If you felt a tiny bit pain walking out that ground today

Craigieboy

Multiply it by 1 million to get some idea of how h1b5 fans felt in May.

:verysmug:

Onward and upward.

HHGH.

Floridajambo

Exactly. Would have been great to win both cups in one year, but this was, and always will be, the diddy cup. We have some promising youngsters, and a new manager who bleeds maroon, so onwards and upwards. A wee bit of dead wood to clear out in the summer, and off we go again.

Losing in May would have been catastrophic. This is just an irritating missed opportunity to a more experienced team. Still dont how we didnt get 3 up before their goal though....

3fingersreid

I honestly couldn't care how that teams support felt we had that cup in our grasp and couldn't hold on badword gutted

I just can't get too downbeat.

Disappointing to fall out a game so badly.

But having had May, how can you complain?

We've never had much, but we've had THAT.

Exactly. A small trade for 19th of May that I would make in a heartbeat.

5-1.

Indeed. If the Devil/God/whoever said last may -"you'll beat Hibs 5-1 now, then lose the League Cup Final 3-2 to St Mirren every single season from now to eternity", I would have taken it.

Indeed. If the Devil/God/whoever said last may -"you'll beat Hibs 5-1 now, then lose the League Cup Final 3-2 to St Mirren every single season from now to eternity", I would have taken it.

This is exactly how I feel about it. We had all our Christmases at once last May.

A deal was done and it involved us losing this. So be it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I was crying at the end and not ashamed to admit it. We shouldn't be losing national finals to St Mirren.

Tommy Wiseau

So that's alright then...

Aye apparently so. Loser's mentality and seemingly the mentality of that team on the park today.

Some seem to think that was good enough the day :wow:

heartsfc_fan

Disappointing but don't feel too bad.

We were poor for most of the 2nd half but at least didnt lose 5 or 6.

The performance was very poor in the second half.

However, I can't get too worked up.

Maybe it's my low expectations going into the game or just that we fell out the game so badly.

Ill admit though, we had it in our grasp first half. Terrible second half.

What happened in May is of absolutely no relevance.

I am absolutely gutted. And when I get home and sit down and reflect on today it will no doubt feel 1000 times worse.

A big big opportunity missed. I'm not so much angry as frustrated by how we played. Yes, some of our players are not good enough for Hearts, but they should have been good enough to win today.

NewYorkJambo

Who cares. Today has nothing to do with May.

Clutching at straws if you are trying to take comfort from the Scottish Cup final

Who cares. Today has nothing to do with May.

Clutching at straws if you are trying to take comfort from the Scottish Cup final

Having won very little over the years, I certainly will take crumbs of comfort from May.

3fingersreid

Having won very little over the years, I certainly will take crumbs of comfort from May.

Your first 7 words is why today hurts I just don't get this " a fek it its only the wee cup " not saying you Craigie said that I wanted to win this cup as much as the Scottish cup in fact as much as the 6 a side tourney we won years ago the first fekin cup I'd seen us win .every cup final is a MUST win

Russian Hats

The performance was very poor in the second half.

However, I can't get too worked up.

Maybe it's my low expectations going into the game or just that we fell out the game so badly.

Ill admit though, we had it in our grasp first half. Terrible second half.

Looks like your on your own. Today wasn't about May or Hibs it was about US and a trophy we haven't won for a long time and will never get a better chance to win. Still raw and expect it to be for a bit.

Guest C00l K1d

What a load of shite.

No matter how good 19th was we can't just keep going ''oh but we beat hibs 5-1''

How long are we going to use it as an excuse when we get beat. We should've won today.

I could list at least 10 games I've been to that have made me feel worse than I did today. I think some of our supporters thought we just had to turn up today and, maybe some of the players did too. To get to the final this season took some doing in the first place. May was the highest of highs. Today is disappointing but compared to Dens, 86 cup final and many semis and cup finals today was nowhere near the lowest. As Craigieboy says upwards and onwards.

What a load of shite.

No matter how good 19th was we can't just keep going ''oh but we beat hibs 5-1''

How long are we going to use it as an excuse when we get beat. We should've won today.

No an excuse my friend. Agree, we should have won. But the point is nothing will ever compare to that glorious day in May. Nothing.

I could list at least 10 games I've been to that have made me feel worse than I did today. I think some of our supporters thought we just had to turn up today and, maybe some of the players did too. To get to the final this season took some doing in the first place. May was the highest of highs. Today is disappointing but compared to Dens, 86 cup final and many semis and cup finals today was nowhere near the lowest. As Craigieboy says upwards and onwards.

We could all list games that have made us feel worse. But it's like arguing over who's shite is the smelliest.

Its called trying to look on the bright side and cheer people up.

Totally won't work on here. Too many waiting for a fail to justify moaning beforehand :lol:

No an excuse my friend. Agree, we should have won. But the point is nothing will ever compare to that glorious day in May. Nothing.

Nonsense, unless you are talking about May 1998.

Tommy Wiseau

If McGlynn was in charge and we'd played like that today, you would have been on going ****ing radio rental - fact.

May has nothing to do with anything.

If McGlynn was in charge and we'd played like that today, you would have been on going ****ing radio rental - fact.

Nail hit well and truly on the head!!!

We were poor for most of the 2nd half but at least didnt lose 5 or 6.

Yeah, you're right. If someone had offered me a one goal defeat, this morning, I would have bitten their hand off. Even when we went one up, I thought, well, at least we scored.

Shocking acceptance of mediocrity.

What happened in May is of absolutely no relevance.

I am absolutely gutted. And when I get home and sit down and reflect on today it will no doubt feel 1000 times worse.

A big big opportunity missed. I'm not so much angry as frustrated by how we played. Yes, some of our players are not good enough for Hearts, but they should have been good enough to win today.

Go and get wrecked.

That's exactly what I'm about to do.

Tommy Wiseau

I'm up at quarter to 6 in the morning for work. In Glasgow. As if it wasn't shite enough ffs :lol:

Might still get guttered B)

Losing a diddy cup 3-2 in a tight game is nothing compared to having your hoop burst 5-1 to your most hated rivals in a bigger competition.

Jambos_1874

Having pumped the we team last year and being relatively successful in recent years does make today easier to take but that shouldn't be the case. We've got to have the mentality that every cup is important and winning is everything. As much as I hate to say it, the OF have that mentality and that is part of the reason they're so successful. Who knows when we 'll next be in a cup final?

Merchant1874

Feel down but nothing compared to previous finals when we got beat. Maybe we have become spoilt a bit.

Regarding the game I thought we were ok. Spoke to a couple of saints fans at church on the hill after and they couldn't believe they were at 1-1 at the half. Thought they should of been 3-0 down. If we had taken or chances we'd have won it.

I'm not going to dwell on this too much. Got other things to worry about. We will be back at Hampden before too long.

Franklin Delano Bluth

May has spoiled us. Anybody who says differently is lying. Name a game, other than one where we win the league, that you'd prefer to beating Hibs 5-1 in the Scottish Cup Final.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jam Tarts 1874

Don't agree with any of this. Some of the posters on this thread are beginning to sound like candiates for joining the hobo "we will always have 7-0" brigade.

I don't care how hibs' fans felt in May, it is irrelevant to me. I care about when our next cup final might be.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

5-1 was a long, long time ago now.

Your attitude is the same as the clubs. That is one of the many reasons we are garbage.

stirlingshirejambo

5-1 was a long, long time ago now.

Your attitude is the same as the clubs. That is one of the many reasons we are garbage.

And you sir are a slaver

Tell me what player/coach didn't perform today because they were reminiscing about 5-1

Captain Canada

Today's defeat had nothing to do with Hibs or last May. We can't live off one result forever and we need to quit that hobo-esque mentality. Losing any cup final is gutting and all this diddy cup stuff is a total joke. I had my son at his first cup final today and I was desperate for us to win. See how much it meant to the St.Mirren players and fans- that's what every cup final should mean to us.

Yes it hurts but remember the feeling, as if we can overcome our off the field hurdles (which WILL require Romanov' assistance) and keep focusing on developing young players with a long-term goal of selling for a profit, then the good times will return for our club. Our fan-base is very strong, we are the third biggest club in Scotland. In time we will come-good and win domestic cup competitions, this time on a sound financial footing.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

And you sir are a slaver

Tell me what player/coach didn't perform today because they were reminiscing about 5-1

We thought we had it won after the first goal. Players, fans, support.

To bring up 5-1 after being pumped at Hampden off St Bribery is ******* laughable. Honestly some folk need a shake.

Bang on Tommy

Look, we will get over this result pretty quickly and if I'm honest I felt there was something inevitable about the outcome. Even at 1-0 I did not feel particularly confident.

That said, it is a very frustrating result because it was a great chance to win another trophy - and St Mirren are hardly Barcelona. We should have had enough to beat them.

Its done though and we just have to move on.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The hard fact is we are a bottom six club and we lost to another bottom six club today. In May we were a top six club who beat a bottom six club and it pains me to say it is something we will have to pick our selves up from and still support the boys in maroon.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This

hmfc22 and his mate's furious backpedalling of anything wrong in the team in the post McGlynn era is hilarious, since their argument was remove McGlynn and everything will be fine. Well, that's been shown to be pish but they can't admit it!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I think we need to drop this 5-1 stuff every time we lose now tbh.

Brilliant result and one of the best days of our lives but its in the past now. Thinking about how Hibs fans felt after the cup final doesn't really offer any consolation that we've missed a great chance to win another cup.

gowestjambo

We had an opportunity to win a cup today we had not won for 50 years. What happened in the past has feck all to do with today.

You either have a winning mentality or not - we did not today, and what happened last year is irrelevant.

Archived