Manchester money madness mindnumbing.

Tazio

And the latest bonkers money deal from the good old EPL is Adidas are going to be the official Man Utd kit manufacturer from next season.

?75m a year for 10 years!!

That will be peanuts in 10 years though lol. They will be looking to reneg on that within 5 the way things are going :)

h-e-a-r-t-s

Break it down. For every ?1 they give to Man Utd they expect to drive around ?1.50 in revenue from fans around the world buying shirts. Only thing mind boggling perhaps is the support of English teams around the world that drives these deals

That will be peanuts in 10 years though lol. They will be looking to reneg on that within 5 the way things are going :)

More than twice the second most valuable deal which is Adidas paying Real Madrid ?31m. Though I'm sure that will be going up. They also get ?53m from Chevrolet as shirt sponsors. ?120m from Aon for sponsoring training ground and kit.

Insane, still I suppose if your wage bill is ?182m...

(All figures from the BBC)

The Internet

The money flying around this Summer in general is reaching new levels of absurdity. Even a Ross McCormack is costing an 8-figure sum now.

Sexton Hardcastle

DHL not give them a fair whack to plaster their logo on the training gear?

Insane money.

King Of The Cat Cafe

"Manchester money madness mind numbing."

Awesome alliteration. Practically perfect. Does not need the full point, though. ;)

Radio Ga Ga

Adidas will still make A LOT of money out of that deal.

Absolutely, their share price has risen by nearly 3% on the news of the deal, clearly the finance markets think it is a good contract.

The money flying around this Summer in general is reaching new levels of absurdity. Even a Ross McCormack is costing an 8-figure sum now.

Eh!! ?10 000 000.....eight figures :uhoh2: Ross McCormack!!!

More than twice the second most valuable deal which is Adidas paying Real Madrid ?31m. Though I'm sure that will be going up. They also get ?53m from Chevrolet as shirt sponsors. ?120m from Aon for sponsoring training ground and kit.

The Arsenal deal is over 30 million (and only for five years) which may be the second highest therefore.

What sort of debt are Man U carrying though? Does that eat into their revenue?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Internet

Eh!! ?10 000 000.....eight figures :uhoh2: Ross McCormack!!!

?11million apparently. Probably included loads of add-ons but that's the fee that was quoted.

kingantti1874

The Arsenal deal is over 30 million (and only for five years) which may be the second highest therefore.

What sort of debt are Man U carrying though? Does that eat into their revenue?

?350m I.e significant my less than 1 year income anticipate @ ?550million next year... To put that in other terms - hee haw

King Of The Cat Cafe

And the interesting thing about that is that General Motors are going to stop selling Chevrolet cars in Europe next year.

"The ending of Chevrolet new car sales operations in western, central and eastern Europe was a strategic business decision. Chevrolet?s results here have been and are forecast to continue being unacceptable, due to expected low sales volumes, and intense competitive price pressure from OEM?s with significant overcapacity in Europe. There?s also a cost impact associated with future EU automotive legislation.?" From International Fleet World.

Blue Til Death

Give it a couple more seasons of mid table PL finishes and no CL involvement and that deal will soon be torn up by Adidas you can guarantee there will be performance clauses in it.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Give it a couple more seasons of mid table PL finishes and no CL involvement and that deal will soon be torn up by Adidas you can guarantee there will be performance clauses in it.

To misquote what Mandy Rice-Davies was misquoted as saying: "You would say that, wouldn't you?" :)

Dalstonjambo

I find this whole thing very depressing when you consider our club was close to liquidation over a debt that was less than what they will get from Chevrolet for one season.

Money being chucked about in the EPL really is mental

I wonder how many Man Utd strips are sold worldwide each year?

1.4 million apparently, joint no1 spot with Real Madrid. I think Barcelona where just behind that with 1.3 million

Say What Again

1.4 million apparently, joint no1 spot with Real Madrid. I think Barcelona where just behind that with 1.3 million

:vrwow:

And that will just be official ones too. You can probably add another million knock-offs :P

And the latest bonkers money deal from the good old EPL is Adidas are going to be the official Man Utd kit manufacturer from next season.

?75m a year for 10 years!!

Surely a reason to re negotiate our deal

Gregory House M.D.

2078268_o.gif

HEARTS FOREVER

Just wait unil the sheiks get bored with city,they will be back yo yo ing the leagues where they belong.

When u consider the margins Adidas make its a fine investment which is likely to be very lucrative for them advertising in sports is a huge thing because its one of the things people watch live which makes it a premium advertising opportunity.

When you think of inflation in football and deflation in currency you would be wise to speculate that the cost of this in the future would be more so i think Adidas got the better side of the deal 10 years is a lot of time.

Look at the superbowl commercials for instance they can cost millions for seconds i know which one id prefer to be involved with as a business opportunity.

Fair play to you. Stick the boot in.

the general

plus so many snide strips on the go especially abroad

Well done to Nike for dumping them. What a daft business decision

To be fair, they did replace them with Hibs.

You'd think it was an insane amount of money.

But then you remember they're the biggest club in the world and it starts to make sense.

:laugh:

Say What Again

But then you remember they're the biggest club in the world and it starts to make sense.

... And off we go :lol:

Adidas reckon the deal will net them ?1.2 billion over the same time period.

This deal, the Chevrolet sponsorship and the Aon deal rakes in the same for Man U as Spurs' entire turnover.

You'd think it was an insane amount of money.

:laugh:

Were. Past tense. Downward slide now.

Were. Past tense. Downward slide now.

Yeah, in the same way that playing in Championship means we're not the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.

:rolleyes:

Wholeheartedly agree

Just wait unil the sheiks get bored with city,they will be back yo yo ing the leagues where they belong.

jamboinglasgow

I find this whole thing very depressing when you consider our club was close to liquidation over a debt that was less than what they will get from Chevrolet for one season.

Money being chucked about in the EPL really is mental

Financial inequality in football is staggering, yet it is never challenged. EPL clubs waste so much money that it almost makes you cry. Even Agents get more money in one deal than some SPFL Premiership clubs will spend on wages in a season. In a year from Oct 2012 to September 2013, the EPL paid ?96.67m to agents in fees, to put that in prospective that is probably more than is spent in total by Scottish clubs in a season. As you say we almost went under from reckless spending but the fans dug deep to get hundreds of thousands, possibly even a million, to keep the club afloat. Clubs in lower tiers of England are almost going under for bills of ?30k, yet players at the top will get paid at least that in a week. The difference between rich and poor in football is becoming scary.

That said, the huge sponsorship deals is one thing Man U fans can thank the Glaziers for (if they think they are good) as the Glazier model is to make most of every possible commercial deal, hence why they are getting sponsors for everything and getting top dollar (or pound) for it. Even read that part of the plan for Rooney's contract would be a joint sponsorship deal, where for a cut of these deals, Rooney would agree for his image to be used exclusively by United's brand partners.

Archived