Danny Wilson

siegementality

siegementality

Nope, not for me I'm afraid.

I find it incredible Liverpool paid ?2million for him.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not strong enough.

Not dominating enough.

Not aggressive enough.

Lacks concentration.

He's an average SPL player at best. I'd be stunned if any bigger club than Hearts would want to sign him.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm stunned at how pish he is.

Get rid and bring through Brad Mckay please.

Kirky Jambo

Plays with a swagger but needs to learn the basics if he wants to be a CB. Like positioning and winning tackles. Liverpool have an eye for a poor bargain mind you.

He played much better at LB when he's came into the side, CB is supposed to be his natural position as well.

Jambof3tornado

He's a bit of a billy big baws, thinks he's the man and he really isn't ... Ps was it not ?5m

Were you sitting in c3 today coz the billy big baws was my exact words to describe him?

Not as good as he thinks he is.

kingantti1874

Were you sitting in c3 today coz the billy big baws was my exact words to describe him?

Not as good as he thinks he is.

Lol, south upper.. But I genuinely wouldn't play him, it's not his ability - it's his attitude... Another one we won't miss

cardboardcutout

Couldn't agree more! As a CB if he is worth 2m then zal is worth ?10m!! He is not strong enough and doesn't get stuck in when its required!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Get sucked in by Thompson like this was such a basic error. To do that as a centre half is mad.

siegementality

He's a bit of a billy big baws, thinks he's the man and he really isn't ... Ps was it not ?5m

?2 million rising to ?5 million based on appearances. It's safe to say der Hun have had all they are getting for him.

Maybe sevco will take him back when is on a free in the summer certainly dont want him at hearts

good player who was poor today and has made his money, can see him signing an extension at the end of the season

siegementality

good player who was poor today and has made his money, can see him signing an extension at the end of the season

I've heard he'll sign a 3 year deal and get given the captaincy. Hopefully it's wrong.

The Great Khali

Exact quote from BBC

Gary Teale offered respite down the wing as St Mirren sought a leveller, with James McHattie often relying on Danny Wilson as covering centre-back to limit the threat of an incursion into goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald's box.

Who the **** is James Mchattie?

I really thought he would be a great signing for us but for whatever reason he's not been particularly impressive.

It's not like he's been horrific but I don't see why Liverpool paid so much for him anyway, looks like SPL is his level.

Fermit the Krog

Called it after two games. Just don't see it.

As above though have heard he'll sign a permanent deal, maybe even in the next week or so.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

People need to remember that Danny is only 21 years old.

Called it after two games. Just don't see it.

As above though have heard he'll sign a permanent deal, maybe even in the next week or so.

I'd be happy to see him signed as a left back. In this position I think he's decent.

Fermit the Krog

I'd be happy to see him signed as a left back. In this position I think he's decent.

I think my comment was actually 'never a left back' tbh :laugh:

I thought he never seemed to be in right position. There was one early on , when one of there's went passed so easily, all he could resort to was pulling the player back in just the someway as when he was sent off. Not good enough .

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Exact quote from BBC

Gary Teale offered respite down the wing as St Mirren sought a leveller, with James McHattie often relying on Danny Wilson as covering centre-back to limit the threat of an incursion into goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald's box.

Who the **** is James Mchattie?

Him and Bobby Webster are best pals.

A player with real class and quality.

Never a centre half in a million years though. Left back and maybe left mid.

He's the future of the side. Poor today but he does care and isn't big headed in the slightest.

jambos are go!

St Mirrens centre backs struggled when we got got ball into the area just like ours did. without a levien , Berra, Gonclalves or even Zaliukas we have no pace to get back. Ill say again the back four cost us today.

He's got brilliant potential. Although I'd like to see him stay at centre back as McHattie certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped out the side. Wilson's on a poor run of form and I'm not so sure about the Wilson/Webster partnership.

kevbo-selecta

Not strong enough.

Not dominating enough.

Not aggressive enough.

Lacks concentration.

He's an average SPL player at best. I'd be stunned if any bigger club than Hearts would want to sign him.

Perfect summary. Total at fault for 2nd & 3rd goal. Not good today!!

Maurice Moss

Looked better at left-back, definitely. However, McHattie deserves to keep his place. If we didn't already have such an inexperienced back four I'd want McKay in but, until Hamill is back, we can't afford to have even less experience at the back.

Although saying that, we don't have anything else to play for this season so it might be worth McKay getting some games under his belt.

Gregory House M.D.

Wow. I'm baffled by some of these comments. I think he had a poor game today by his own standards but didn't think he was all that bad.

I actually think he's been very good for us so far. Opinions, arseholes.

Alwaysinourshadows

He's the future of the side. Poor today but he does care and isn't big headed in the slightest.

Do you think he'll be with us beyond this season like?

colinmaroon

He's got brilliant potential. Although I'd like to see him stay at centre back as McHattie certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped out the side. Wilson's on a poor run of form and I'm not so sure about the Wilson/Webster partnership.

Got it in one!

They are bothstrolllers and only look good when they have a proper centre-half alongside them.

PS As Strachan was at the game, Webster's best will be on the bench. Good grief, Caldwell is a better central defender!

Thunderstruck

People need to remember that Danny is only 21 years old.

You need to remember this is Kickback. Scapegoats must be found.

wilson would be better with zal next to him. webster and wilson are very similar in the sense that they are both comfy with the ball at feet and have a confidence about them in situations that others would seem flustered in, i think you need one that will just find row Z when it needs to be done! id find it harsh just now to move mchattie to accomodate wilson at left back though, mchattie is coming onto a good game

Monty Carlo

Jesus, folk have had their judgement ###### over today likes. If we sign this guy on an affordable contract that would be incredible business. Poor today but bags of potential - on the few games we've seen of both he's got a brighter future in the game than Ngoo.

A player with real class and quality.

Never a centre half in a million years though. Left back and maybe left mid.

Does not look a CH and am not convinced at LB either. Maybe the Darren Barr role in front of the defence would suit him better.

Snake Plissken

I'd happily take him as a left back (McHattie's still suspect defensively but he could be a very good midfielder)but not convinced by him in the middle.

Webster and Wilson in the middle doesn't work, no-one takes charge. We need a defender to win the ball and one to cover, Zal was the one who took charge and it worked with Webster. Is McKay the answer? Or perhaps McGowan (he didn't look too shabby there against Hibs).

If we had Zal, we'd be taking that cup home (I know he was suspended anyway) he's such a huge player for us.

Rangers fans you speak to cannot say enough about how much they thought Danny Wilson was an outstanding centre half for them. And I mean that is what they say about his ability at the time, never mind the perception of his potential based on that.

Seriously, what the **** happened?

Arthur Morgan

wilson would be better with zal next to him. webster and wilson are very similar in the sense that they are both comfy with the ball at feet and have a confidence about them in situations that others would seem flustered in, i think you need one that will just find row Z when it needs to be done! id find it harsh just now to move mchattie to accomodate wilson at left back though, mchattie is coming onto a good game

Without a doubt. Webster and Wilson are just too similar to each other. I have realised over the past few months how much Zal had been holding us together at the back. He is a huge player for us, our best player, inspirational leader and a great captain. He also hates the Hibs, I will be devastated when he leaves. I would honestly sacrifice 3 or 4 players wages just to keep him. I always thought I would pick Webster over him to stay if I came down to it but over the past year he has shown he is the best centre back at the club and I would now pick him over Webster to stay any day of the week.

Archived