***Dundee United v Hearts official match thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the **** is Adam King on the bench and Hammill starting?

Something is seriously ******* wrong here. Does Hammil have too much power in the changing room as he's Locke's favourite? Is he scared to drop him in case he has a temper tantrum and posts on twitter?

Mcgowan into Defensive midfield alongside Adam King and Robinson. Mackay in centre back.

Why has this not happened? Really dissapointed that they've obviously not been working on a new shape in training, it's clearly the same obvious sh*t.

I hope we win, but raging right now in my filthy bedsit.

Captain Canada

Don't know what sweeping changes some expected with our threadbare squad? It's more about players redeeming themselves today and getting the finger out.

We can't change too many players clearly but we could at least try a different formation. We're so predictable it's beyond a joke.

Every week we lose the midfield battle and nothing is being done about it.

Players in terrible form are being picked regardless and the style of football is awful to watch.

Time for a fresh approach after another likely hammering today.

Don't know what sweeping changes some expected with our threadbare squad? It's more about players redeeming themselves today and getting the finger out.

I expect changes to be made when necessary.

Maybe McKay in at the back?

Maybe Hamill dropped, or moved to RB?

McGhee at CB, which I believe is his natural position?

He has options - one of those options shouldn't be playing the same defence that got F'd up the A with the greatest of ease last week.

The excuses for Locke need to stop. He has had a week to find a way to pick up this team and change our fortunes on the pitch. All he's done is shrug his shoulders and say he wasn't surprised that we conceded 7 ******* goals at home, and moan about sanctions.

Poor - very poor.

I can't believe he hasn't opted for the thousands of other options he's got. I really can't. Just canny believe he hasn't hoyed oot every last experienced player we've got. What a ******.

:cornette:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Something is seriously ******* wrong here. Does Hammil have too much power in the changing room as he's Locke's favourite? Is he scared to drop him in case he has a temper tantrum and posts on twitter?

Mcgowan into Defensive midfield alongside Adam King and Robinson. Mackay in centre back.

Why has this not happened? Really dissapointed that they've obviously not been working on a new shape in training, it's clearly the same obvious sh*t.

Chances are Locke sees him as one of the few old heads and thinks that's a reason to pick him.

I can't believe he hasn't opted for the thousands of other options he's got. I really can't. Just canny believe he hasn't hoyed oot every last experienced player we've got. What a ******.

This. Some people on here don't have a fecking clue

Chances are Locke sees him as one of the few old heads and thinks that's a reason to pick him.

Yes, I get why he has started every game this season, but we're way past this point now.

Plenty options mate. 7 bleeding nil.

Some of these guys just need a break for their own good.

I expect changes to be made when necessary.

Maybe McKay in at the back?

Maybe Hamill dropped, or moved to RB?

McGhee at CB, which I believe is his natural position?

He has options - one of those options shouldn't be playing the same defence that got F'd up the A with the greatest of ease last week.

The excuses for Locke need to stop. He has had a week to find a way to pick up this team and change our fortunes on the pitch. All he's done is shrug his shoulders and say he wasn't surprised that we conceded 7 ******* goals at home, and moan about sanctions.

Poor - very poor.

Good post.

If Hamill was leading by example on the field then fine but the guy has been a nightmare for weeks upon weeks now.What kind of experience is he giving these lads because he certainly doesn't help them through the games.

Give Locke a break ffs. It's hardly as if he's got lots of different options available, I think some people forget the prediciment we are in.

I would've went 5 at the back, with Paterson and McHattie as WB's, bring stevenson back into midfield and have the young laddies ie Carrick, Walker, Smith, King or whoever non-stop running up front.

Maybe nonsense, but a more solid looking nonsense.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Give Locke a break ffs. It's hardly as if he's got lots of different options available, I think some people forget the prediciment we are in.

That doesn't excuse him sitting on his hands. If they want someone to sit in the job letting the games roll by, I'm here and available.

Settled side. Fine for now. See what happens next few games. Changes will be made but still pretty much stongest team apart from Holt. Have done enough to keep places.

I'm doing a "you clearly weren't at the Celtic game" comment. bad form but needed.

If you think Adam King shouldn't be in the starting eleven after the central midfield performance against Celtic then you must not have been at the game last week. Mackay is also in with a shout, although that's at least more of a debate.

Locke's shat it.

Captain Canada

If anyone really thinks Locke is getting the best out of the current squad they are as badly deluded as our Hobo counterparts across the city.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Judging by this thread, its going to be carnage on here later when we get skelped again.

At least we have that to look forward to I suppose.

How can he change it if he doesn't know how? Serious question, how many different formations/systems have we seen under Locke?

That doesn't excuse him sitting on his hands. If they want someone to sit in the job letting the games roll by, I'm here and available.

What do you expect him to do.... Find a star player from the U14's to play striker for us!

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are up s/it creek without a paddle. This team should be dead and buried by now. On points won we would be 10th in the league... An amazing performance.

Patrick Bateman

Who is Locke's ex-teammate; Jamie Hamill or Adam King? I think that answers folks questions.

Charm Offensive?

I don't care too much who is playing as long as they have had a massive kick up the arse from last week and give their all to get us a result this week.

Bringing in even younger, even less experienced laddies to replace folk like Hammill, McGowan and Robinson would be very risky.

Better to let those that let the fans down last week go out and make up for it. If they don't have a burning desire to make amends this week then by all means drop them. This match is all about attitude and I demand a response, regardless of who is wearing the maroon shirt.

Change the back 4, even just stick McKay in there.

Switch out Hamill for Adam King.

There's 2 options right there, we all know its tough but we're making it tougher for ourselves by sticking with the same underperforming players instead of freshening things up a bit, even by using a couple of the youngsters.

Settled side. Fine for now. See what happens next few games. Changes will be made but still pretty much stongest team apart from Holt. Have done enough to keep places.

I'm doing a "you clearly weren't at the Celtic game" comment. bad form but needed.

If you think Adam King shouldn't be in the starting eleven after the central midfield performance against Celtic then you must not have been at the game last week. Mackay is also in with a shout, although that's at least more of a debate.

Locke's shat it.

I agree. - edit with Scott not Mikey - And as bad as McGowan has been in defence, we need a bit more weight in central midfield that McGowan just give us. Hamill, Tapping and Robinson will just be bulldozed through. Again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What do you expect him to do.... Find a star player from the U14's to play striker for us!

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are up s/it creek without a paddle. This team should be dead and buried by now. On points won we would be 10th in the league... An amazing performance.

Adam King, numbnuts

Great post.

Seymour M Hersh

A man short when he's playing. Old head or not he's crap. Undroppable though for the cone placer.

Sorry guys but I think that the team needs to have all of it's older heads, despite how honking they've been. A few of the young lads have been pretty gash anaw. The only way to get a result in a game like this is surely to motivate the favoured players rather than hoying them out. Those two in the middle of the field will at the very least contribute a modicum of 'steel'. Their job today will be to try to break up what comes at us... not to be the new Skacel & Hartley.

2576136-obvious_troll_wedding.jpg

Sorry guys but I think that the team needs to have all of it's older heads, despite how honking they've been. A few of the young lads have been pretty gash anaw. The only way to get a result in a game like this is surely to motivate the favoured players rather than hoying them out. Those two in the middle of the field will at the very least contribute a modicum of 'steel'. Their job today will be to try to break up what comes at us... not to be the new Skacel & Hartley.

While I agree dropping Hamill was never on the cards I do think we need experience at the back urgently, so either play Hamill at RB or even try something totally different an play him in the Jimmy Sandison sweeper role.

Ah well, fingers crossed he plays well today. It's bloody freezing here and a bad performance will make it feel 10degrees colder.

Locke's shat it.

Yep, I was at the cup game and I defo think Adam king should've started in place of hamill. Scary stuff reading the hootsman today, "key clash Gauld v hamill"

Charm Offensive?

Some serious rage here before a ball is even kicked in anger. If Dundee Utd play to their potential this afternoon it won't matter which team we put out. We just don't have the squad to compete with the best teams in the league playing at their best.

Take a breath, calm down and get behind the team. :thumbsup:

Bringing in even younger, even less experienced laddies to replace folk like Hammill, McGowan and Robinson would be very risky.

The fans travelling to Dundee deserve a risk to be taken.

Archived