New Aberdeen strip

Locky

Pretty nifty but is it just me that feels a bit robbed by Adidas? Our retro badge and old style strip was supposed to be unique to us for a reason. Aberdeen have been given the same treatment for no reason at all.

Just think it takes the shine off of what our strip really signifies this season.

The Treasurer

Have you only just realised that all manufacturers have one pattern for their strips and just change the colour to suit which club they are producing strips for.

Ron Swanson

Pretty nifty but is it just me that feels a bit robbed by Adidas? Our retro badge and old style strip was supposed to be unique to us for a reason. Aberdeen have been given the same treatment for no reason at all.

Just think it takes the shine off of what our strip really signifies this season.

I'm sorry what? It's hardly Adidas' fault that Aberdeen have a different badge for the season...plus is hardly an old style strip they have

kingantti1874

Aberdeen have decided to put an old badge on the strip, as a whole the strip is not in the slightest bit retro. Don't see the issue

Ours is far superior to the sheeps strip..

what's the point in the rugby style tight shirts and the baggy shorts?

Forza Cuore

They could wear Brazil strips and our under 12s would still pump them.

Their strip isn't anything like ours. Old badge that looks like a 2 year old drew. nah don't feel robbed.

Aye?

We go for a remake of the 1914-15 season, and Aberdeen go for something c.1983.

Hardly anything to get upset about, imo.

Might be an over reaction on my part but I just felt they're somewhat glamourising the retro badges when we thought ours was genuinely done for a reason.

Is everyone going to get the same done? Cos if so it clouds what our strip means with the new fashion of football strips. We know what our strip means to the club but I wanted it to be unique in the fact people wonder why it's totally different from any other top we've had in recent years. Now it seems like people won't bother cos they'll tipple that Adidas let everyone have that design.

Aye?

Aye, but why?

We're commemorating the great side of that era which fell in the Great War as it's the 100 year anniversary.

Aberdeen are celebrating what? They've had their first good season since the glory days. Just glamourises the whole idea to me.

Craigieboy

Might be an over reaction on my part but I just felt they're somewhat glamourising the retro badges when we thought ours was genuinely done for a reason.

Is everyone going to get the same done? Cos if so it clouds what our strip means with the new fashion of football strips. We know what our strip means to the club but I wanted it to be unique in the fact people wonder why it's totally different from any other top we've had in recent years. Now it seems like people won't bother cos they'll tipple that Adidas let everyone have that design.

You're maybe over thinking it mate.

It's fine.

It is nothing like ours. As for their old style badge, I don't actually care. It takes nothing way from our badge, or superior strip.

I would also not describe our strip or badge as retro.

Looks shit. Grateful my eyes won't be subjected to it next season.

Another reason to glory being in the first division, enjoy.

It's sweet, I like it.

I do also very much like the Hearts top, looks class.

Hated that badge back then, hate it now. Looks like something dreamed up in a Primary School competition.

vegas-voss

Our strip and badge look brilliant and done for a genuine reason.Aberdeen's looks shit and naff and done for no reason at all.

Aye, but why?

We're commemorating the great side of that era which fell in the Great War as it's the 100 year anniversary.

Aberdeen are celebrating what? They've had their first good season since the glory days. Just glamourises the whole idea to me.

Football clubs going for a "retro" strip is hardly new and unique to Hearts this season!

And, as Simon Says says, the new Hearts kit is an homage and not "retro".

Prefer that collar to ours if I'm honest.

What? They don't have a collar!

Ours is classy :2thumbsup:

It is nothing like ours. As for their old style badge, I don't actually care. It takes nothing way from our badge, or superior strip.

I would also not describe our strip or badge as retro.

:spoton:

Craigieboy

Hated that badge back then, hate it now. Looks like something dreamed up in a Primary School competition.

Up there with hibs saturn badge imo.

:facepalm:

That was woeful.

The badge is better than the last one they had.

And as far as a totally red strip goes, it's not too bad. What else can you really do with it?

The badge is better than the last one they had.

And as far as a totally red strip goes, it's not too bad. What else can you really do with it?

Ditch the ridiculous baggy shorts

Another reason to glory being in the first division, enjoy.

It's sweet, I like it.

I do also very much like the Hearts top, looks class.

I'm certainly not glorying in being relegated but we'll take our punishment and not rely on league reconstruction/playoffs to save us. I will miss the free 9/10/12 points we regularly take off your mob though.

ps. It is still a shit strip.

The People's Chimp

Aye?

This. Hardly a shock Aberdeen went for an 80s tribute though amirite.

Seymour M Hersh

Aye?

I was wondering if that badge design came from that era. My but they're desperate to cling to that time.

john brownlee

Maybe h1b5 will use the beer mat badge as they are Edinburgh's pub team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering if that badge design came from that era. My but they're desperate to cling to that time.

eighties-eighties-experience1.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!q8E+0T51Nc5BQCJGqwRo!~~60_35.JPG

I really do not get the OP at all. I've read the posts and looked at the pic and I'm still at a loss to his rationale.

Think the OP needs to FRANKIE SAYS RELAX personally.

The People's Chimp

I really do not get the OP at all. I've read the posts and looked at the pic and I'm still at a loss to his rationale.

Bizarre stuff eh.

Think the OP needs to FRANKIE SAYS RELAX personally.

An 80s tribute we could all get behind.

zoltan socrates

Looks like Aberdeens 85/86 strip and badge

Never understand the tight top and baggy shorts though, looks daft

To be fair does it not pay homage to their CWC win? I know it's a 31 years so this season will represent their ime a CWC champs? Just a thought, I've no real care for that bunch of throwbacks at all

Rudolf's Mate

Nothing like ours and despite being a better effort than their previous, their collar isn't what I'd have liked on ours.

Imagine the seethe if we'd done that collar and then they'd done it ffs!

SpikeDudley

me too - much nicer template than our rugby top

GlasgowHMFC23

Same unfortunately, our new strip with that collar would be good. But the collar is there for obvious reasons plus most people like our collar.

BroughtonJambo

This

Archived