New away shirt

Tiberius Stinkfinger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with sponsors logos, I actually prefer all of our strips recently with sponsors logo's on them, even the Wonga one.

The main gripe I have with this one is the fact it's a massive heart in the middle of the strip. Just looks daft.

Likewise. An archer would have a field day.

I got the xl size for away top & it barely got past my chest!!!!

The home top is the same size & fits fine.

Has anyone else had size issues with the tops.

I got the xl size for away top & it barely got past my chest!!!!

The home top is the same size & fits fine.

Has anyone else had size issues with the tops.

Yeah mate, I got the L in the home top and it's quite big but in the away it is noticeably smaller.

I am going to have to get a size up.

The People's Chimp

Farin has nailed it

Fair enough let FOH "sponsor" the strip but come on the logo is just gash and really spoils the look of what would otherwise have been a really top selling strip

Lets face it "brand" awareness is not at all important for FOH. They have a closed/captured market. Awareness yes get their name on the front of the strip but that lolloping big plasticy heart logo on the strip is an abomination.

Its the first fail of the new regime - loss of sponsorhip money (the sentiment of which I can live with) but also loss of sales revenue from less away strips being sold.

Really daft - it wouldnt have taken Gok Wan to recognise that the logo is off putting...

FOH/Hearts have shot themselves in the fokt with that logo. I great top ruined. Would have loved an excusr to give Hearts a bit more cash but i'd never feel happy wearing that.

Still better than anything St Mirren or Hibs have though!.

These. It's such a wasted opportunity.

Some on here sounding like fans posting on village.net

It is a very good away strip and has the benefit of providing free publicity to a cause that should be encouraged by all posting on this site.

Personally I think some are simply making comparison to a fantastic home top with NO logo...........no other top will compare with the home version so get over it, appreciate the away top it for what it is and buy it.

Of course it will suffer in comparison the home top but I'll bet there are many teams who wish their home top was as good as our away top.

Some on here sounding like fans posting on village.net

It is a very good away strip and has the benefit of providing free publicity to a cause that should be encouraged by all posting on this site.

Personally I think some are simply making comparison to a fantastic home top with NO logo...........no other top will compare with the home version so get over it, appreciate the away top it for what it is and buy it.

Of course it will suffer in comparison the home top but I'll bet there are many teams who wish their home top was as good as our away top.

Couldn't agree more. It's a very solid design eclipsed by an instant classic in the form of the home shirt.

Listen. You could be a St Mirren fan. Count your blessings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

letsalldothebeattie

Love the look of the away top. I know it's had some critics since we first saw it but it's a very nice top. Definitely getting it soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with sponsors logos, I actually prefer all of our strips recently with sponsors logo's on them, even the Wonga one.

The main gripe I have with this one is the fact it's a massive heart in the middle of the strip. Just looks daft.

You preferred the strip with the Wonga logo?????

Hagar the Horrible

Nice close up of the away top from tonight's game..

5a9avate.jpg

5a9avate.jpg

Is it me or does he look like he has spent the summer in Nando's, a wee bit podgy roond ra belly son

rossthejambo

You preferred the strip with the Wonga logo?????

To the massive care bear style heart? Yep.

Franco Fascione

Listen. You could be a St Mirren fan. Count your blessings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Or even worse..... a Hibs fan. Gee whizz, the suffering.

Franco Fascione

ubypetuq.jpg I think it's pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff !!!

heartsfc_fan

5a9avate.jpg

I think it looks top notch. Sponsor is fine.

To the massive care bear style heart? Yep.

You prefer the logo of a dodgy loan shark to the crest of the organisation that saved our Club? :uhoh2:

Sterling Archer

You prefer the logo of a dodgy loan shark to the crest of the organisation that saved our Club? :uhoh2:

Yes

The People's Chimp

Are your aesthetic choices also moral ones?

I don't think it's the foh logo that's out of place, I think it's the Adidas one. Anyone fancy knocking up the away top with the Adidas logo to the side rather than the middle?

Peoples Chimp - I think both count when you consider if the crest is acceptable or not.

FoH saved our Club and I (along with thousands of others) played a part which I am proud of. My view is display the crest proudly on the shirt - even if some do not care for the design.

Jesus wept, that looks awful.

seriously? I'd say the Hobos one was awful this one aint that bad

seriously? I'd say the Hobos one was awful this one aint that bad

I don't care what Hibs produce since I wouldn't be in the market for it anyway.

The logo ruins the look of the shirt. If they wanted to put FoH on the top, they should have done it without using the crest. It just doesn't work.

rossthejambo

Most definitely.

If Hearts were really clever they would see there is a clear split here. Yes lots of people like it but lots and lots won't buy it as it is now but still love the strip without the logo. Can see the potential to sell at least the same again with no / smaller logo.

Over to you Ann Park marketing person and Adidas.

kingantti1874

I'm fine with the players wearing the logo but agree the replica should have an option to do without it.

Tommy Wiseau

I don't know why some of you lot are obsessed with Logos it's the future things progress it's money for the club. Would you want to go back to the the days when, players got boot money but spent their days down the pit....anything that brings money into the club is fine by me, It's a pity we can't compete with the cheeks but we signed ourselves to the corrup GFA so we have to live with it like many things in life.... Rant finished

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point. Why would anyone care what an item of clothing looked like on?

The People's Chimp

Good point. Why would anyone care what an item of clothing looked like on?

Indeed. Would you rather the players were down the pit all day though?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Wonder how many of the punters who don't like the logo are not contributing ?

The People's Chimp

Wonder how many of the punters who don't like the logo are not contributing ?

Very good Foddy. :rofl:

Another swing and miss I'm afraid.

lovely top ruined by hideous logo shock................................

lets not pretend that the ridiculous logo doesn't spoil a cracking strip, because it does...............

Tommy Wiseau

Indeed. Would you rather the players were down the pit all day though?

I would actually, the overpaid wasters.

Which footballers were down the pit all day in the good old days, I wonder?

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I like it the more I see it. Considering some of the naff sponsor logos or names we've had on our strips over the years this one is much better as it actually means something. It's a sponsor we can be proud of and displaying it on the shirts will gain exposure and good PR for the Foundation, hopefully increasing direct debits.

An iconic top with an iconic logo, picking 2 up tomorrow.

Very nicely summed up.

Tommy Wiseau

Get the boffins in the lab on one without a sponsor like that gaff on Dalry Road was selling in 2012.

lovely top ruined by hideous logo shock................................

lets not pretend that the ridiculous logo doesn't spoil a cracking strip, because it does...............

"Ridiculous logo" dear me. Can we get the terminology right here guys. I think the FoH crest is a cracker and will be part of our history - as such it should be treated with respect.

Now if some on here feel it looks ridiculously big on the strip and spoils the look then fine. Personally I think it looks fine.

The People's Chimp

"Ridiculous logo" dear me. Can we get the terminology right here guys. I think the FoH crest is a cracker and will be part of our history - as such it should be treated with respect.

:rofl:

Lack of respect and those who think it is shit are, the implication goes, not contributing to FOH.

A few whoppers out today like.

Now if some on here feel it looks ridiculously big on the strip and spoils the look then fine. Personally I think it looks fine.

This.

I would actually, the overpaid wasters.

Which footballers were down the pit all day in the good old days, I wonder?

You'd probably have to ask an old-time commentator like David Coleman about that.

rossthejambo

It's your opinion that it's fine, but it's others opinion that it is a naff logo. Just because it's the logo of FOH doesn't exempt it from criticism.

Exciting new season just around the corner. A bunch of torn faced disaster zones having a full blown underpants fight about the aesthetic value of a logo.

:vrface:

ridiculous, because it looks like it has been designed and drawn by a five year old imo............

everything about the new regime and indeed the foh cant be perfect, hope this helps...............

still a cracking strip, but would be even better without the logo, again imo............

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just tried my away top on, it's ever so slightly too tight. My home top is a wee bit too loose. They're both medium, both made by Adidas. Why does this happen?!

quincy adams wagstaff

wan gok your not

Archived