

We don't have a bottomless pit of cash to sign a loan player every time we get an injury! 3 goalies is the right number. Alexander is only out for a month and we don't know details about Gallacher. Now Hamilton could get a chance.

He got subbed off for the u20s with a hamstring injury, replaced by a 14 year old.

:lol:

Get big Basso in on a short term deal.

If true I have every faith in Jack Hamilton. He's an excellent young keeper from the few times I've seen for the 20's and the only concern will be how his bottle holds up early doors. If the defence are at the races we can ease him into it and he'll grow in confidence.

No dodgy pass backs for a start!! It may not be in our new football philosophy however our defenders may just have to clear it first time.

I was only joking about Williams but we definitely need to get someone in on loan if Gallacher is out. We need a keeper on the bench for Sunday, especially as we appear to be going through keepers like Spinal Tap go through drummers.

We don't have a bottomless pit of cash to sign a loan player every time we get an injury! 3 goalies is the right number. Alexander is only out for a month and we don't know details about Gallacher. Now Hamilton could get a chance.

And who plays against Livy? Seemingly Hamilton is cup tied.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

No dodgy pass backs for a start!! It may not be in our new football philosophy however our defenders may just have to clear it first time.

We might have to descend to Hibs level for one game only.

Malcolm Tucker

Being genuine though, Hamilton is a quality young 'keeper. I have every confidence that he'll do absolutely fine on Sunday.

Future Hearts No.1

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If at the start of this week the club were genuinely happy about the idea of Hamilton playing against Hibs then fair enough. If not, they should have signed somebody more experience on a very short-term basis. It was clear as day on Sunday that we wouldn't be seeing Alexander for a good while. And now that Gallacher has a problem, we'll probably see a loan keeper coming in anyway.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

And who plays against Livy? Seemingly Hamilton is cup tied.

We don't even know how badly Gallacher is injured if at all.

I was getting tickets earlier and saw someone with a moon boot and crutches. Only saw the back of them so no idea who it was.

We always seem to get hammered with unfortunate injuries, and all at the same time.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

If at the start of this week the club were genuinely happy about the idea of Hamilton playing against Hibs then fair enough. If not, they should have signed somebody more experience on a very short-term basis. It was clear as day on Sunday that we wouldn't be seeing Alexander for a good while. And now that Gallacher has a problem, we'll probably see a loan keeper coming in anyway.

We've thrown young players into games plenty of times. Defensive cover is more important and it looks like thats what the club has been working on. I'm not a fan of loans - just throw the young boys in.

We've thrown young players into games plenty of times. Defensive cover is more important and it looks like thats what the club has been working on. I'm not a fan of loans - just throw the young boys in.

See Craig Gordon.

Archived