listening to football almost impossible now

Hasselhoff

Thanks to the BBC and their cuts, I can't find a way to listen to the game conveniently

810mw, mobile doesn't have mw, even my car doesn't play mw properly

Radio Scotland fm 94.3 is heuchter tuechter music as is radio Scotland gaelic 104.1

Can't use the website to listen on my Android phone- media failed.same page won't work on iPad as it doesn't support flash.tunein radio plays the fm channels.

The only way I can see to listen to Sportsound is to go to channel 0116 on sky but it means I can't sit outside in the sun to listen to the game, guess the other option is to get my laptop out

BBC have cut this back way too much, they are part of the reason Scottish football is dying,all because their beloved old firm are separated

This was my response when I complained about the lack of live radio games as I can't always make the games with the boy:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The BBC Scotland contract with the Scottish Premier League has changed this season and so we do not commentate on all games.

Our contract has changed because we, like most publicly funded organisations, have budget cuts to implement. For football, this means that we have reduced the amount of money we pay to the SPL and now cover fewer live commentaries. We have made additional production savings as we do not send commentators and summarisers to all matches.

Although you do not appear to enjoy Open all Mikes, our audience research suggests that the format is well received and covers the whole of Scottish football in an entertaining and informative way and provides reporters at all SPL matches ensuring we are first with every incident"

What's a decent mobile that would work? I have an HTC Sensation which is not a bad phone. Its the lack of others listening options other than MW that's the issue.

I thought it was just me being stupid but the BBC website is putting me round in circles when I click on the Sportsound "listen live", can get FM but not MW. Saw this thread - it's totally shocking. Any link for the match would be appreciated.

This was my response when I complained about the lack of live radio games as I can't always make the games with the boy:

The BBC Scotland contract with the Scottish Premier League has changed this season and so we do not commentate on all games.

Our contract has changed because we, like most publicly funded organisations, have budget cuts to implement. For football, this means that we have reduced the amount of money we pay to the SPL and now cover fewer live commentaries. We have made additional production savings as we do not send commentators and summarisers to all matches.

Although you do not appear to enjoy Open all Mikes, our audience research suggests that the format is well received and covers the whole of Scottish football in an entertaining and informative way and provides reporters at all SPL matches ensuring we are first with every incident"

Firstly, don't believe the highlighted bit for a moment - open all mics is absolute guff. How they can't have a producer to switch to other games for updates, like 5live does, rather than having a bunch of idiots shouting over each other, I don't know.

Secondly - how can they afford to send staff, equipment etc. to the games so that they can "cover" them on open all mics, but can't broadcast commentaries online? Without being any sort of expert, I would have assumed that the costs associated with the former would dwarf those associated with the latter :ermm:

Thanks to the BBC and their cuts, I can't find a way to listen to the game conveniently

Radio Scotland fm 94.3 is heuchter tuechter music as is radio Scotland gaelic 104.1

Can't use the website to listen on my Android phone- media failed.same page won't work on iPad as it doesn't support flash.tunein radio plays the fm channels.

The only way I can see to listen to Sportsound is to go to channel 0116 on sky but it means I can't sit outside in the sun to listen to the game, guess the other option is to get my laptop out

BBC have cut this back way too much, they are part of the reason Scottish football is dying,all because their beloved old firm are separated

both dolphin and firefox for android have flash built in, are free and can be picked up from the play store. you can use them to listen to the web feed (and watch videos)

First world problems

:lol: My thoughts precisely.

So despite all the moaning, there is full live radio coverage of the match that you can access via the old fashioned method and Internet (even when you're abroad, using Expat Shield, as I'm doing right now). Some folk wouldn't be happy if Radio Scotland inserted free nano receivers in their ears...

It's difficult to listen to football nowadays because bbc scotland have summarisers who can barely speak ******* english! What an embarrassment it is trying to listen to this 'punditry'. Barely decipherable, and only tactical acumen seems to be 'lump it into the box'.

Also - how long has ZALIUKAS played in this country.. PRONOUNCE HIS ******* NAME CORRECTLY

I complained to the BBC about them referring to The Rangers as Rangers - had to point out that Rangers don't exist so they should refer to them by their correct name.

Never did get a reply down.gif

Got the same response!

The highlighted bit is a blatant lie!

Asked them how much they spent in Scotland compared to England. Surprise, surprise! No answer!

Oh, and by the way, their crappy text isn't even working!

Got the same response!

The highlighted bit is a blatant lie!

Asked them how much they spent in Scotland compared to England. Surprise, surprise! No answer!

Oh, and by the way, their crappy text isn't even working!

How do you know that, Colin?

So despite all the moaning, there is full live radio coverage of the match that you can access via the old fashioned method and Internet (even when you're abroad, using Expat Shield, as I'm doing right now). Some folk wouldn't be happy if Radio Scotland inserted free nano receivers in their ears...

It wasn't you that did their audience research on open all mics, was it, Chic?

I thought it was just me being stupid but the BBC website is putting me round in circles when I click on the Sportsound "listen live", can get FM but not MW. Saw this thread - it's totally shocking. Any link for the match would be appreciated.

I had the same problem on Thursday night

It wasn't you that did their audience research on open all mics, was it, Chic?

I generally like your posts a lot, Colin, but your obsession with 'Open all mics', a harmless piece of radio fluff, is a wee bit odd.

I generally like your posts a lot, Colin, but your obsession with 'Open all mics', a harmless piece of radio fluff, is a wee bit odd.

My "obsession" is because it's utter crap!

My daughter suffers from progressive MS and she really enjoyed listening to the commentary on the Hearts games on the radio at home. For that bunch of useless no-marks to try and say open all mics is "popular" is a blatant lie.

Oh, and by the way, although the Well game is being covered on their text updates, try the Hearts Beeb website. Isn't even covered on text.

The whole caboodle is a shambles.

Maybe you can tell me how much per capita the Beeb in Scotland spend covering football compared to England, because they don't want to tell me!

Wonder why?

Didn't solve my problem - you need a laptop or Sky to listen to the game. Last season, I could listen to commentaries on my Android phone, this season it's not working. Tried it in the default browser and then using Chrome. I have flash installed, one of the reasons I opted for an Android phone so the web would continue to work on my phone. BBC should be making their FM and MW channels available online, not just the FM.

BBC have reshuffled their budget so the money is spent sending people up to Elgin to do live commentary of Rangers games instead of sticking to the top league. Everyone thought Sky and ESPN would screw the SPL over without Rangers in the league, but it ends up being the supposedly neutral BBC that end up being the least supportive.

My "obsession" is because it's utter crap!

My daughter suffers from progressive MS and she really enjoyed listening to the commentary on the Hearts games on the radio at home. For that bunch of useless no-marks to try and say open all mics is "popular" is a blatant lie.

Oh, and by the way, although the Well game is being covered on their text updates, try the Hearts Beeb website. Isn't even covered on text.

The whole caboodle is a shambles.

Maybe you can tell me how much per capita the Beeb in Scotland spend covering football compared to England, because they don't want to tell me!

Wonder why?

I actually don't disagree with any of that. Maybe it's just a question of expectations. For as long as I can remember, going back to the days of when Derek Rae had Richard Gordon's role (I'm 35), the BBC have cobbled Scottish football programmes together, struggled with incomplete rights to competitions, failed to provide a consistent, worthwhile service and been unwilling to properly stick their hands in their pockets to support the Scottish game in the same way they do in England. Against that backdrop, I actually view something like Open all mics as a wee bonus (as crap as it might be) rather than an inconvenience.

while making sure they cover all rangers and smeltic games!!!!

How do you know that, Colin?

Open all mics well received by the majority of fans?

You're havin' a laugh!!!

Mind you, if they show me the results and source of this sample survey and it shows that, say 80% of fans voted in favour of it, I would still say that it was "cooked".

Going by the Glasgow Beeb's usual "investment", they probably asked 6 people inside their offices.

Didn't solve my problem - you need a laptop or Sky to listen to the game. Last season, I could listen to commentaries on my Android phone, this season it's not working. Tried it in the default browser and then using Chrome. I have flash installed, one of the reasons I opted for an Android phone so the web would continue to work on my phone. BBC should be making their FM and MW channels available online, not just the FM.

BBC have reshuffled their budget so the money is spent sending people up to Elgin to do live commentary of Rangers games instead of sticking to the top league. Everyone thought Sky and ESPN would screw the SPL over without Rangers in the league, but it ends up being the supposedly neutral BBC that end up being the least supportive.

dolphin browser for android is the answer to your problem.

Archived