The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Totally skint - but spending ?200k on having the EGM in London!   This just gets better!  :toff:

Hagar the Horrible

I'm not convinced King will fail the FPP test as there isn't really a test just a set of 'hot spots' to be carefully considered.

However if RIFC lawyers are to be believed, the SFA should fail him.

Puts the SFA in an awkward position.

And neither King nor Murray, nor the SFA should have been surprised by the content of the notice today.

But now that it has been requested formally, the SFA must come out and say if King and Murray are successful the club WILL face sanctions? the rules are clear both of those were involved in killing off the old Rangers and it was less that 5 years ago, anything else other than a fail just on that point then the SFA are corrupt, and King fall foul of AIMS which would be impossible for the SFA to perform their "Nothing to see here" approach

The Fluorescent Zebra

BBC Sport learns the man who launched Premier League Cricket in India, Lalit Modi, has expressed interest in buying into #Rangers.

Indian businessman Lalit Modi has held talks with Sandy Easdale over potential purchase of major shareholding in @RangersFC #BBCSPORTSCOT

Might get them into the Indian Super League.

Looks like he'll fit in perfectly at Rangers - alledgedly corrupt, banned, etc, etc....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalit_Modi#IPL_controversy

Sent an email off to the SFA asking why the silence when they were quick enough to pounce on us, are sevco immune to rules, your silence deafening etc. Won't do much good and I am probably 10'000th in line

Edited by Turkishcap

BBC Sport learns the man who launched Premier League Cricket in India, Lalit Modi, has expressed interest in buying into #Rangers.

Indian businessman Lalit Modi has held talks with Sandy Easdale over potential purchase of major shareholding in @RangersFC #BBCSPORTSCOT

Where do they keep finding these fit and proper people?

(from wikipedia - source below) On March 1, 1985, while a sophomore, Modi was arrested on charges of conspiracy to traffic cocaine, assault and second-degree kidnapping. On April 2, 1985, Modi and another student were indicted.[13] Modi pleaded guilty to the crime when the case was heard in the Durham County court, North Carolina and later entered a plea bargain, which resulted in a suspended two-year prison sentence.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/drug-rap-returns-to-haunt-ipl-boss-modi/article1-313632.aspx

Footballfirst

Dave King has given his response to today's Rangers board statement confirming his EGM will be held in London on March 4 to PA.

King said: "I dealt with the Nomad on Wed. I stated that Paul Shackleton?s historic role in governance failure rendered the Nomad unfit...

to continue- hence they will not need to resign, they will be replaced. Hence nothing new there. I think choosing London is to ensure...

that fans can?t attend. They are running scared!"

.@RangersFirst director Ricki Neill has also given a statement to PA. He said: "The board of Rangers FC and the nomad WH Ireland appear...

to have set this up to make voting as awkward as possible especially for the small shareholders, many of who are Rangers fans. RF are...

pleased to announce that we will have a number of drop-in centres available for people who need help in completing voting forms or if...

they would like to proxy their shares to RF. We will be delighted to help any shareholders be they RF members or not as it is important...

that as many votes are cast in this process as possible, you can also email [email protected] for info. Drop-in centres will be...

available in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirlingshire and North West England with other venues to be announced. If any member is struggling to...

attend then we will do our best to arrange a home visit. This is a critical vote for the future of our club and we encourage everyone to...

find a way to exercise their vote."

Hagar the Horrible

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug 4m4 minutes ago

BBCBMcLauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin 47s48 seconds ago

At least he knows the words to Guard old Delhi's walls

Dave King has given his response to today's Rangers board statement confirming his EGM will be held in London on March 4 to PA.

King said: "I dealt with the Nomad on Wed. I stated that Paul Shackleton?s historic role in governance failure rendered the Nomad unfit...

to continue- hence they will not need to resign, they will be replaced. Hence nothing new there. I think choosing London is to ensure...

that fans can?t attend. They are running scared!"

.@RangersFirst director Ricki Neill has also given a statement to PA. He said: "The board of Rangers FC and the nomad WH Ireland appear...

to have set this up to make voting as awkward as possible especially for the small shareholders, many of who are Rangers fans. RF are...

pleased to announce that we will have a number of drop-in centres available for people who need help in completing voting forms or if...

they would like to proxy their shares to RF. We will be delighted to help any shareholders be they RF members or not as it is important...

that as many votes are cast in this process as possible, you can also email [email protected] for info. Drop-in centres will be...

available in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirlingshire and North West England with other venues to be announced. If any member is struggling to...

attend then we will do our best to arrange a home visit. This is a critical vote for the future of our club and we encourage everyone to...

find a way to exercise their vote."

For some strange reason I was reminded of the "just think of your secretary..." scene from Blazing Saddles : Blazing-Saddles-Politicians.jpg

Thanks. I understood your point, and agree with you. I was just also curious if you felt a certain demographic of shareholders are more likely to use proxy votes, than others, which you kindly answered.

Proxy, postal deadline is 10am Monday 2nd, before the SFA hearing on Ashley

Sent an email off to the SFA asking why the silence when they were quick enough to pounce on us, are sevco immune to rules, your silence deafening etc. Won't do much good and I am probably 10'000th in line

If you get a response from Daryll Broadfoot, could you post it on here please.

Just for a laugh.

You are as likely to get a 'GTF' than a detailed response that would bore you after paragraph 20.

(As a PS, I have never written to or emailed the SFA, apart from ticket requests)

Please, let's not start getting into all that letter writing nonsense, it's so wee team

Sniff, sniff.

Hobo.

etc etc.

:smiley2:

Please, let's not start getting into all that letter writing nonsense, it's so wee team

Whilst I agree with your sentiments somebody has to ask question(s) of the SFA as to date the MSM have been less than inquisitive when it comes to King and Co.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Had to laugh when I read that this Modi character has been banned for life by the Indian Cricket Control board for misconduct due to financial irregularities!

Looks like every crook the world over has heard there's rich pickings at Ibrox!

Correct, lets make it a kitchen sink.

At least he knows the words to Guard old Delhi's walls

As much as I want to laugh, I fear I would be condoning sectarianism. :sad:

This is coming to ahead nicely and just in time for the tail end of the season.

This is the endgame for King perhaps admin is what he really requires to get Rangers.

Edited by Rents

Now they will al start singing  "We'll guard those Dehli walls.

"No, no poppadums, no chipattis stood sad in my eyes, no nans and no  ........................."

Edited by Jimmy Cunningham

"This is money which Rangers could far better spend on players."

I actually had to double and triple-check that was actually part of the statement. :rofl:

Had to laugh when I read that this Modi character has been banned for life by the Indian Cricket Control board for misconduct due to financial irregularities!

Looks like every crook the world over has heard there's rich pickings at Ibrox!

The Venkeys at Blackburn this guy is of the same stock Sevco are a total joke every day now something new happens they just keep on giving.

Hagar the Horrible

I love this line

The aim of the Board has always been to achieve ?nancial stability in order to allow for investment into the playing squad to return the club to the summit of Scottish football and to return to European competition. The loan facility granted by SportsDirect.com Retail Limited (the "SD Facility") which has been entered into by The Rangers Football Club Limited ("the Football Company") is, in the judgement of the Directors, the ?rst step to achieving this.

You mean the ?5m already spent keeping lights on for 1 month? It will cost an extra ?12m just to break even and maintain the current squad? so how much will need to be invested to qualify for Europe? Plus Ibrox needs ?milions spent to repair it, maintaining an illusion is easy when the audience is blind.

I love this line

The aim of the Board has always been to achieve ?nancial stability in order to allow for investment into the playing squad to return the club to the summit of Scottish football and to return to European competition. The loan facility granted by SportsDirect.com Retail Limited (the "SD Facility") which has been entered into by The Rangers Football Club Limited ("the Football Company") is, in the judgement of the Directors, the ?rst step to achieving this.

You mean the ?5m already spent keeping lights on for 1 month? It will cost an extra ?12m just to break even and maintain the current squad? so how much will need to be invested to qualify for Europe? Plus Ibrox needs ?milions spent to repair it, maintaining an illusion is easy when the audience is blind.

Dont forget 3 million is to be paid back to MA Next month  :uhoh2:

Short shrift!!? In fact it's a disgraceful response from Broadfoot. No Dear Mr Dannie, and worse no signature at the end of his response. Total disrespect to me.

I'll leave the JKB English experts to trash his response, I have an excuse for my lack of English he as a journalist has none.

There is no response: the scottish fa only becomes involved when a possible change of directorship on Official Return is submitted by a club. Hope this helps

Dear Mr Broadfoot, I would be grateful if you could publish the SFA response to the claims made in the recent announcement by the Rangers International Company re Messers King and Murray and the suitability of these two to be board members.

One being these claims below

"Mr King has subsequently been identi?ed in the media as the person identi?ed as "Mr N" in that case. Those comments include these statements:

"...he deliberately misrepresented the facts of the case..."

"he has no respect for the truth and does not hesitate to lie... if he thinks it will be to his advantage"

"there can be little doubt that on most occasions [he] lied..."

"we ...are unanimous in ?nding that he is a mendacious1 witness whose evidence should not be accepted"

"in our assessment he is a glib and shameless liar"

1 "given to or characterized by deception or falsehood or divergence from absolute truth" (De?nition from www.merriam-webster.com)

The Directors set out in further detail in this announcement why the Board considers that the Requisitioned Resolutions are NOT in the best interests of the Company or its Shareholders."

The other a reference to "fit and proper person"

"The Board recognises that suitable additional directors are needed for the Company. It is however important that the background and skills of each board member is complementary. A board of three persons, particularly if such a board were without executive directors, would not in the opinion of the current directors, or the NOMAD, be suitable for a listed company and would need to be enhanced.

The Board has speci?c concerns about the proposed appointment of Mr King and Mr Murray.

Mr King was convicted in South Africa on 41 counts of contravening s.75 of the South African Income Tax Act. Mr King was previously a director of the company that formerly ran Rangers Football Club, The Rangers Football Club PLC. He held o?ce at the same time as Craig Whyte from 2011 until that company entered administration on 14 February 2012.

Noting the above and WH Ireland's obligations as a NOMAD,WH Ireland have informed the Board that should Mr King be appointed to the Board, WH Ireland will resign as NOMAD and Broker to the Company with immediate e?ect.

In the event that the NOMAD resigns, the Company's shares will be suspended from trading immediately. Under the AIM Rules, the Company will then have one month to replace the NOMAD. The Board is of the view that in the circumstances, there can be no guarantee that a new NOMAD will be appointed.

In the event that a NOMAD is not appointed within a month of the suspension of trading, the Company's admission to trading will be cancelled. Accordingly, if this were to occur, the Company would no longer be traded on any Stock Exchange. In the judgement of the Board this is likely to make raising capital both more di?cult and more expensive. There would then be no regulatory oversight of the type to which companies admitted to AIM are subject, and there would be no market for Shareholders to sell their shares.

The Board has also had legal advice that the "?t and proper" person requirement of article 10 of the Scottish Football Association's articles of association would be likely to preclude both Paul Murray and David King from becoming a director of The Rangers Football Club Ltd (were they to seek to be elected to the board of that company). This is because the company which previously ran Rangers Football Club went into administration within the last ?ve years and Mr King and Mr Murray were each a director of that company in that ?ve year period.

In addition to Mr King's convictions in South Africa and the legal advice which the Board has received about the Scottish Football Association's "?t and proper" person requirement, the Board has a further concern about Mr King which is that his appointment would be in breach of section 216 of the Insolvency Act 1986.

Subject to certain limited exceptions, s.216 requires a person to obtain the leave of the Court before becoming a director of a company if, in the preceding ?ve years, that person was a director of a company which went into liquidation whilst they were a director (or within one year of their ceasing to be a director) and the name of the new company of which they wish to be a director is the same as, or similar to, the name of the company which went into liquidation.

This section applies to Mr King given he was, at the relevant time, a director of the company which previously owned the Rangers Football Club. This means that if he were to become a director of the Company without such leave then, unless he fell within one of the limited exceptions, he would be committing a criminal o?ence, punishable by imprisonment or a ?ne or both.

The Board is not aware that Mr King either has such leave or comes within any of the other limited exceptions to s.216.

The Directors are not aware of any similar reason which might preclude the appointment of Mr John Gilligan. However the priority for the Board is to appoint independent directors with capital markets experience and, so far as they know, Mr Gilligan does not possess that experience. The Directors do not rule out the appointment of Mr Gilligan in the future.

The Directors recommend that Shareholders vote AGAINST Resolutions 5-7."

To end this soap opera and the disgrace and disrespect it's bringing to what is Scottish Football it would be prudent for a clarification statement from the SFA. This statement would end in my opinion any notion that King and Murray have of once again being involved on a board associated with The Rangers.

Kind regards,

Dannie

Edited by Dannie Boy

picture of this guy here  http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/02/sandy-easdale-to-sell-his-shares.html?  looks like the Driscol brother is bailing out before he is kicked out.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

What does everyone reckon - ?30m one-off cost to get Rangers on an even keel, back in the SPL and at about an Aberdeen level of competitiveness. And another ?30m one-off cost to get a team together capable of getting close to Celtic? Plus ?20-30m or so a year running costs. So maybe ?100m+ needs to be spent in a couple of years with no guarantee of Europe or challenging Celtic - who will of course respond by upping their spending until we're back exactly where we started!

Hagar the Horrible

This part is also interesting:

Subject to certain limited exceptions, s.216 requires a person to obtain the leave of the Court before becoming a director of a company if, in the preceding ?ve years, that person was a director of a company which went into liquidation whilst they were a director (or within one year of their ceasing to be a director) and the name of the new company of which they wish to be a director is the same as, or similar to, the name of the company which went into liquidation.

The tax man might now deem Rangers as a phoenix company if PM and DK are directors and go after the unpaid tax, still it would be worth it being able to keep their tainted titles shureley shir

Short shrift!!? In fact it's a disgraceful response from Broadfoot. No Dear Mr Dannie, and worse no signature at the end of his response. Total disrespect to me.

I'll leave the JKB English experts to trash his response, I have an excuse for my lack of English he as a journalist has none.

There is no response: the scottish fa only becomes involved when a possible change of directorship on Official Return is submitted by a club. Hope this helps

Dear Mr Broadfoot, I would be grateful if you could publish the SFA response to the claims made in the recent announcement by the Rangers International Company re Messers King and Murray and the suitability of these two to be board members.

One being these claims below

"Mr King has subsequently been identi?ed in the media as the person identi?ed as "Mr N" in that case. Those comments include these statements:

"...he deliberately misrepresented the facts of the case..."

"he has no respect for the truth and does not hesitate to lie... if he thinks it will be to his advantage"

"there can be little doubt that on most occasions [he] lied..."

"we ...are unanimous in ?nding that he is a mendacious1 witness whose evidence should not be accepted"

"in our assessment he is a glib and shameless liar"

1 "given to or characterized by deception or falsehood or divergence from absolute truth" (De?nition from www.merriam-webster.com)

The Directors set out in further detail in this announcement why the Board considers that the Requisitioned Resolutions are NOT in the best interests of the Company or its Shareholders."

The other a reference to "fit and proper person"

"The Board recognises that suitable additional directors are needed for the Company. It is however important that the background and skills of each board member is complementary. A board of three persons, particularly if such a board were without executive directors, would not in the opinion of the current directors, or the NOMAD, be suitable for a listed company and would need to be enhanced.

The Board has speci?c concerns about the proposed appointment of Mr King and Mr Murray.

Mr King was convicted in South Africa on 41 counts of contravening s.75 of the South African Income Tax Act. Mr King was previously a director of the company that formerly ran Rangers Football Club, The Rangers Football Club PLC. He held o?ce at the same time as Craig Whyte from 2011 until that company entered administration on 14 February 2012.

Noting the above and WH Ireland's obligations as a NOMAD,WH Ireland have informed the Board that should Mr King be appointed to the Board, WH Ireland will resign as NOMAD and Broker to the Company with immediate e?ect.

In the event that the NOMAD resigns, the Company's shares will be suspended from trading immediately. Under the AIM Rules, the Company will then have one month to replace the NOMAD. The Board is of the view that in the circumstances, there can be no guarantee that a new NOMAD will be appointed.

In the event that a NOMAD is not appointed within a month of the suspension of trading, the Company's admission to trading will be cancelled. Accordingly, if this were to occur, the Company would no longer be traded on any Stock Exchange. In the judgement of the Board this is likely to make raising capital both more di?cult and more expensive. There would then be no regulatory oversight of the type to which companies admitted to AIM are subject, and there would be no market for Shareholders to sell their shares.

The Board has also had legal advice that the "?t and proper" person requirement of article 10 of the Scottish Football Association's articles of association would be likely to preclude both Paul Murray and David King from becoming a director of The Rangers Football Club Ltd (were they to seek to be elected to the board of that company). This is because the company which previously ran Rangers Football Club went into administration within the last ?ve years and Mr King and Mr Murray were each a director of that company in that ?ve year period.

In addition to Mr King's convictions in South Africa and the legal advice which the Board has received about the Scottish Football Association's "?t and proper" person requirement, the Board has a further concern about Mr King which is that his appointment would be in breach of section 216 of the Insolvency Act 1986.

This section applies to Mr King given he was, at the relevant time, a director of the company which previously owned the Rangers Football Club. This means that if he were to become a director of the Company without such leave then, unless he fell within one of the limited exceptions, he would be committing a criminal o?ence, punishable by imprisonment or a ?ne or both.

The Board is not aware that Mr King either has such leave or comes within any of the other limited exceptions to s.216.

The Directors are not aware of any similar reason which might preclude the appointment of Mr John Gilligan. However the priority for the Board is to appoint independent directors with capital markets experience and, so far as they know, Mr Gilligan does not possess that experience. The Directors do not rule out the appointment of Mr Gilligan in the future.

The Directors recommend that Shareholders vote AGAINST Resolutions 5-7."

To end this soap opera and the disgrace and disrespect it's bringing to what is Scottish Football it would be prudent for a clarification statement from the SFA. This statement would end in my opinion any notion that King and Murray have of once again being involved on a board associated with The Rangers.

Kind regards,

Dannie

Proposed response,

I get it.  The SFA are reactionary after the fact once it's too late.

And then have to make it up they go along.

Writing emails to the SFA is very Hibs.

Couldn't agree more, but I like others are sick of being crapped on and lorded over. The responce I got was contemptuous and indicative of what they think of the also rans in Scottish football.

Couldn't agree more, but I like others are sick of being crapped on and lorded over. The responce I got was contemptuous and indicative of what they think of the also rans in Scottish football.

This makes us look like whining pussies, and it isn't being done in my name.

Does anyone think celtic fans aren't all over this and that we really need to wade in to save the day?

Carry on if you want but be aware of how pathetic dotnet look with this type of thing and that you might not get unanimous support

He's a grumpy unhelpful bassa on Twitter too ... feeling some pressure maybe?

This makes us look like whining *******, and it isn't being done in my name.

Does anyone think celtic fans aren't all over this and that we really need to wade in to save the day?

Carry on if you want but be aware of how pathetic dotnet look with this type of thing and that you might not get unanimous support

Fair enough it's not something I do normally and certainly will not become obsessive because of it. However it's was the fans of other teams back in 2012 that stopped Rangers from being granted Premiership football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig Anderson ?@CraigyAnderson 20m20 minutes ago

@Record_Sport ?Rangers fans plan 'biggest mobilisation since Manchester' to confront board at London EGM" >> What could possibly go wrong?

What a load of shite. They'll take less to London than they did away to Cowdenbeath IMO.

@Record_Sport ?Rangers fans plan 'biggest mobilisation since Manchester' to confront board at London EGM" >> What could possibly go wrong?

Another demonstration more bed sheets with painted slogans

See if a tweet includes the five letters s e v c and o, in that order, an automatic tweet back from @sevcobot says e.g. :

Sevco Bot ?@Sevcobot 50m50 minutes ago

Still using Sevco StevieBhoy8: Why is the sevco EGM in London and not Newcastle? http://bit.ly/1DI5PEe  #Rangers #sevcobot

(Original tweet was "Steven Fulton @StevieBhoy8   Why is the sevco EGM in London and not Newcastle?")

So ... if someone set up a #youreafanny bot to send that back to #sevcobot - would that bounce back and forwards and eventually break Twitter ?

(It's a lot easier to conceptualise than write down ...)   

chuck berrys hairline

Who's ready for kickback bingo?

My chosen quote is "it was Chelsea fans"

Fair enough it's not something I do normally and certainly will not become obsessive because of it. However it's was the fans of other teams back in 2012 that stopped Rangers from being granted Premiership football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rangers not being allowed into the SPL was not achieved by fans emailing the SFA.

Rangers not being allowed into the SPL was not achieved by fans emailing the SFA.

But it was by fan power badgering their clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Maple Leaf locked this topic