Premature speculative summer transfer thread if we're in the Championship

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Thoughts seem to be turning towards this elsewhere on the board. If we're out of admin but relegated by the end of the season, who should and could we bring in? Who should stay out of the current lot?

I reckon Kyle and dare I say it Rudi could do a job in that division, if they're still fit. I wonder if guys like Grainger, Barr or Kello might be tempted back too. Anyone know of good lower league players we could get in? Hemmings maybe? Andy Kirk? Calum Elliot or Gordon Smith?!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So getting in old players is the way to go about it? why would any of them leave their current team to return to a very different and relegate hearts side?

Thoughts seem to be turning towards this elsewhere on the board. If we're out of admin but relegated by the end of the season, who should and could we bring in? Who should stay out of the current lot?

I reckon Kyle and dare I say it Rudi could do a job in that division, if they're still fit. I wonder if guys like Grainger, Barr or Kello might be tempted back too. Anyone know of good lower league players we could get in? Hemmings maybe? Andy Kirk? Calum Elliot or Gordon Smith?!

We are screaming out for a Keith Lasley/Ian Black type of central midfield player...someone with a bit of dig and who can control the pace of a game.

Would like to see us hopefully getting a few experienced old heads in to guide the youngsters that remain through what is going to be a very difficult season.

So getting in old players is the way to go about it? why would any of them leave their current team to return to a very different and relegate hearts side?

Probably because Hearts in the First Division is still a bigger club than 90% of the shite in the SPL.

tartofmidlothian

Probably because Hearts in the First Division is still a bigger club than 90% of the shite in the SPL.

:spoton:

Jambof3tornado

No probables about it.

Patrick Bateman

What are Allan McManus and Kenny Milne doing these days? I think we should have a policy of resigning ex-players only.

What is the obsession with bringing back old players , we need to bring in new faces not old ones who were useless the first time FFS Rudi is now 34 and not kicked a ball for about 8 months , and this was a guy who was never the best trainer at the best if times.

Guys like Lasley @ Motherwell McLean & Millar from St Johnstone Scougall & McInulty from Livi would also be good signings.

I imagine if Hartley gets the job he might consider bringing the likes of Bain and McCord with him.

As an asides I was told by someone with connections to BDO that the deal in Lithuania will go thru and we should come out of admin In time , but - BDO do have concerns about FOH's long term business plans, fearing a return into admin in the future would reflect badly on there reputation.

Everyone says we cant afford a new managers wages so how will we be able to afford all these new players wages???i think if/when we do come out of admin it will still be a hard few years on the money side

Patrick Bateman

Idiots who know nothing say we cant afford a new managers wages so how will we be able to afford all these new players wages???i think if/when we do come out of admin it will still be a hard few years on the money side

Fixed that for you.

tartofmidlothian

They're just suggestions, I'm not suggesting we recreate the 2012 cup winning side for the sake of it.

I'm speaking from my limited knowledge of the division, does anyone know any players down there who could do a job?

My hope is that about the time we're out of admin, the Ibrox club will be looking to shed wages to stop the money hemorrhaging. Whether that means Black or Wallace or a few who've never played for us.

At this point we probably need to sign about a dozen players at various levels. Hopefully we can get some decent players looking to play for Hearts long term, and put promotion clauses in their contracts so we can afford them next year without blowing up the wage bill.

What are Allan McManus and Kenny Milne doing these days? I think we should have a policy of resigning ex-players only.

As long as that policy doesn't extend to Stephen ****ing Simmons I'm all for it.

Stevie May and Billy Mackay are realistic targets I reckon.

Goodwillie and Boyd too, just chuck the 4 of them up top at the same time.

Patrick Bateman

As long as that policy doesn't extend to Stephen ****ing Simmons I'm all for it.

I was kidding. Folk wanting Elliot, Kyle and Andy Kirk back, I mean really? They were finished as Hearts players a long time ago and misty eyed nostalgia won't change that fact. Why some folk crave mediocrity because it's familiar to them is beyond me. We shouldn't really be looking at players who were deemed not good enough not all that long ago. Kyle particularly has done nothing at Ayr United, I liked the guy, but he's done. If I was Hearts manager next season, I'd take the best players from our opponents where possible, as well as identifying players who would be able to make the step up to SPFL football. We need to be merciless and calculating in our recruitment, something we've not been in a long, long time.

league 1 side or bottom championship side will take a chance on him IMO

We will have cash to burn mate. Stick a 300k bid in and probably the same for May and we would piss the league.

I'd also like to see Temps and Driver back to provide the amo. How longs Zals contract at Leeds for?

We will have cash to burn mate. Stick a 300k bid in and probably the same for May and we would piss the league.

I'd also like to see Temps and Driver back to provide the amo. How longs Zals contract at Leeds for?

What about the 2 lads @ Dundee Utd, - Gauld & Robertson , could do a job

What about the 2 lads @ Dundee Utd, - Gauld & Robertson , could do a job

Think Gauld will end up down South mate. Never heard of Robertson.

tartofmidlothian

I was kidding. Folk wanting Elliot, Kyle and Andy Kirk back, I mean really? They were finished as Hearts players a long time ago and misty eyed nostalgia won't change that fact. Why some folk crave mediocrity because it's familiar to them is beyond me. We shouldn't really be looking at players who were deemed not good enough not all that long ago. Kyle particularly has done nothing at Ayr United, I liked the guy, but he's done. If I was Hearts manager next season, I'd take the best players from our opponents where possible, as well as identifying players who would be able to make the step up to SPFL football. We need to be merciless and calculating in our recruitment, something we've not been in a long, long time.

I was kidding about Kirk, Elliot and Smith, although I'm mildly curious as to how decent they are in that division. Reports I've heard of Kyle say he's doing a good job at that level, he's never been a prolific scorer. Otherwise why not go for players who know the club, could more than do a job in that division and are probably on roughly what we could afford? E,g. Barr or Grainger.

Otherwise I'm in total agreement with you about what our transfer policy should be.

Are you sniffing glue whilst typing this?

What do you mean?

Are you honestly trying to say they wouldn't improve us aye? :cornette:

Probably one of they guys that said Boyd wouldn't improve us, mate.

Driver and Zal would be good shouts, Would we be able to tempt Temps from the orcs?

We will certainly need a few players with more bollocks about them than the current squad.

And a manager who can recite his 5 times table.

I pray daily that we are a completely different football club come the start of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

Are you honestly trying to say they wouldn't improve us aye? :cornette:

Why not just throw in Messi Ronaldo and Ibrahimovich , trying to say they wouldn't do a job ?

Patrick Bateman

Really???

:D

It's getting harder for me to detect the sarcasm on this forum. The vegetables within our support have been out in full force on this forum.

:sob:

It's an easy thing to do but I'm confused I'm reading about all these players we could or should sign yet on the should Gary Locke resign thread I'm reading we pay the lowest wage of all the spfl managers so will it not follow that the players wages might not be enough to convince the sort of player we will need to even compete in the championship ?

Certainly no sillier than suggesting we sign Stevie May David Templeton or David Goodwillie

Aye you're right mate. We have as much chance of signing Messi as Gooodwillie

Ian Black is the only ex-player I'd really want back. Really think he'd be an asset in that league.

Depending on who we keep we need an experienced centre half, a right back, 2 midfielders (an enforcer and a box to box type), a left footed wide man and an experienced centre forward.

The must keeps - MacDonald, McKay, Wilson, McGowan, McHattie, McGhee, Holt Stevenson, Walker, Smith and Paterson

Once out of admin money will still be very tight. It's therefore unlikely that there will be any money available for transfer fees. Best bet is to get promising players from lower divisions who are coming to the end of their contracts.

Ha ha to many doom merchants on here :) let's get on that Rollercoaster ride again.

I too heard that Zal's contract is up at the end of the season, I know from speaking to one of the agents up here that he would come back in a heartbeat if we offer him the same wage as before. The new regime should do this immediately. We need a leader. Boyd's contract is finished at the end of the season too, if we offer double what Killie pay, we will have secured two key players for automatic promotion.

It's an easy thing to do but I'm confused I'm reading about all these players we could or should sign yet on the should Gary Locke resign thread I'm reading we pay the lowest wage of all the spfl managers so will it not follow that the players wages might not be enough to convince the sort of player we will need to even compete in the championship ?

We've only got the lowest budget as we've no money after season ticket money disappeared pre admin. If we get to next season and our season tickets don't drastically fall, our d/debits will pay for debt to bidco and we will have very little debt. Our budget should match any team outside old firm??

Cash to burn? Mmm OKAAAAAAY THEN! I think you need to be realistic here and Billy Mackay or Stevie May won't touch Hearts. It's a drop in division.

Cash to burn? Mmm OKAAAAAAY THEN! I think you need to be realistic here and Billy Mackay or Stevie May won't touch Hearts. It's a drop in division.

Stevie May won't touch Hearts. :laugh: He's at St Johnstone mate. With all due respect he would jump at the chance. He'd probably take a wage cut too.

Guest C00l K1d

Will we though? I don't think they'll be throwing the money about as it's a downwards spiral right back to where we will have come from.

Can see us bringing in a lot of loan signings with maybe only 2 or 3 permanent signings.

Archived