We must be raking it in?

jamdunc

This is a fantastic pre-season. 10,000 season tickets sold and possibly a good few more over the coming days. 7000 plus home shirts sold, not sure how the away kit is doing. Now under new management and with the players on modest and realistic wages the club account must be a healthy sight and a wee cup run might be the icing on the cake towards financial stability! Changed days eh

Things are certainly looking up

Bauben signing, with a hitman and a goalie and well be set to try and win this league

Changed days from a year ago

in football the rules are so subjective and implemented different each game that its impossible not to factor in referee decision influencing the eventual outcome of the league for this reason alone im pessimistic.

There is a lot of good to talk about at present, but let's wait until after Game 5 to comment on the on field progress.

There is a lot of good to talk about at present, but let's wait until after the first Game to comment on the on field progress.

Fixed for kickback.

Although to be fair, if we lose game two then the seethe is justified :D

Scott_HMFC1874

Do you reckon when working out projected budgets for this upcoming season FoH and Ann would have even thought about this volume of sales?

Just wondering what impact it might have on player budgets, not that I want us to go mental on wages, just a thought!

Fourcandles

We're raking it in......?

Well we are certainly ?28,000,000 better of than this time last year....!

Fxxx the SPFL

i would like to think that we could either build a wee war chest and use to possibly buy a player around ?100k i don't think we can rely on out of contract players/youth players for ever. Or alternatively pay the money back to Queen Ann quicker.

i would like to think that we could either build a wee war chest and use to possibly buy a player around ?100k i don't think we can rely on out of contract players/youth players for ever. Or alternatively pay the money back to Queen Ann quicker.

what do you get for 100k though bud unless you unearth a gem no one else has cottoned onto?

Every club is in the same boat now, certainly at our level, that it's about keeping an eye on players heading out of contract and nabbing them for the following season.

January brings a different scenario as players are running down their contracts and therefore you'd have to pay money if you really needed them or of course go for loan signings.

If anything I'd like to see us build a pot up for when we return to the Spl.

We're raking it in......?

Well we are certainly ?28,000,000 better of than this time last year....!

Think so! At an average of ?200 per season ticket, taking the kids prices in to account thats 2 million quid plus 7000 shirts at ?40 average is another ?280,000

So that ?2,280,000 well managed plus the FOH money has us in a good financial place, footballing aside. No?

Fxxx the SPFL

what do you get for 100k though bud unless you unearth a gem no one else has cottoned onto?

Every club is in the same boat now, certainly at our level, that it's about keeping an eye on players heading out of contract and nabbing them for the following season.

January brings a different scenario as players are running down their contracts and therefore you'd have to pay money if you really needed them or of course go for loan signings.

If anything I'd like to see us build a pot up for when we return to the Spl.

i agree ?100k dosen't get you much but it might swing a deal if as you say we may unearth a gem. we could obviously go for the odd loan signing as long as it is not like the hobbits and have five/six coming through the door.

Fixed for kickback.

Although to be fair, if we lose game two then the seethe is justified :D

Well that won't happen, we're playing the shite ;)

ps. I know you know.

How is that going to happen, this money belongs to HMFC not FOH.

Unless HMFC say that they have enough money and don't need the ?1.4 million a year from FOH.

Well that won't happen, we're playing the shite ;)

ps. I know you know.

At the end of week two, I fully expect them to have sorer arses than Mascherano :jj:

i agree ?100k dosen't get you much but it might swing a deal if as you say we may unearth a gem. we could obviously go for the odd loan signing as long as it is not like the hobbits and have five/six coming through the door.

I think the only situation we will pay any transfer fee is if a really promising player is identified in a lower league. A Templeton, Webster or dare I say it Levein situation. I'm fairly certain we would do that now if they felt the potential was worth the gamble.

Happy days though and I am really looking forward to the season.

Do you reckon when working out projected budgets for this upcoming season FoH and Ann would have even thought about this volume of sales?

Just wondering what impact it might have on player budgets, not that I want us to go mental on wages, just a thought!

I reckon we must be well ahead of whatever budget forecasts were made, as these were sure to be fairly conservative. I can't see us paying transfer fees, but it might allow for one or two extra players on the payroll.

Think so! At an average of ?200 per season ticket, taking the kids prices in to account thats 2 million quid plus 7000 shirts at ?40 average is another ?280,000

So that ?2,280,000 well managed plus the FOH money has us in a good financial place, footballing aside. No?

I doubt we'll get anywhere near ?40 per shirt sale, probably more like ?10 with the rest going to the manufacturer. Does anyone know how much we actually take from every sale?

I doubt we'll get anywhere near ?40 per shirt sale, probably more like ?10 with the rest going to the manufacturer. Does anyone know how much we actually take from every sale?

Surely more than a tenner. The adult shirts are 45 quid and ?50 for the long sleeve. Shorts at ?25 etc and away sales not included in my estimate

Surely more than a tenner. The adult shirts are 45 quid and ?50 for the long sleeve. Shorts at ?25 etc and away sales not included in my estimate

I don't know to be honest, but OP suggested we'd get ?40 per shirt sale, clearly nowhere near that. If we made ?20 per shirt that would be good business, but not sure if that's the case, maybe someone out there has a better idea of what our share would be.

I don't know to be honest, but OP suggested we'd get ?40 per shirt sale, clearly nowhere near that. If we made ?20 per shirt that would be good business, but not sure if that's the case, maybe someone out there has a better idea of what our share would be.

I was just calculating the money coming in to the club, Not the outgoings. i.e players wages and monies to adidas etc

I was just calculating the money coming in to the club, Not the outgoings. i.e players wages and monies to adidas etc

Fair enough, I was thinking about the net position, so after we pay off adidas for shirt sales. Would still be good to know how much we actually make from shirt sales after paying adidas their cut, if anyone knows the answer.

Fair enough, I was thinking about the net position, so after we pay off adidas for shirt sales. Would still be good to know how much we actually make from shirt sales after paying adidas their cut, if anyone knows the answer.

There will be someone on here that has an idea, would also be good to know how away shirt sales are going and Man City ticket sales, all money in !!!

jamboinglasgow

I think we will keep to set budget that was outlined back in May/June, any extra money will be using into investing into much needed areas (repairs, equipment, etc.)

People have to remember that when you sign a player, if you sign him on a 3 year contract you have to budget for those 3 years. Yes we may have more money this season, but you just put that money back in players wages for this season, what happens next year if income is much less than expected or at least not as much as this season, you have players who you cant afford. So at the start of each year you set out realistic budgets, and income greater than expected is used to invest or kept for a bigger project.

players now play for 1000- 4000 a week, apart from some players at "The Rangers". If you are not earning 1000 a week at your peak in football, get another occupation. Hearts have to entertain 13000-14000 folk a fortnight. Mrs Budge has a good record which she will hardly wish to tarnish...

Gorgie_Rules

Id rather the money went back to paying Ann sooner than anything else, as much as having debt to a rich fan is 'safe' debt (or safer than it is to a Lithuanian corporation), the sooner the club has no debt the better. Or would be good if any excess cash could go towards a new main stand in the future.

If players such as Ozturk and El Hassanoui turn out to be unearthed gems, id much rather we go down that route with transfers than risk paying for someone who may get injured/not find form etc

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If players such as Ozturk and El Hassanoui turn out to be unearthed gems, id much rather we go down that route with transfers than risk paying for someone who may get injured/not find form etc

El Hassanoui is injured.

There is also a fairly distinct possibility that one or more of our youngsters will really hit the jackpot performance wise and be sold for real money. I hate talking that way but I am a realist.

I wouldn't care too much how that money was used as long as we were told. It was the secrecy at Tynecastle throughout my life that really enjoyed me. By no means did Vlad have a monopoly on that.

I think though we should look at the St Johnstone situation.........despite all the talk about being a well run club that we have heard over the past few years with pronouncements from their chairman from time to time about others what do we now read........a loss making organisation.

'STEVE BROWN says St Johnstone can?t afford to sign new players because their Scottish Cup triumph didn?t deliver the financial benefits they expected.

But the Perth chairman admits they would have faced another six-figure loss if Tommy Wright and his players hadn?t achieved that historic May 17 win over Dundee United.'

It shows that whilst you can do your best a fan base really does help the finances of the club and we are lucky in Scottish terms to have a fairly large fan base to help not only the clubs survival but also help in its short term future repairing the recent damage.

BlackhallJambo

I am currently in Vietnam and the new arsenal puma strip can be had for ?6/?10 Allowing for the traders profit the cost of manufacture should be around ?2/3.

I guess it depends on the deal negotiated on whether there is a profit per shirt or whether there are bonuses paid by volume. However i would hope we should be making at least ?15/?20 per shirt once everyone else takes their cut

Frank Sidebottom

This is mental. You want the club to start spending ?100k on players already? I think you very much can rely on youth and free transfers. Who else is paying transfer fees these days, let alone a club that came out of admin about a month ago?

Absolute madness.

Getintaethem

While the bank balance may look healthy just now, it's worth remembering that this money is needed to pay wages/costs for the whole season. With the majority of seats sold in advance cash flow into the club for the remainder of the season will be a fairly small amount, having said that hopefully some of the money can be used on getting youngster like Paterson, Walker and Holt tied into longer deals which would ensure a decent return on the time and effort spent on developing them.

RealMaroonCF

I'll put those who don't get it out of their misery.

The foh have agreed toinjected money over a few seasons to ensure there is a club to buy i.e. it can exist within the new model we are trying to run it.

That money (an assumption I am certain of) would support the club if the financials, whilst in a lower division, weren't enough as we can't get loans etc.

At the moment things look to be going well, perhaps better than expected. If that situation means the foh money isn't needed to support the day to day running of the club then it will be banked so that Ann could potentially be paid off early.

Whether we pay her early or not might not even matter. Ann perhaps should remain in charge for the period agreed to ensure fully that we are on k good footing.

We've only just set sail. Let's see if the journey is one we are willing to stay on long term. If it's enjoyable and successful straight away there's one thing for certain, there will be bumps of trouble in the future that we will have to overcome. That's football.

If we stay behind the club it will be in our hands. That's a good situation given the path we have taken recently.

Snake Plissken

Sure, we've made a healthy amount of cash in the last month but we've got the reduced income from the Championship to contend with plus no other significant sources of income once the season ticket money is banked. This money has to do us for the duration of the season, not just this month.

Talk of spending any money on transfer fees is completely removed from reality.

Extra money goes into the bank account surely?

We have a budget set for the year, additional money is saved for unexpected works or whatever in future years

Do people not understand what stabilising a business and running it properly means?

RealMaroonCF

It's hard for people to change jammy.

Spenders take time to be converted to savers......or even budgeters for that matter. The quicker people realise we are on a long journey and not nipping to the shops the better.

tartofmidlothian

It's hard for people to change jammy.

Spenders take time to be converted to savers......or even budgeters for that matter. The quicker people realise we are on a long journey and not nipping to the shops the better.

:spoton:

Even after the crash, some folk still put any old shit on tick just to have it. I used to do that, but when you start thinking about what you spend and how you can save it's a whole new type of freedom, it takes time but it's hugely empowering.

Same with a football club, I guess. That's why I'm proud we're going down this route, if we were spunking money on a warchest I'd be ashamed. As mentioned above, only modest five figure sums on very talented youths (like Webster and Templeton) will be acceptable in future.

I'd be more than happy to live off free transfers for the forseeable, like.

Levein brought some absolute gems to Hearts the first time around and I don't remember him having a lot of money at Dundee United either.

If a club isnt cash rich at this point in the season then they're goosed. Hopefully we've got people on board who can effectively budget for us to get through the season and not rely on promotion. If things are looking good on and off the pitch in january then we can look at our options. Until then, i'm sure there's been a plan from before even Ms Budge took control of the club. Let's stick to that for now.

There are other streams of revenue, match day consumables, man city tv money? Potential scottish cup or league cup tv money, Does anyone have an idea of our wage bill now, average of ?1500 pw would be my guess per player. How big is the squad? Should not be difficult to get close to calculating the wage bill for the year

broughies tach

I know how the club could be ?13,000 better off right away.

If someone from the commercial department actually replied to his enquiry to buy 6 x Willie Bauld suite season tickets plus match sponsorship for 2 games and stadium advertising. Despite asking for someone to get back to him nearly 2 weeks ago so far...............nothing.

Some things never change it seems.

tartofmidlothian

I know how the club could be ?13,000 better off right away.

If someone from the commercial department actually replied to his enquiry to buy 6 x Willie Bauld suite season tickets plus match sponsorship for 2 games and stadium advertising. Despite asking for someone to get back to him nearly 2 weeks ago so far...............nothing.

Some things never change it seems.

Bet you get a reply after this. :whistling:

I remember hearing last year at some point that we were capable of making around 13 million a year? Personally I'm not sure if thats correct but with the number of ST already sold and the high number of jersey sales and Im sure there will be lots of tickets bought on match days. And I'm pretty sure we'll have another good cup run. Basically the point Im trying to make is we should be making enough each year to improve the club on and of the pitch and biuld for the future.

I think though we should look at the St Johnstone situation.........despite all the talk about being a well run club that we have heard over the past few years with pronouncements from their chairman from time to time about others what do we now read........a loss making organisation.

'STEVE BROWN says St Johnstone can?t afford to sign new players because their Scottish Cup triumph didn?t deliver the financial benefits they expected.

But the Perth chairman admits they would have faced another six-figure loss if Tommy Wright and his players hadn?t achieved that historic May 17 win over Dundee United.'

It shows that whilst you can do your best a fan base really does help the finances of the club and we are lucky in Scottish terms to have a fairly large fan base to help not only the clubs survival but also help in its short term future repairing the recent damage.

I have always found Steve Brown to be a pompous git TBH. The bottom line for St J is that they have a pathetic fan core base of around 3,000. You can be the best run Club in Scotland but you just cannot thrive with that lack of basic income.

Heartsofgold

Is the shop not a franchise operation where Hearts get a cut of all sales. If this is the case then surely the franchise owner pays Adidas for the shirts etc.

loveofthegame

I assume the club budgeted for roughly same amount of ST sales as last year- that would be the common sense approach. Accordingly, we should be well up on forecasts - as others have mentioned, given what we have just been through this should not be wasted- cash reserves are no bad thing!

Finally, something I've always felt is that the club should budget for going out of every cup at the first round we enter. That way, any cup run is a bonus as opposed to necessary. (I'm sure I read in the vlad years we were budgeting for making quarters/semis which is absolute madness).

Strangely, being in the diddy diddy cup this year is potentially another small bonus if we have only budgeted for losing round 1 (Annan at home...)

All in all, if those at the top have been sensible (which I fully believe they will have been), things look positive for this years financials.

juanjojambo

Just seen on the hearts facebook page that the phones are red hot this morning with folk buying season tickets. Should easily sell 12000.

Unknown user

There are other streams of revenue, match day consumables, man city tv money? Potential scottish cup or league cup tv money, Does anyone have an idea of our wage bill now, average of ?1500 pw would be my guess per player. How big is the squad? Should not be difficult to get close to calculating the wage bill for the year

It's all hard to quantify, things like the club shop, food stalls etc are franchised out.

So the tenner you hand over isn't a tenner in Hearts' pocket leaving them to pay the costs, it's a tenner to the franchisee who has god knows what arrangement with the club.

While doing things this way means less to worry about for the club logistics wise, it does mean that there's an extra layer of people between the club and you making a profit from your hard earned jambodollars. The profit for the club is never as high as we think it will be.

The Treasurer

I assume the club budgeted for roughly same amount of ST sales as last year- that would be the common sense approach. Accordingly, we should be well up on forecasts - as others have mentioned, given what we have just been through this should not be wasted- cash reserves are no bad thing!

Finally, something I've always felt is that the club should budget for going out of every cup at the first round we enter. That way, any cup run is a bonus as opposed to necessary. (I'm sure I read in the vlad years we were budgeting for making quarters/semis which is absolute madness).

Strangely, being in the diddy diddy cup this year is potentially another small bonus if we have only budgeted for losing round 1 (Annan at home...)

All in all, if those at the top have been sensible (which I fully believe they will have been), things look positive for this years financials.

I'm pretty sure that I read something about budgets being calculated on losing in the first round of every cup competition, so even winning one cup game is seen as a bonus

Archived