Fraser Mullen being released

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Fraser has just tweeted that he is not being offered a contract for next season.

Fraser Mullen ?@FraserMullen_ 2m

Not being offered a contract for next season at hearts. Enjoyed being at the club since I was 12 but annoyed the way last few months ended

Bad move by the club IMO.

I'm sure he will find another club though.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always looked a good prospect. Strange move, our right back options are now hamill and mcgowan? mcgowan better in the centre too.

Surprised by that if i'm honest though he was going to be a big player for Hearts in the future. Looked good pre-injury as well!

Gregory House M.D.

Signing Scott Robinson though.

:cornette::sob:

Absolutely disgraceful decision. If any youngsters should be binned it should be the shitebags who disgraced the jersey on Sunday.

Also, he's probably the only decent crosser of a ball and long free-kick taker of the whole batch of youngsters coming through and we release him?

Utter ******* bollocks. If anything screamed Get John Murray to **** out of our club more than the McGlynn fiasco then this is it. A clueless welt of a man. Bring back Duff Jimmy FFS.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Now we'll have to sign another RB?

Strange move. Decent player.

Jambos1983

We need a new right back desperately then imo. Hammil is fine in midfield but a poor right back

We are tragic in the right back area.

Tragic at cross balls, free kicks and corners.

So we release young Mullen.

Strange.

Bizarre move. Would like to think there is someone else in the frame, doubt it though. Another season with Hamill at RB.

:sob:

hughesie27

Weird move but I trust we will be looking to strengthen the defense elsewhere.

jambo4_0matty

Showed enough in his handful of appearances that he had potential to put up a challenge for the RB slot and was doing ok when out injured. Hamill is somewhere between average and pish and McGowan doesn't look comfortable enough on the ball to play RB imo, so seems a strange decision by the club.

Ryan Jarman

Strange decision.

Hopefully bring in a new first choice RB and make Hamill cover. Can't be doing with him if he's going to play like Sunday every week.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Terrible, terrible decision.

Gutted for him. For me, he certainly merits a new deal.

Cruyff Turn

Shocking decision.

Looked really good in the games he played, not just that but could deliver good crosses and set pieces.

rossthejambo

Very strange, don't think he's had a bad game since he broke through. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Hamill was on Sunday.

Francis Albert

Very strange. What did he do wrong? Looked at least on a par with most of the other youngsters introduced this season.

Looked a good prospect and his wages certainly wouldn't have broken the bank, strange decision from whoever's in charge.

Hopefully the lad has a big future in the game.

Footballfirst

Probably one of the best passers of the ball at the club and can deliver decent free kicks and corners.

Just doesn't make sense. :11300:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Probably one of the best passers of the ball at the club and can deliver decent free kicks and corners.

Just doesn't make sense. :11300:

Can only assume his ankle is smashed to bits?

BobbyJenkins

They must have someone lined up or theres a good reason to let him go. Ill trust their judgement...for now.

Craig Thomson must be coming back........

Would take him in a heartbeat

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Decent set pieces but another who didn't defend that well for me and I will buck the trend. For pennies he could have been worth a 1 year

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Would take him in a heartbeat

Can deliver a decent free kick and corner as well. Just what we need.

Francis Albert

That occured to me - maybe also explains his reference to the last few months?

Clerry Jambo

Agree with most, surprised at the decision, maybe we will hear the reasons from the management further down the line.............or mibbe we have that BARCA right back on a pre-contract.....

Caspian Primrose

im genuinely shocked at that. i thought he was coming along well and had a future at the club.

Harry Palmer

Annoyed at the last few months. Wonder what that's about?

Being injured and unable to play.

Footballfirst

I spoke to him 4 or 5 weeks ago and he said he was getting shot of the crutches in a week or two after that point. Was looking to be ready for pre season training at the beginning of July.

:shitwine:

Don't rate him all that highly as a player, but would have been useful considering our lack of options at RB

Archived