Real Madrid sell ?20m worth of James strips in 48 hours

vegas-voss

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Staggering news. The printer will have to take a rest and sit down after all that hard work

That is a part of these massive deals that often goes unnoticed. Given time, these players can pay for themselves without kicking a ball.

Wonder if Barca fans are claiming it's all made up and they've actually only sold 20 strips.

Or is that just our sad neighbours?

Amazing. For the folk who still moan about the Hearts shop not having enough strips to sell from Adidas, it's because all the sweatshops are busy punting these strips out.

Wonder if Barca fans are claiming it's all made up and they've actually only sold 20 strips.

Or is that just our sad neighbours?

Meanwhile in other news Hibernian Football Club have anounced that their replica strip sales for the new 2014-15 season have hit new heights with 34 and a half tops being sold bringing in a new record ?2,000 windfall which will be given to Alan Stubbs to help strengthen the managers office revolving door.

It's just a white top. Wouldn't it be cool if it was in the style of a polo shirt with ventilation holes. .

jambo in iraq

just think how many Rudi tops we would sell!!!

:uhoh2: I'll get my coat!

h-e-a-r-t-s

That's insane. And disgusting. The amount of money in top level football is getting ridiculous.

I don't get the 'disgusting' chat when talking about people spending their own hard earned cash. I get why you would think investment from a sheikh could be better spent and actually damages the game overall, but just don't see it in this example.

I don't get the 'disgusting' chat when talking about people spending their own hard earned cash. I get why you would think investment from a sheikh could be better spent and actually damages the game overall, but just don't see it in this example.

I was referring to the amount of money that there is at the top level nowadays and the disconnect between the top and bottom. How much of that money was actually generated in Madrid, or Spain for that matter? How many local teams could have benefited from some of that money instead. That's they way things are, though, and me grumbling about it won't make any difference. We probably wouldn't generate that amount from kit sales in 20 years and they've done that in 2 days. I've owned foreign club shirts over the years too, though, so I suppose I'm just as bad.

Dalstonjambo
amazing what a couple goals on council tv can do for u

Ha ha. Because they bought him based on a couple of world cup goals and not a number of scouting reports i'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Dunphy

Real Madrid do have a habit of sweeping up the shining stars of the World Cup. They did the same in 2010 with Mesut Ozil. I have no doubt they'll have been aware of him, but I suspect his performances at the World Cup have really made them sit up and take notice of the lad.

Cupar Jambo

Real Madrid do have a habit of sweeping up the shining stars of the World Cup. They did the same in 2010 with Mesut Ozil. I have no doubt they'll have been aware of him, but I suspect his performances at the World Cup have really made them sit up and take notice of the lad.

The most annoying thing with Real is mot of the time they are skint but the government always bail them out to beat the Catalans

jambostuart

How much of the ?20million goes to Madrid and how much to Adidas? Don't Adidas take a fair whack of the shirt sales made by HMFC? Not sure if the deal works the same with the bigger clubs though.

ballybee111

just think how many Rudi tops we would sell!!!

Beat me to it

:uhoh2: I'll get my coat!

Aye, I'm sure they were 'aware' of a player who won the Portuguese PotY award at the age of 21, and who cost Monaco ?45M last summer.

Not being funny but that figure is just what a marketing company thinks Real has made, it isn't official numbers. Even with a worldwide fan base I just can't see how that number is possible in 48 hours.

Alan Johnson

We should tell Keatings to start wearing James on the back of his top and try to flog some in Asia.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

We should tell Keatings to start wearing James on the back of his top and try to flog some in Asia.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

:lol:

The most annoying thing with Real is mot of the time they are skint but the government always bail them out to beat the Catalans

Its actually to attract tourism as well its kinda weird because there is a conflict of interests but it is what it is

Archived