scottish cup game

thehibsaregay

portobellojambo1

While i agree that it is good for the club from a financial point of view (i.e. there will be some additional income from Sky, but hopefully it doesn't overly affect the attendance), I was surprised it was HMFC's game they moved.

I believe Scotland are playing at Murrayfield on the Saturday and I thought it would have made more sense to play our game on the Saturday with an earlier KO. If L & B pay higher OT rates on a Sunday they would need less officers for a game at Easter Road I'd have thought (I assume officer numbers are determined by potential size of crowd attending, and they ain't exactly rolling up at Easter Road these days).

Will probably affect the gate a fair bit though. Expect a v disappointing crowd. Hope I am wrong.

More money from Sky than the supporters that would have turned up and I don't think we have to split the TV money with the Saintees. It's a good news story :)

More money from Sky than the supporters that would have turned up and I don't think we have to split the TV money with the Saintees. It's a good news story :)

tv money gets split down the middle

I think both clubs get around ?80,000 each. which is probably more than the gate receipts for the Talbot game.

Hopefully a sensible price is applied to attract fans to the game. Home tie to gain a place in the Quarter Final, I'm already dreaming of Hampden!

Hopefully a sensible price is applied to attract fans to the game. Home tie to gain a place in the Quarter Final, I'm already dreaming of Hampden!

This is what St J refused to do last year verymad.gif

Jambof3tornado

This is what St J refused to do last year verymad.gif

Which led to the farce of playing the game with no fans in the best stand in the ground!

Archived