Club shop

quincy adams wagstaff

Never had any problems in the club shop, then again I'm not a moany faced *****

Neither am I mate I just don't want "THAT" as the lasting memory of any neutral that visits my clubs store. To me it looks like they can't be arsed

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dallas Green

I think the reason we are out of stock on strips have been covered a lot on here, I'm pretty sure someone from the shop came on and explained it too. This JP guy always seems friendly when I have been in the shop but agree the others always seem a bit dour faced.

I don't really agree with it costing the club money though. Surely when it does come back in stock you will buy it?

The club might not make as much money at this point in time but over the season I'm pretty sure they will.

With regards to the shop staff, I have never once had an issue, with either the younger, or older ones.

With regards to stock, Hearts are right to order in the manner we have. We have little or no credit line, so will not been given thousands of strips in advance, without evidence of orders, or paying up front. We do that, and order too much, we lose money, and this is something we cannot afford to do. Too often, over the years, we have been left with piles of stock, that we end up trying to sell cheap. Cash in the bank is far better than potential cash from a shirt sale, especially in our case.

With regards to allowing other shops to sell them. This is not going to happen. We will not sell enough of the strips for the shops to be interested in giving up valuable floor space. If they were interested, they would want certain guarantees, such as refunds for no sales. It could actually cost us money.

The only think I can think is viable, is if they send out a staff member and a stall to the Royal Mile during the festival or something, but probably only really this year, given the meaning of the strip. That would take stock away from the shop though.

At the end of the day, if you want a top, you most probably will get one. You just might need to wait a little.

Have always found the staff to be good and never had a problem. A couple of times I have had to return items and this was handled really well by the staff. They are doing a good job in my book.

Fxxx the SPFL

Why??

It's a small shop and they will all know what's happening with stuff. How hard is it to give a polite answer with a smile.

were you wearing a Hibs top at the time.

Hagar the Horrible

To be fair with this if you asked the ticket office about your away shirt I could understand the confused facial exp<b></b>ression lol

No I asked the guy behind the store counter, not behind the ticket counter, its in the same bit, but a world apart in customer care

With regards to the shop staff, I have never once had an issue, with either the younger, or older ones.

With regards to stock, Hearts are right to order in the manner we have. We have little or no credit line, so will not been given thousands of strips in advance, without evidence of orders, or paying up front. We do that, and order too much, we lose money, and this is something we cannot afford to do. Too often, over the years, we have been left with piles of stock, that we end up trying to sell cheap. Cash in the bank is far better than potential cash from a shirt sale, especially in our case.

With regards to allowing other shops to sell them. This is not going to happen. We will not sell enough of the strips for the shops to be interested in giving up valuable floor space. If they were interested, they would want certain guarantees, such as refunds for no sales. It could actually cost us money.

The only think I can think is viable, is if they send out a staff member and a stall to the Royal Mile during the festival or something, but probably only really this year, given the meaning of the strip. That would take stock away from the shop though.

At the end of the day, if you want a top, you most probably will get one. You just might need to wait a little.

Yeah, sensible post. A pop-up shop during the festival would be ideal, a 1 month lease in a shop space to cash in on the busiest month in Edinburgh. But like you say it would split stock between shops, or you would have to gamble onbuying extra stock specifically for it with no idea how it would sell. With our credit rating it would be too much of a gamble to piss away money on surplus merchandise at the moment.

In a year or two, these things will improve over time.

Remember that for every odd year we get a beautiful strip (and this year is very much an exception for being amazing and without sponsor), we get a godawful strip that sells feck all.

the general

I would be great if we sold stuff that was a bit more classy and understated rather than t-shirts that scream 'THE JAMBOS' or 'HEARTS FC' and suchlike. I remember seeing a polo shirt recently with a Wonga advert in the collar! Who would buy that? How about getting some decent clobber in that would be a good alternative to out-of-stock strips.

I agree 100% we need more fashionable stuff especially for the summer something like maroon crocs and speedos would fly off the shelf

I agree 100% we need more fashionable stuff especially for the summer something like maroon crocs and speedos would fly off the shelf

And maroon Louis Vuitton handbags for the ladies.

WTF, crocs and speedos!?!

I would be great if we sold stuff that was a bit more classy and understated rather than t-shirts that scream 'THE JAMBOS' or 'HEARTS FC' and suchlike. I remember seeing a polo shirt recently with a Wonga advert in the collar! Who would buy that? How about getting some decent clobber in that would be a good alternative to out-of-stock strips.

Totally agree. Need more subtle gear that someone over the age of 30 can wear.

They do have a plain maroon polo on sale at the moment.

JP is getting a pounding! Poor man, I like him too :(

Hope this didn't happen in the shop, in front of any children!

:naughty:

Dealt with the shop staff for years and several times per year. Never had any problems. They have been awesome.

the general

WTF, crocs and speedos!?!

aye ... all the rage in Ibiza,St Tropez and Gullane

The older guy that has been there for years has not a clue on customer service - if he smiled his face would crack.

Really hope Ann takes steps to upgrade the stock offering AND the staff.

rossthejambo

Never had any problems in the club shop, then again I'm not a moany faced *****

Absolutely this, always the same sort of people complaining about the shop.

Always found the ticket counter staff to be friendly and helpful by the way.

Franco Fascione

I like to go into the shop and have a look round, just to see if they have something I'd like to buy, so the club gets my money. Aside from the official strip and training gear, there's not a lot else I would buy. Some of it is pretty cheap and nasty looking. I'd love to spend more money in the club shop on quality items, not on items I reckon are second rate.

Fresh ideas are required. It'll take time to implement them and I'm sure AB knows all this and will act on it.

We have a lady of great taste in charge, I'm sure of it.

Pants Shaton

The club shop is a focal point for the club.

It would be great to see a well designed, professional looking store which reflected well on the club and projected a decent image to potential supporters and tourists looking for tickets.

The place looks like a pound store and sells utter shite. There is an appetite for quality merchandise, as proven by some of the stuff sold on here to raise money for the club.

Reluctantly I need to agree with Pants.

For instance few years ago they sold a really nice range of HMFC gold jewelry - tie pins, rings, pendants. Mrs Thomaso liked and bought quite a few them for birthday/Xmas pressies.

Now they sell only cheap crap.

This, a very small very subtle badge would be sufficient. I've always found the level of customer service fine.

Adi Dassler

The club shop is brutal and has been for years now. There's a certain male member of staff (not JP) who does all but burst into tears every time you ask him a question. I would love to play the defensive uber Jambo card and say it is a pleasurable experience going in there, but it's not.

Jambo 4 Ever

The club shop is brutal and has been for years now. There's a certain male member of staff (not JP) who does all but burst into tears every time you ask him a question. I would love to play the defensive uber Jambo card and say it is a pleasurable experience going in there, but it's not.

Think I know the one you mean... take off the maroon tinted specs and the shop isn't great

Anyone get a feeling we have some serial complainers on here?

Agreed there is stocking issues but they've already been covered - bad credit, delivery times etc. and I'm sure the club work it to the best they can, at the end of the day they take the profits.

As for staff, I've never had any issues and I think a few posters on here and the type to write letters to companies conplaining and begging for freebies.

the general

It would be great to see a well designed, professional looking store which reflected well on the club and projected a decent image to potential supporters and tourists looking for tickets.

The place looks like a pound store and sells utter shite. There is an appetite for quality merchandise, as proven by some of the stuff sold on here to raise money for the club.

do you really think that there is an appetite for quality stuff in decent quantities ie enought to make a sizeable profit?

over the years I think they have tried that but without huge success

maybe striking up licensing deals with on line innovative companies might be the way ahead

Chrambo - nonsense.

Looks like your adopting the "I'm a better Jambo than you because I don't complain" spin.

Many on here are making valid points - not because they are some kind of serial complainer. They care about the Club and one thing that does need to improve is the quality and service in the Club shop.

Chrambo - nonsense.

Looks like your adopting the "I'm a better Jambo than you because I don't complain" spin.

Many on here are making valid points - not because they are some kind of serial complainer. They care about the Club and one thing that does need to improve is the quality and service in the Club shop.

Well said sir

There is nothing worth buying apart from strips & training kits on the website either, & every thing you click on is out of stock,

I want new leads from my dogs & bowls, like the club used to sell,

& as I said the clothing apart from the kits are rotten,

Now is the time for a freshen up, get new stock in, yes some tacty bits & some exclusive bits,

They could always sell adidas merchandise from trainers to track suits ( online only) then order it direct from adidas making a pound

Or 2 on top,

Kids Preditor boots with a Hearts badge on them ( customised) this is how to get our kids hooked on our club?

& I for 1 would be happy to pay a decent amount for my sons boots,, like I do for my self

Chrambo - nonsense.

:lol:

I complain, but I have substance to my complaints. Why is it that most of us have found the service to be great every time, yet 1/2 people always seem to have issues?

But aye, I'm saying I'm a better jambo than you :lol:

People may be getting staff mixed up (been a while since I was in there) - but in recent times I have had issues and the spectrum of help was pretty wide. One person (very recently, JP I'm sure) was extremely helpful, the other, last season did give me the impression they couldn't care less.

Bad feedback only comes from bad service (unless it's just one or two moany face gits) but any business worth it's salt should look at poor feedback regardless.

EDIT: I think personally the range is the root of the problem - if I worked there and most fans came in, walked round, moaned about it and left disappointed - I'd likely be a miserable git too. The merchandise, for whatever reasons, is way poorer than times of past (understandable) and other clubs (some of which in comparison, is less understandable).

I wonder if all the folk complaining anonymously on here do actually complain in person to the people they are slagging.

I have always found the shop and ticket office staff to be helpful. Mind you I prefer shop staff to just do their jobs I dont expect to be gushed and fussed over . The guy that some folk are slagging has always appeared to me to be very good at his job. Perhaps he just isn't into fawning over

serial complainers.

the general

And maroon Louis Vuitton handbags for the ladies.

imagine burgandy Ralph Lauren polo shirts with a big white horse on them .......................

maroonlegions

Well i am happy to wait until the 21st of July until the new stock of the short sleeved home top is available again but that's just me.

Chrambo - so are you saying there is no "substance" to the issues raised by quite a few posters here?

That's great that you have found the service to be "great" - very Uber Jambo of you to say so! Unfortunately others on here have found differently and have a right to express their opinions.

Luckydug - raising specific valid issues regarding the quality and service does not make you a "serial complainer". I don't expect to be "gushed or fussed over" however I do expect a reasonably friendly and proactive service with questions answered politely instead of a grump or a shake of the head.

Chrambo - so are you saying there is no "substance" to the issues raised by quite a few posters here?

That's great that you have found the service to be "great" - very Uber Jambo of you to say so! Unfortunately others on here have found differently and have a right to express their opinions.

Luckydug - raising specific valid issues regarding the quality and service does not make you a "serial complainer". I don't expect to be "gushed or fussed over" however I do expect a reasonably friendly and proactive service with questions answered politely instead of a grump or a shake of the head.

WTF does my experiences in the shop have to do with how much of a Jambo I am?

Could you explain that one since you've reverted back to it twice.

The OP is a h1bs fan trollin as usual his other id winston churchill has went quiet recently

I agree 100% with this. The club shop looks horrific and its a representation of our club. Obviously very little can be done with the building right now. I'm also wondering why Hearts don't own the club shop ? Its our only club shop and quality wise it isn't there at all so this seems ridiculous.

:lol:

I complain, but I have substance to my complaints. Why is it that most of us have found the service to be great every time, yet 1/2 people always seem to have issues?

But aye, I'm saying I'm a better jambo than you :lol:

People are allowed to complain, its an internet forum not the ******* Houses of Parliament. You don't need a dissertation to justify your complaint.

Obviously we're at that stage where we're into a new regime and so much of CPR and Romanov's era needs revamped/Upgraded/Pulled out or otherwise changed it's going to be a slow process. Stuff like the club shop IS important and needs addressed (Pants is right, it does look like a Pound shop, and for the 3rd biggest club in Scotland thats unacceptable).

I'm not sure 100% about this but theres a thing about Pricing where you never want to sell 100% of something because it means your not charging enough, ideally your wanting to sell like 95% - This is something I heard a while back. Anyway, I would assume the same would go for shirt sales, we're sold out which is not good. This is a unique kit to other seasons and I would have thought the management at the club shop would have anticipated this.

I don't want to slate the job the club store do, I'm sure its difficult, however there is clear room for improvement and for the life of me I cannot understand why the club do not own the club shop :D

Chrambo - looks like you've adopted the moral high ground by branding all those who have raised concern over the service and quality in the shop as "serial complainers".

Can you explain that one?

At a rough count over 20 KBR's on here have raised similar concerns so I am sure they will be interested.

Diadora Van Basten

When the Rudi/Coerver training session at Tynecastle was on you had hundreds of parents milling about Tynecastle bored and the shop was shut.

They could have sold a fortune but instead they missed a trick.

Regarding being out of stock in July that's not good enough and it will be interesting to find out what their plans are for getting more stock in.

Optimus Prime

Got to agree with these two posts, the club shop has been amateurish at best for a number of years. There's has been a serious problem with stock of club shirts for a long time and it's not an Adidas/Admin issue as it was the same situation with previous kit suppliers and in better financial days. The current position is that you can't get a home shirt till 22nd July....22nd of July ffs! The pre sales should've indicated a need to revise orders however there has been similar stock issues with less popular shirts which indicates a serious flaw in merchandise management. We've Man City in town on the 18th and the club shop will be out of stock of home shirts. Apart from the obvious loss of revenue its a rather embarrassing situation.

Also the quality of non kit merchandise is appaulling, very cheap and nasty looking. Perhaps this is tied into this franchise agreement previously mentioned. Hopefully this will be looked at by the new regime as there are clearly a number of people who won't buy the current offering.

Prince Buaben

Was in collecting tickets on Saturday for the Man City game and the Ticket Office staff were very helpful and then when i purchased somethign the shop the person was friendly and polite.

When the Rudi/Coerver training session at Tynecastle was on you had hundreds of parents milling about Tynecastle bored and the shop was shut.

They could have sold a fortune but instead they missed a trick.

Regarding being out of stock in July that's not good enough and it will be interesting to find out what their plans are for getting more stock in.

Maybe if it was to become a regular thing open up a cafe/bar where the superstore used to be ?

As many have said here we must get the Club shop back in the hands of the Club and stocked with goods fans want to buy

The Vlad era left the whole infrastructure in tatters as Ann told us. After the 2012 cup win I was in the shop which was busy with fans looking to buy cup final memorabellia - all they had was cheap mugs to sell - no replica shirts with 2012 cup final embroidered beneath the badge, no poster of the cup winning team - nothing!

Hopefully this will change but we really are missing out on a valuable revenue steam

no we wont, its pretty easy for hearts fans to buy from tynecastle or order online, nobody apart from hearts fans

will buy them

Tourists coming into the city may buy them.If they,re already buying all things scottish then purchasing from one of the local teams may be in order

I always thought that the airport would have been a potential to open a hearts shop.

Archived