foundation pledge

2NaFish

just had an email saying it's time to pay up. rather short and almost demanding. anyone else get it?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

I only just pledged today! :lol:

They must have been waiting for me, before jumping in to action.

Drew Oswald

Yes, just got it. Not great if if real, looks like a hacked account to me.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Haven't received it, copy and paste please.

Bowmans_Boot

I pledged in November and havent had any email requesting any payments at all, just an automatic, standard one thanking me in November.

Yes, just got it. Not great if if real, looks like a hacked account to me.

waswondering if its because I'm on my tablet and thought I was missing something. its either hacked - which is really poor - or real,and makes them look unprofessional.

either way, they look like a two bob outfit

Francis Albert

Seems highly improbable that FoH would do this without making an announcement first.

Sounds like a hobo-inspired hoax.

Toxteth O'Grady

waswondering if its because I'm on my tablet and thought I was missing something. its either hacked - which is really poor - or real,and makes them look unprofessional.

Again

Drew Oswald

Haven't received it, copy and paste please.

Dear Drew Oswald

Thanks for your donation of 100

Now is the time to pay up

Sincerely,

Andy Grant

Francis Albert

Dear Drew Oswald

Sincerely,

Andy Grant

Yes, hobo inspired hoax. Poor even by their standards.

How so......................IF it has been hacked then they join a long list of reputable companies that have been hacked... oh and various UK and American governemt agencies.........................................all two bob outfits in your eyes ?

Independence

I just got one as well states:

Andy Grant

Foundation of Hearts

May 1, 2013

Dear ......

Sincerely,

Andy Grant

Drew Oswald

Looks like phishing, but it has my home address also etc. Someone has accessed FoH site, but IT is not my thing. Suggestions on what to do?

I only just pledged today! :lol:

They must have been waiting for me, before jumping in to action.

So did I. Now I have, they must mean business.

Never got the email.

Does sound fake.

The bit that concerns me is that they've got my address and, more germane, how much i've pledged. Now my address is pretty easy to track down online and efffectively useless, but that they have my pledge details is concerning. I want to trust the foundation, i genuinely do. I'm not looking for ways to have a go, but if someone has gotten access to information they ought to consider sensitive i have to ask questions as to quite how much i can trust them.

I need to know that the FOH can investigate how something like this can happen - and it's clearly happened to a fair few other fans - and what measures they are going to make to ensure that i feel safe having them use my money. Until then i have to say i'm now in the highly sceptical camp.

So a site with thousands of Hearts fans details has been hacked.

Goody gumdrops.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So did I. Now I have, they must mean business.

Never got the email.

Does sound fake.

I haven't got one either.

Phishing? I'd certainly want more details.

Francis Albert

The bit that concerns me is that they've got my address and, more germane, how much i've pledged. Now my address is pretty easy to track down online and efffectively useless, but that they have my pledge details is concerning. I want to trust the foundation, i genuinely do. I'm not looking for ways to have a go, but if someone has gotten access to information they ought to consider sensitive i have to ask questions as to quite how much i can trust them.

I need to know that the FOH can investigate how something like this can happen - and it's clearly happened to a fair few other fans - and what measures they are going to make to ensure that i feel safe having them use my money. Until then i have to say i'm now in the highly sceptical camp.

You are right, that is worrying. And potentially very damaging to FoH.

Auldreekie1874

I got the same email, infact I got it twice within 2 minutes.

hughesie27

Aye, because massive multi-national companies haven't been hacked online before.

Some people look for the complete worst in absolutely everything they do. :facepalm:

hughesie27

How so......................IF it has been hacked then they join a long list of reputable companies that have been hacked... oh and various UK and American governemt agencies.........................................all two bob outfits in your eyes ?

Exactly.

That doesn't make them innocent though. They shouldn't be getting hacked. I'd actually suggest that the average Hobo wouldn't have the brains to do this though. Was more likely a Rangers or Celtic ploy who have enough fans to at least scrub enough braincells together to log onto the site.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I pledged but no email yet. As the pledges didn't involve financial info other than a pledge amount then all the details will be stored in a database connected to the online form - probably also exported to a spreadsheet.

I can see how someone would try a genuine phishing scam but it looks to me more like a 'joke'. However playing around with peoples personal info isn't a joke. It should be easy to track the culprit down through they're email adress, IP, especially if it looks like an amateur on the wind-up. My bet it originated down leith way

Aye, because massive multi-national companies haven't been hacked online before.

Some people look for the complete worst in absolutely everything they do. :facepalm:

Yeah, that's not what i've done.

Tommy Wiseau

Oh, Hughesie :lol:

This will do FoH's already-shaky PR machine a bit of damage, I would suspect :lol: Folk who would otherwise pledge might think twice if they think their details aren't safe.

tartofmidlothian

I said at the start FoH were asking for too much info from people. Name, email address, amount, preferred timescale, that's all they needed.

queensferryjambo

I pledged in November and to date no emails.

I am sure if the FOH start collecting cash there would be a public announcement from them.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Hughesie, Multi-National companies have millions and millions of people's details. Not hundreds of details of a very specific set of people in what will most likely be a very small area.

If a multi-national gets hacked, the chances of your details being seen and used is 1:1000000+, if FoH gets hacked it's like 1:500.

hughesie27

Oh, Hughesie :lol:

This will do FoH's already-shaky PR machine a bit of damage, I would suspect :lol: Folk who would otherwise pledge might think twice if they think their details aren't safe.

See my 2nd post.

hughesie27

Hughesie, Multi-National companies have millions and millions of people's details. Not hundreds of details of a very specific set of people in what will most likely be a very small area.

If a multi-national gets hacked, the chances of your details being seen and used is 1:1000000+, if FoH gets hacked it's like 1:500.

That's not the point I was making though? I wasn't saying that people shouldn't get upset about it was I?

My details are on that system as well FFS! (No e-mail though)

Walter Payton

Apologies all, I'm to blame for this email and the subsequent mess.

There is no firewall or security breach at the Foundation of Hearts, just an idiot who misclicked a button.

I've been helping on the Working Group of the Foundation, sanitising the spreadsheet of everybody who has pledged and removing the obvious Hibs fans who have made up fake names to pledge. As everybody will be aware, the next major challenge for the foundation will be to contact everybody who has pledged and (sensitively...) translate pledges to actual working capital. Unfortunately while creating a mail merge (with some literal "dummy text") so I could personalise the requests that went out to everybody, the emails started to send...

I apologise sincerely for any offence caused and am currently working to remedy the situation as best I can, both by posting this message on here and a further message to everybody apologising as soon as the server allows me to send more emails.

There is no reason to doubt the intentions or the abilities of the Foundation Board Members because of this incident which is entirely my fault. After I've done what I can to remedy this, I will offer my withdrawal from any further activity to do with the Foundation to the rest of the working group.

Apologies again,

Andy Grant

Walter Payton

I'll post again further when I've got the issue sorted out. I'm sure I'll take pelters but I've got to concentrate my efforts on fixing the situation before I can let myself be distracted on here!

There is no firewall or security breach at the Foundation of Hearts, just an idiot who misclicked a button.

I've been helping on the Working Group of the Foundation, sanitising the spreadsheet of everybody who has pledged and removing the obvious Hibs fans who have made up fake names to pledge. As everybody will be aware, the next major challenge for the foundation will be to contact everybody who has pledged and (sensitively...) translate pledges to actual working capital. Unfortunately while creating a mail merge (with some literal "dummy text") so I could personalise the requests that went out to everybody, the emails started to send...

I apologise sincerely for any offence caused and am currently working to remedy the situation as best I can, both by posting this message on here and a further message to everybody apologising as soon as the server allows me to send more emails.

There is no reason to doubt the intentions or the abilities of the Foundation Board Members because of this incident which is entirely my fault. After I've done what I can to remedy this, I will offer my withdrawal from any further activity to do with the Foundation to the rest of the working group.

Apologies again,

Andy Grant

:lol:

Disaster mate but at least there is no harm done and it was a genuine mistake. Don't quit man!

Tommy Wiseau

See my 2nd post.

Aye, seen it. That's the one where you say they aren't innocent i.e. it will make them look bad. Not that it matters now Andy has explained, seems fair enough and an honest mistake.

Craigieboy

Apologies again,

Andy Grant

It's a genuine mistake mate.

No offense caused, I'm sure.

Apologies again,

Andy Grant

Well done on owning up, acknowledging, apologising and trying to fix.

Walter Payton

Thanks for the encouragement!

For anybody feeling left out because they didn't get the email I'm hoping I successfully blocked it after the first 10% or so of emails went out. Unfortunately for me (but hopefully fortunately for the future of the club!) that's hundreds....

When my email gets hacked, some single mom is trying to tell me how she earns $83,667 per month.

Craigieboy

Andy, you're doing a hell of a lot of work for the foundation, for free.

I'm sure a wee error isn't going to be too big a thing.

Tommy Wiseau

When my email gets hacked, some single mom is trying to tell me how she earns $83,667 per month.

Sounds like you've been visiting the Daily Mail website by mistake?

Archived