Glory hunters

bathgatejt

I was amazed to see so many man city glory hunters with west coast accents and man city tops and scarves on last night at haymarket station

I cannae be doing with Scottish folk who 'support' an English team for no real reason.

Glory-hunting ****s!

Scott_HMFC1874

There was a family that I used to live nearby, who I know have been season ticket holders for about 10 years, who were spotted in full Man City gear heading for the Roseburn.

Embarrassing.

Big successful clubs attract more fans from further reaches. Don't worry about it. Not all hearts fans are from EH11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left my flat in Dalry about 7ish last night and there was a big crowd of them at the Co-op, and not one of them were English. They sounded Aberdonian, or thereabouts, swaggering about like they owned the place. Wa****s!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Steven.Hodge

Never mind, more cash for the club.

Exactly this. More punters through the gate the better.

I walked with the City support along Mcleod Street to Russell Road after the match and can confirm that the number of Scottish accents amongst them was very noticeable. All very good natured. I hope the City fans enjoyed themselves, they appear like a good bunch from what I could tell.

Had a family of them behind me in the main stand.

Took the edge off an enjoyable evening a little having to hear their shan patter. Was going to ask them for their thoughts on Goater and Kinkladze but thought better of it.

Cheers for your cash though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Bunch of total weirdoes. Plastic Prem fans are the most tragic football "supporters" you could find.

Bunch of total weirdoes. Plastic Prem fans are the most tragic football "supporters" you could find.

I they keep on giving us their money though, I will live with it.

I would say, anyway, their support is probably more genuine than Man Utd.

There was a family that I used to live nearby, who I know have been season ticket holders for about 10 years, who were spotted in full Man City gear heading for the Roseburn.

Embarrassing.

Fair enough as long as it's not Man Shitty before Hearts, I'd say.

Neilson's Shank

There was a family wearing Jambos gear in front of me,full regalia, but wearing Man Utd scarves, wierd.

Nookie Bear

No chance these "city fans" followed Citeh before 2011

Not true. Each and every one was at that 3rd tier game at Macclesfield a few years back, along with 35000 others.

As long as they know who Shaun Goater was, that makes them true fans. Peddle the "Bell Was Better Than Best" garbage and you are respected even more

There was a family wearing Jambos gear in front of me,full regalia, but wearing Man Utd scarves, wierd.

Is GK on his holidays?

:toilet:

It's just celebrity worship for these people. They might as well be sitting reading Heat as watching THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD. If they were taking a walk through a park and there was a sunday league game on or an under 15s game they wouldnt even consider stopping.

The fact that so much in football is catered to these people annoys me. Football knows it doesnt have to work for my attention and that even if it did it would still be focussed on hearts. These people blow with the wind, so it's actually possible to market for new fans of other clubs.

It's just celebrity worship for these people. They might as well be sitting reading Heat as watching THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD. If they were taking a walk through a park and there was a sunday league game on or an under 15s game they wouldnt even consider stopping.

The fact that so much in football is catered to these people annoys me. Football knows it doesnt have to work for my attention and that even if it did it would still be focussed on hearts. These people blow with the wind, so it's actually possible to market for new fans of other clubs.

there was a woman in the front row of section A who spent the first half reading a magazine

See, I'd happily do a bit of football tourism. In fact I have been to Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Bit meh to be honest

But, see the plastics that genuinely consider themselves fans of whoever , Chelsea or United. How does that work? You must know deep down that you're at it. Why isn't Hearts enough?

noticed one guy in section f? last night right at the back of the bottom tier, with his manc s***y top of and waving his dual team scarf, dancing about and trying to sing their songs whenever the 'fans' in the roseburn started to sing. guy was late 30's / early 40's as well.

full on embarrassing to be honest.

could understand to a degree some kids, but even then saw a full family with city regalia on, tops, hats, scarves, flags etc when leaving the wheatfield.

however, there was a couple of lads, who were from the far east who evidently were there to see man city, but to their enormous credit, had been to the club shop and had scarves and hearts t shirts,

would much rather sit next to / behind them than the other dafties

the general

I was amazed to see so many man city glory hunters with west coast accents and man city tops and scarves on last night at haymarket station

amazed? really?

there was a woman in the front row of section A who spent the first half reading a magazine

Well, if you will insist on dragging mrs brownkg to the match what do you expect?

So true, but it's not just football, look at the rubbish on the telly and the viewing figures! Everything is marketed to the most stupidest people as they are the only ones daft enough to have their spending habits affect.

colinmaroon

So true, but it's not just football, look at the rubbish on the telly and the viewing figures! Everything is marketed to the most stupidest people as they are the only ones daft enough to have their spending habits affect.

Tut! Tut!

Nerdy football fans, total emptyheeds.

We all have a general interest in football alongside the love of your own football club, but when it extends to consciously supporting a club from another country with no real links to it on a personal level, you have to wonder about the grey matter in the skull.

The fakeness from these fans would probably be quite boaky.

Was quite a few on the train back to their Scottish homes, including one beside me who was asked I presume Hearts lost due to the lack of happy faces to which he replied I'm happy my team won. with his Livingston accent :uhoh2:

Train journey looked promising when one wee drunken rocket got on and proceeded to sing Man U and Hibs songs, sadly no one rose to the bait :wings:

Archived