St Mirren and Craig Whyte

ritchies75

Radio Scotland saying St Mirren have rejected a takeover bid from a group linked to Craig Whyte's lawyers.

Radio Scotland saying St Mirren have rejected a takeover bid from a group linked to Craig Whyte's lawyers.

I expect a statement saying how St Mirren will not be making a comment.

Chick Young will be 'furious'.

Prob trying to close them down, rename them Rangers and stay in the SPL.

Prob trying to close them down, rename them Rangers and stay in the SPL.

Sounds like it. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to happen!

It would be vaguely ironic for St Liedown to be closed down by Rangers :whistling:

It prefer it if it was us tbh.

Wee Chico is probably thrashing himself stupid just thinking about it.

Imeantasong

It prefer it if it was us tbh.

Wee Chico is probably thrashing himself stupid just thinking about it.

I trust you mean us buying them.

Somebody mentioned a week or two ago on another thread about Rangers possibly buying us.

As our debt was almost as much as their tax bill and Tynie land not valued highly, it was poo pooed.

But St Mirren, however, would make more sense. Far cheaper.

If it's real St Mirren fans who own their shares (can't remember who bought last time), they'd be sure to smell something fishy and reject. Wouldn't they?

Warning : it was chick young who came out with it. I'm almost certain there's someone in the game feeding chick bull shite and sitting back watching chick spout pish on the radio.

He's got it so tragically wrong recently it's comical.

Warning : it was chick young who came out with it. I'm almost certain there's someone in the game feeding chick bull shite and sitting back watching chick spout pish on the radio.

They had an interview with St Mirren Chairman who said they were contacted by a consortium in January that included the Company Secretary of Rangers who is a lawyer with the firm that held the Ticketus money for Craig Whyte. They have rejected this bid.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hope they both fold... No idea how such a scenario might come about but it would amuse me massively.

Francis Albert

Recntly? I obviously missed some part of Chick's "career"!

They had an interview with St Mirren Chairman who said they were contacted by a consortium in January that included the Company Secretary of Rangers who is a lawyer with the firm that held the Ticketus money for Craig Whyte. They have rejected this bid.

Ah, take that back... The bit about chick saying it. Listening overseas and they cut you off before sportsound actually starts. Just heard chick say it.

On the subject. Anyone know now to listen to open all mikes on thenipad overseas?

...a bit disco

"St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour tells BBC Radio Scotland that he does not want to sell to businessman Ken McGeoch and

that he turned down an approach from him in January because it was made through Rangers company secretary Gary Withey."

From BBC Scotland.

Rick Grimes

Quite a big story actually - shows what those behind the scenes think is the likely outcome for Ra Peepul.

:)

Hagar the Horrible

This is a massive story and it should be a warning of all clubs with a suprise buyer right now, and especially us

St Mirren had a luck escape, despite our natual hatred for them it would be wrong. but this shows how desperate Rangerfs are

Imeantasong

This is a massive story and it should be a warning of all clubs with a suprise buyer right now, and especially us

St Mirren had a luck escape, despite our natual hatred for them it would be wrong. but this shows how desperate Rangerfs are

Keep yer eye on that Hibby who's bid for Rangers.

Remember they still hate Wallace Mercer.

jamboinglasgow

I agree, as much as I not a great fan of St Mirren, it would disgraceful if they were bought over and used by Rangers to secure an SPL place. Had a quick read about Clydebank and Airdrie United and that was a shameful (a club with such history as Clydebank wiped out because another club couldn't control its finances) but Clydebank were taken apart due to being in terrible financial problems and the alternative was an attempt to move the team to Dublin. St Mirren are a club with very healthy finances, who while not a top six club, are showing that they are now a comfortable SPL club.

Imagine if Rangers (or at least figures involved with Rangers) bought up Hearts then suddenly announced the club is now called Rangers 2012, will play in blue and will now play Ibrox. Wiping out all that is left of Heart of Midlothian (except probably a fan started team that now plays in the East of Scotland league.) All SPL (and SFL) chairmen need to be wary of bids to buy the team, as the old phrase goes beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

i think we're safe enough. vlad's pride would never allow him to take part in rangers wiping hearts from the face of the earth.

if it happened to st.mirren i wouldn't bother my arse one iota. it's a pishy wee non-entity anyway.

Imeantasong

I agree, as much as I not a great fan of St Mirren, it would disgraceful if they were bought over and used by Rangers to secure an SPL place. Had a quick read about Clydebank and Airdrie United and that was a shameful (a club with such history as Clydebank wiped out because another club couldn't control its finances) but Clydebank were taken apart due to being in terrible financial problems and the alternative was an attempt to move the team to Dublin. St Mirren are a club with very healthy finances, who while not a top six club, are showing that they are now a comfortable SPL club.

Imagine if Rangers (or at least figures involved with Rangers) bought up Hearts then suddenly announced the club is now called Rangers 2012, will play in blue and will now play Ibrox. Wiping out all that is left of Heart of Midlothian (except probably a fan started team that now plays in the East of Scotland league.) All SPL (and SFL) chairmen need to be wary of bids to buy the team, as the old phrase goes beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Yep.

As far as we're concerned, our debt is high but still less than their potential tax bill, and Tynie land would realise some funds if sold.

Not particularly something I'm really worried about just now.

I'd be more worried about something like SDM doing a land deal for a new HMFC stadium in return for a vote back into the SPL.

Edit - Hadn't Clydebank done / tried something similar with East Stirling?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

He seems more of a rugger bugger.

Imeantasong

Hee hee, remarkable foresight eh?

As posted on the Rangers Admin site in response to Rangers maybe buying Queens Park.

Imeantasong, on 07 March 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Oldest club, very particular history, amateur status. Do they have sharehlders as such? Not got time to check their make up.

Don't think so.

Could do a deal renting the stadium though.

Neighbours St Mirren maybe (that would please some Hearts fans). Aren't they up for sale again?

B)

Ironic really, given that not one person actually employed by Hibernian has since managed to mobilise their support like Wallace did.

I trust you mean us buying them.

Somebody mentioned a week or two ago on another thread about Rangers possibly buying us.

As our debt was almost as much as their tax bill and Tynie land not valued highly, it was poo pooed.

But St Mirren, however, would make more sense. Far cheaper.

If it's real St Mirren fans who own their shares (can't remember who bought last time), they'd be sure to smell something fishy and reject. Wouldn't they?

Would they be called St Rangers :teehee:

Ironic really, given that not one person actually employed by Hibernian has since managed to mobilise their support like Wallace did.

Mr Mercer saved hibernian and their pathetic, worthless existence.

You'd think they'd show reverence for this, but ########## is as ########## does.....

Hope they both fold... No idea how such a scenario might come about but it would amuse me massively.

Rangers buy St Mittens for a pound. St Mittens however forget to tell Rangers they ain't paid any tax since 1963.

...a bit disco

Rangers buy St Mittens for a pound. St Mittens however forget to tell Rangers they ain't paid any tax since 1963.

Not forgetting the 'brown envelopes' in '86 which went undeclared.*

*allegedly! :whistling:

i wish jj was my dad

I absolutely despise St Mirren but if Chic is onto something here this would eclipse any stunt the Uglies have ever pulled.

Fortunately, I am confident that Chic just had a wet dream last night about how his beloved might survive and thought he would reveal it as an exclusive story.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This nonsense about buying us is getting on my nerves. Did we not KB a bid from Pat Munroe for 30 million or something? Hearts are like the worst possible club to consider buying if you just want to use their SPL spot, we have huge debts and an owner who will not sell for under fifty mill.. hardly the cheap option are we?

Archived