West Brom Friendly

Eggo

Ive a mate who is a West Brom fan and he says that there may be a pre-season friendly against us at Tynie. Has anyone any info to confirm this? cheers

Don corleone

I heard this mentioned at the awards ceremony last night but it's not confirmed.

Away at The Hawthorns would be superb. Great stadium and just roon the corner for me!

Been a couple of times - boing boing

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know about 4-5 West Brom fans, two are also adopted Hearts fans now. Would prefer The Hawthorns, so I could visit family and friends.

Hope this happens. :)

Tynnie for me.... I wouldn't go to an away friendly... Home bad enough. Zzz

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

as no europe this year hope theres a decent away english friendly like millwall a couple years back

Hawthorns would be great and would be interesting to see the Hearts support and if it's at Tynie how many fans West Brom bring.

super_vlad

I think if we do play them it will be tynie as Steve Clark does like to bring his teams up to Scotland for preseason training. Would love a away trip there tho

Would like a cheeky wee away trip given there is no European adventure this year.

Maroon Sailor

Hawthorns would be great and would be interesting to see the Hearts support and if it's at Tynie how many fans West Brom bring.

Not many would be the answer to your question

One of my pals here in Ume? is an Englishman and a die-hard Baggie, this just got interesting.

broony1985

I love preseason friendly away! Southampton has been my favorite so far, Millwall last year was ok.

hmfc_liam06

Tynnie for me.... I wouldn't go to an away friendly... Home bad enough. Zzz

I don't think many go to away friendlies for the game itself.....

:olly:

Maroon Sailor

Still no North American tour planned then. Damn.

We couldnae afford to go to North Berwick never mind North America

On my Lunch

I love preseason friendly away! Southampton has been my favorite so far, Millwall last year was ok.

I remember going to the Dell preseason about 35 years ago.

I'm still recovering from the madness of last years trip to Dunfermline.

Scenes.

kylelauren01

Also heard that Birmingham City may be interested in a friendly - just need Aston Vanilla for the full house!

the general

I remember going to the Dell preseason about 35 years ago.

not being picky but was it not post season week after the cup final?

the general

Since we have no Europe this year, hope we get a decent away friendly somewhere.

belfast?

It was and ended in a 3-2 victory I think.

Sergio Garcia

belfast?

For purely selfish reasons I am not counting that one since I will be at the Wickerman festival.

I want the club to cater for my individual summer plans please.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Any news on the tournament in Belfast? Quite eager to go over if we confirm we're playing there.

Was at a wba game last season, really enjoyed the atmosphere and the stadium, as such have taken to liking them and adtopting them as my english team

Would definately go either the hawthorns or tynecastle!

Just out of curiosity do you receive loyalty points for pre season friendlys ?

Sergio Garcia

Just out of curiosity do you receive loyalty points for pre season friendlys ?

Yep got some for Rotherdam away last pre season.

Fxxx the SPFL

It was and ended in a 3-2 victory I think.

yep remember that game went down with supporters bus with some boys from currie and balerno, arrived in Southampton early morning about six ish and had a impromtu kick about about in the main shopping area cops came along to see what all the fuss was about. The pubs were a bit wary about us as the huns had been down the previous season and caused a lot of bother. I remember when we got back to edinburgh a guy on the bus had brought a bird from southampton back on the bus with him and another guy had a few seats to himself as hed had shit his jeans, ah the memories of away days

Yep got some for Rotherdam away last pre season.

5 points I believe

the general

yep remember that game went down with supporters bus with some boys from currie and balerno, arrived in Southampton early morning about six ish and had a impromtu kick about about in the main shopping area cops came along to see what all the fuss was about. The pubs were a bit wary about us as the huns had been down the previous season and caused a lot of bother. I remember when we got back to edinburgh a guy on the bus had brought a bird from southampton back on the bus with him and another guy had a few seats to himself as hed had shit his jeans, ah the memories of away days

was on same bus mate my first under age drinking

the general

Always a bit uninspired by any friendly tbh.

Always go, but they're shite.

sweeping statement as usual been to some crackers Boro derby millwall were cracking

Always enjoy an away trip to England. Preston a few years back was a cracking day out.

If the club are going to do what they did when burley was gaffer and have a number of trialists involved then it may be a good afternoon out.

On my Lunch

Thats my old age playing tricks on me

Winston Ingram

They're trying to sort home friendly v English team weekend before Belfast. Leeds had previously been the plan but doesn't seem to be happening now.

Fxxx the SPFL

was on same bus mate my first under age drinking

A guy who works beside me was on it too Colin Campbell from Currie don't know if you remember him.

Clerry Jambo

A guy who works beside me was on it too Colin Campbell from Currie don't know if you remember him.

is this the same Colin Campbell affectionately known as "silky", used to play fitba with a guy with same name from Currie!!

Fxxx the SPFL

sweeping statement as usual been to some crackers Boro derby millwall were cracking

wasn't at Millwall but Boro and Derby were brilliant I remember Derby like it was yesterday went to some pub in the bronx (housing scheme) and Frankie Morton was hoggin the stereo kept playing Alice Alice who the **** is Alice to the words of HIbees Hibees who the **** are Hibees must have played it about 40 trillion times.

Fxxx the SPFL

is this the same Colin Campbell affectionately known as "silky", used to play fitba with a guy with same name from Currie!!

that's the very guy although he's not silky any more.

the general

Thats my old age playing tricks on me

I can remember stuff like that but not what I had for tea last night :-(

Hull and Charlton were also really good away trips

I don't think many go to away friendlies for the game itself.....

:olly:

Correct - Glentoran is still a bit hazy!

Hannibal Lecter

Always enjoy an away trip to England. Preston a few years back was a cracking day out.

Totally agree. Went by train and was well away with it before we even got near Carlisle :lol:

Archived