gilmerton\ shandon bus

the_jailer

Just had a txt saying gilmerton\shandon bus has been cancellee. Has anyone else heard anything that was booked on this bus

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the exact same message. Been told to meet at the station but doesn't say what one!

Midloth_Iain

Yeah mate. Just had a call saying the same. Any idea who the bus company was ? Major ****** up.

rabthejambo

Aye me too. Train it is then. Never mind, not ideal but it'll be all the sweeter come 5 o'clock

We were booked in to the glasgow indoor bowling club. Just here now it's dead.they dont start serving till 12

rabthejambo

Seen a message on facebook about it mate, hope yous can still all make it!

Jumped on a train. In Glasgow Central bar now getting 'mawkit'! Not big deal really. But I'm only saying that cos I live 5 mins from the train station. Mon the famous :)

scotslass67

Hi

How did everyone get on? That Bill told me it was cancelled at 9.30 and told him we'd get a minibus costing ?200 after we refused to go to station, doubt he'd have been there anyway!! 13 of us were let down. He told me I'd get ?100 through in Glasgow. Txt to ask which bowling club and he's ignored me ever since. He's got until tonight and if no answer I'm going to police tmoro. I suggest everyone who's been done does the same...... furious is not the word!!

Hi

How did everyone get on? That Bill told me it was cancelled at 9.30 and told him we'd get a minibus costing ?200 after we refused to go to station, doubt he'd have been there anyway!! 13 of us were let down. He told me I'd get ?100 through in Glasgow. Txt to ask which bowling club and he's ignored me ever since. He's got until tonight and if no answer I'm going to police tmoro. I suggest everyone who's been done does the same...... furious is not the word!!

Was it Edinburgh coach lines in salamander street?

Im sure it was them.

They left 40 of us stranded at meadowbank stadium last year. Parents and kids going to the midlands for a competition. We phoned up to ask where the bus was and were told that we were not booked and the boss was off so nothing they could do. Basically they fecked up or got a better offer and we got bumped. Never used them since.

scotslass67

I havn't a clue who he booked or if he booked it. There was others waiting at Shandon as well. If he booked it and he was let down why hasn't he answered texts or calls? Just want out money back. :10800:

They left 40 of us stranded at meadowbank stadium last year. Parents and kids going to the midlands for a competition. We phoned up to ask where the bus was and were told that we were not booked and the boss was off so nothing they could do. Basically they fecked up or got a better offer and we got bumped. Never used them since.

They sound like a bunch of cowboy's

So did any off uz pay upfront like us?

From what I've seen on Facebook people paid ?10 up front and the chap who organised it isn't replying to messages. Hopefully everyone gets their money back.

From what I've seen on Facebook people paid ?10 up front and the chap who organised it isn't replying to messages. Hopefully everyone gets their money back.

Was ?15 a head

scotslass67

Yes, we all paid ?15 a head - 13 of us and I forked out another ?180 for minibus. I don't think any of us will get it back. If we found out what company he was supposed to book through we could contact them about refund to us instead of him. I;m n being sone out of ?180 + my 15 and him getting away with it _ no chance !!

My mate phoned the company and they told him the boy had until Saturday to pay and didn't. They claim there was no double booking at all, has anyone been told the same?

letsalllaughathobos

Get his facebook plastered over this and sure folk may know him and he may get a bit extra pressure,

Out of order name and shame

I dont think it was the guy's fault. Im sure it was the bus company's they sound like a bunch of cowboys

scotslass67

He's on my FB, Bill Tully is his name. He stays at top of one of the flast nxt to Hosp at Little France. 'High Five' what company did ur mate phone?

....If we found out what company he was supposed to book through we could contact them about refund to us instead of him.

You have no contract with any coach operator (whether he has booked or paid them, or not) so they will not pay you a single penny. If it were me, I wouldn't even waste time even trying to go down that route.

If you cannot get your money back from him, then I think you're right to contact the police.

Good luck. :thumb:

He's on my FB, Bill Tully is his name. He stays at top of one of the flast nxt to Hosp at Little France. 'High Five' what company did ur mate phone?

Edinburgh Coach Lines - 0131 554 5413

scotslass67

You have no contract with any coach operator (whether he has booked or paid them, or not) so they will not pay you a single penny. If it were me, I wouldn't even waste time even trying to go down that route.

If you cannot get your money back from him, then I think you're right to contact the police.

Good luck. :thumb:

Your prob right Gasman - u on ma FB? Recognise name. lol

Hi, i paid ?60 up front too, been trying to get in touch last night and today no reply either. Did anyone talk or see him at the game?

ooh-aah-cantona

He's due me and my mates 150 pound. I've left him several voicemails and texts but no reply. I actually was on his bus for the scottish cup final last may and that went through okay. He has got until this evening, otherwise I will be going to his door and see if he's hiding there...

letsalllaughathobos

Yas mob rule, lets get loads of kickbackers upto the boys house and start removing goods until balance has been fulfilled,

There's a chance something may have happened to him, hence non-payment and no answering calls.

Sounds a bit shady though.

Midloth_Iain

He's due me and my mates 150 pound. I've left him several voicemails and texts but no reply. I actually was on his bus for the scottish cup final last may and that went through okay. He has got until this evening, otherwise I will be going to his door and see if he's hiding there...

Good that you know where he lives, let us know how you get on. Me and a few mates due ?130 refund. I am hoping there is a sensible explanation but it seems more like he has done something naughty. Interesting to see if he shows face at the local club he frequents over the coming week or so.

I knew it was going to be one of them days when he texted me in the morning :disappointed:

He told me when i went to his house on saturday that one of his mates was going to Thailand on sunday and would miss the game, wonder if he's away too with all our cash???????

ooh-aah-cantona

I'm not saying we're going on a lynch mob, I want all the people that have been let down by him to get their money back. If there's something up with his phone, far enough, but people need to find out what's happened.

Imagine being in the position were you were told an hour and a half before your bus was due to leave that it canceled with no apology or no reason.

ooh-aah-cantona

So how much in total has he managed to get? There seems to be far too many people for this supposed 35 seater he was getting from Edinburgh Coachlines. (Edinburgh Coachlines don't even have a 35 seater bus)

So one of two things has happened here.

Either Mr Tully has taken cash from folk then not paid it to the bus company...

Or the bus company are lying to High Five because they are cowboys and Mr Tully did nothing wrong.

Either way, he needs time to give an explanation and say how he's going to resolve it.

If the bus company have taken Mr Tully for a mug or made an error then he needs time to fight it out with them to get the money back for the people he took money from.

He told us he had 2 buses booked and he had the chance to get a 3rd bus. He told the bowling club that we were booked into that there was 100 of us coming. He never phoned the club to tell them that the buses were cancelled. So they were not to happy either

Called me on Sunday morning and said he would meet everyone in the club and would give everyone their money back.Never seen him.

I paid ?35 on Satarday. [mod edit] .Could be that hes been at work and may call us all later i hope.

scotslass67

Just to make you all aware, I was on phone speaking to a girl from Edinburgh Coach Lines. The said Bill Tully NEVER PAID for any of the 2 coaches originally booked. He paid ?400 upfront and had to pay another ?800. He made excuse's to the company and said he'd go pay the remaining balance once he got all the money off ppl - I'm sure uz all paid a week in advance? They stayed open until 6.30 for him on Saturday to go pay remaining balance and he never showed hence no buses turning up. He lied to all of us. He prob had naffed off to Thailand with all our money. I'm ?180 down plus my ?15. The coach company are furious as they have been ripped off as well. I'd advise everyone to report this theft and deception to police - they will prob need to contact ppl about this anyway. I'm going in morning.

scotslass67

So one of two things has happened here.

Either Mr Tully has taken cash from folk then not paid it to the bus company...

Or the bus company are lying to High Five because they are cowboys and Mr Tully did nothing wrong.

Either way, he needs time to give an explanation and say how he's going to resolve it.

If the bus company have taken Mr Tully for a mug or made an error then he needs time to fight it out with them to get the money back for the people he took money from.

the bumhole didn't pay it, I've just come off phone to them!!

Midloth_Iain

Just to make you all aware, I was on phone speaking to a girl from Edinburgh Coach Lines. The said Bill Tully NEVER PAID for any of the 2 coaches originally booked. He paid ?400 upfront and had to pay another ?800. He made excuse's to the company and said he'd go pay the remaining balance once he got all the money off ppl - I'm sure uz all paid a week in advance? They stayed open until 6.30 for him on Saturday to go pay remaining balance and he never showed hence no buses turning up. He lied to all of us. He prob had naffed off to Thailand with all our money. I'm ?180 down plus my ?15. The coach company are furious as they have been ripped off as well. I'd advise everyone to report this theft and deception to police - they will prob need to contact ppl about this anyway. I'm going in morning.

Thanks ScotsLass.

I know quite a few people who know him (I have only spoken to him a few times myself). Will sound them out, see if we can get any more info.

letsalllaughathobos

Scumbag of a human by the sounds of it,

Really hope there is a valid explination and you all get your cash back,

letsalllaughathobos

Why would he give us his home address if he was going to bump us

Have you checked this is his home address?

Archived