It's official - Terry Butcher appointed new hibs manager (titled updated)

jamboozy

couldn't beleive my ears when he came out with this on sportsound today,

says that there have already been talks, can chic be right?

couldn't beleive my ears when he came out with this on sportsound today,

says that there have already been talks, can chic be right?

He's never wrong. :toff:

Decent manager but lucky in the fact he has no real expectation on him at Inverness.

Pressure at Hibs will be totally different IMO.

Inverness hard place to go, tight pitch etc, he won't have that at Hibs, teams like going to Easter road(especially us)

Time will tell I suppose

He's never wrong. :toff:

another one of his exclusive revelations, can't see why he would leave ICT for the tramps?

He is odds on favourite at 10/11.

Personally don't get the fuss over Butcher but is probably the best out of those quoted for the job Hibs could get.

He said this yesterday too. Robbo said that Butcher would probably be interested....

Jim Spence was on about Peter Grant. I cheesed at the thought tbh.

Butcher not sign a new contract at Inverness last year.....would then cost them money....canny see it happening.

His deal runs out at the end of the season.Might all come down to money with Hibs though as Butcher will want Malpas and his other backroom staff with him I think.

Turned down Barnsley in a better league ...+ he would deal the Petrie

Non starter

Wouldn't say non starter if he's odds on at the bookies tbh.

I'm pretty sure Butcher would not be a cheap option for them. He would surely drive hard bargain. Maybe he would be looking to bid for Billy McKay and a few other from ICT as well as taking backroom staff. I can't see him going down there without hefty guarantees. Has to be Shiels or some random we've never heard of.

Have a mutual friend with Danny Lennon who says he is very interested in the job.

Danny Lennon no chance of getting the job.

glastonbury jambo

would be a massive step backwards for butcher and i dont think he would last long when they started losing to us as per normal

Charm Offensive?

Danny Lennon no chance of getting the job.

He was on the shortlist of three when Fenlon was appointed. Since then he has won a trophy.

He was on the shortlist of three when Fenlon was appointed. Since then he has won a trophy.

I'm willing to run naked around tynie if he gets the job.

heard one pundit on Forth Radio yesterday say Butcher not likely to go to Hibs as the job is now seen by coaches as a poisoned chalice.

Tache was on the radio...

"Pat did very well....cup finals... upper echelons of the league....European football....need to make the right appointment....no time-scale...I'm no' telling you ya gimp..."

If their not irish they wont get the job!

its part of the job description

How many Irish managers have Hibs had like, since 1960, Fenlan is the only one I can think of?

Nelly Terraces

It's going to be Shiels.

He's an absolute knob and he's exactly the sort of guy Hibs would go for.

Please be true. PLEASE.

William H. Bonney

It's going to be Shiels.

He's an absolute knob and he's exactly the sort of guy Hibs would go for.

I agree. Especially with Nicholll already there.

How many Irish managers have Hibs had like, since 1960, Fenlan is the only one I can think of?

You're spot on - he's the only Irish manager they've had in modern times.

Decent manager but lucky in the fact he has no real expectation on him at Inverness.

Pressure at Hibs will be totally different IMO.

Inverness hard place to go, tight pitch etc, he won't have that at Hibs, teams like going to Easter road(especially us)

Time will tell I suppose

I agree with this. Butcher has always seemed like a decent guy and I hope that he doesn't take the job - but as you say, there is much less pressure managing Inverness and I suspect he would not find it easy at Hibs. Also it must be said that Butcher's managerial record generally is mixed to say the least.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Petrie prefers yes men like calderwood and fenlon, that's why Hughes didn't last despite getting hibs their best league finish in the last 5 years or so (last time they were top 6 too)

Couldn't see him employing someone opinionated like butcher or shiels

If Big Tel Butcher was going anywhere it would probably be to England. Of course he might transform Hibs by taking some of his best players from

ICT . The positive effect would not start at once, but would kick in next term.

Still dont think he will move though.

Petrie prefers yes men like calderwood and fenlon, that's why Hughes didn't last despite getting hibs their best league finish in the last 5 years or so (last time they were top 6 too)

Couldn't see him employing someone opinionated like butcher or shiels

He also sided with the players with regards to square heid.

I am hoping therefore it does not happen as he is decent. Hibs could make him sh1t though.

The Old Tolbooth

Butcher would be a complete mug if he went there, he's probaby got the safest job in the league at Inverness and the muppets job is a complete poisoned chalice whilst The Tache is there, imagine Butcher going to the board and asking for transfer funds etc, and Petrie speaking to him like he does with other managers, he wouldn't last 5 minutes as Butcher is a very strong minded person, The Tache needs another lapdog, and Butcher certainly isn't one of them!

I agree with this. Butcher has always seemed like a decent guy and I hope that he doesn't take the job - but as you say, there is much less pressure managing Inverness and I suspect he would not find it easy at Hibs. Also it must be said that Butcher's managerial record generally is mixed to say the least.

Spot on his managerial record has been a bit of a hit or a miss.

Spot on his managerial record has been a bit of a hit or a miss.

his stock is high at the moment, thats why wee chico's comments on the radio today had me perplexed,

i mean why hibs?

his stock is high at the moment, thats why wee chico's comments on the radio today had me perplexed,

i mean why hibs?

Compared to Caley they are a big club and a stepping stone to the sevco job that he really wants.

Archived