Goalkeepers at the Club

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

We all know that currently we have two first team goalkeepers at the club, in Neil Alexander and Jack Hamilton. But surprised to see today that another goalkeeper eligible for the under 20s was gone in Jamie Sneddon. So as far as I am aware the next goalkeeper we have Kelby Mason.

Seems we may need to do a bit of recruitment on younger goalkeepers.

kylelauren01

I knew they were a swithering on Jamie but hadn't heard the final outcome. One or two keepers coming in after the summer at various ages but no-one at the age to play at senior ages. Think we'll possibly sign another keeper but talk is of big Jack being the number 2.

jamboinglasgow

I knew they were a swithering on Jamie but hadn't heard the final outcome. One or two keepers coming in after the summer at various ages but no-one at the age to play at senior ages. Think we'll possibly sign another keeper but talk is of big Jack being the number 2.

He put on his twitter page that he is off after 7 years at Hearts.

I like Jack, a talented goalkeeper, though it will be a step up for him with first team games. Also one thing that has always struck me about Jack is his physique, he is a very physically imposing goalkeeper. Hopefully he gets games this year and not stay on the bench for the whole season.

Maurice Moss

Bear in mind that we can play 3(?) overage players at U20 level, so perhaps the idea is to have Hamilton getting his game time for the U20s and on the bench for the first team. It'd be good to have another backup in case of injury to either Hamilton or Alexander.

The man who loved beer

Jamie was on course for a contract under Locke, Combe etc. Unfortunate timing for the lad.

kylelauren01

Feel sorry for any kid being let go especially if they've been there a good while. Especially feel it for the keepers as they're all good lads.

Jambof3tornado

Is this down to our dof and his if you aint 6' by age xx then it's time to go??

Pretty sure we will bring in another keeper.

jamboinglasgow

Feel sorry for any kid being let go especially if they've been there a good while. Especially feel it for the keepers as they're all good lads.

I would agree, for them its been an important part of their life for many years. One thing I think we should have (at least at under 20 level) which Darren Murray did two years ago was present the youngsters who were leaving after many years at the academy with something to at least remember it by, in 2012 it was a signed top and a inscribed silver bowl.

Reading about Barcelona's youth academy one thing they did come across was how much the academy was like a family (true it helped that there are some who boarded at the academy) that players felt they were looked out for and part of something, it left a mark players so much that former academy graduates would return and feel back at home again. I would hope the academy is already like this but I hope we can have an academy where people felt like they part of something which meant something and looked out for them and not just viewed them as a potential asset which I sense some academies view players.

kylelauren01

Jamie isn't the tallest but his dad is over 6 ft so certainly scope there for growth. I doubt Craig Levein would have anything to do with it tbh as he won't know the keepers from Erchie. This one would be entirely down to Robbie Neilson, the 17's coaches and possibly the remaining goalkeeper coach.

Jambof3tornado

Jamie isn't the tallest but his dad is over 6 ft so certainly scope there for growth. I doubt Craig Levein would have anything to do with it tbh as he won't know the keepers from Erchie. This one would be entirely down to Robbie Neilson, the 17's coaches and possibly the remaining goalkeeper coach.

Archived