***** URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS *****

Guest GhostHunter

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

:yass:

Cheers Dex :wink:

I took your advice and setup a temp account. Probably not a great idea when inebriated as I forgot my user name and couldn't sign in :facepalm:

Yep, as predicted, everything here at Piper Towers is completely the same. Meh.

Nothing exciting ever happens to me. Mr Beige.

Guest GhostHunter

That's the 2nd batch completed.

I think we're getting close to having got all of you who lost accounts.

If anyone comes across a post in a thread that doesn't have an poster - can you PM me the link to the thread and the post number ?

Cheers

FarmerTweedy

I can't explain fully, other than to say our new setup seems to have been incorrectly configured by our server hosting company. There was a serious crash, and it corrupted the member/user table.

Across the whole membership, we believe it affected up to 1% of registered accounts - that is up to 200 accounts. Ironically, it affected 40% of the management team accounts, one of which was mine. :hae36:

***IF YOU CAN LOG IN YOU'RE FINE***

If you can't, send an email with your user account login name (do not send passwords) to the email address provided above by Dexter.

Apologies to everyone for this, and for the service disruptions since yesterday evening. We'll be talking to our server hosting company about this, and if I have my way when we're finished they'll be feeling sorer and sorrier than a red-headed stepchild. :ninja:

Na na na na na, na na na na na-a, slow down, you're gonna cra-a-ash...

Guest GhostHunter

Can log in ok but haven't been getting any email updates. :(

Any idea why??

Check your profile settings - it may have been deactivated.

The Great Khali

Dex, a lot of the threads I've read / posted in (all superb posts by the way) have all of a sudden taken me back to page 1 of the thread, including Sunday nights, the seethe thread and post a random picture. All threads which have more than a few pages. I'm fairly sure this has only happened in the last two or three days.

A knock on from the failure maybe? Bit nippy :(

Guest GhostHunter

Yeah - it's the same for everyone - sorry.

When the board went offline on Sunday, it caused locks on the database, which,when it came back, had to be removed and the table's repaired - one those was the thread_marker table which records your last position on a thread.

The only thing I can suggest, is you click on the last page of those threads - chances are, there won't have been many posts, so at worst you might need to go back a page..

Sorry

The Great Khali

Yeah - it's the same for everyone - sorry.

When the board went offline on Sunday, it caused locks on the database, which,when it came back, had to be removed and the table's repaired - one those was the thread_marker table which records your last position on a thread.

The only thing I can suggest, is you click on the last page of those threads - chances are, there won't have been many posts, so at worst you might need to go back a page..

Sorry

It's cool man, not your fault :thumbsup:

Archived