Positive Thread Watch Out - Basso Had A Great Game.

Mr Quagmire

Mr Quagmire

I had heard that Banks was training him hard and really rates him.

Its starting to show.

Well Done Basso. :ninja:

ToadKiller Dog

A bit eratic but made at least 4 match saving stops out of the top drawer.

Tall was excellent also.

Sounded on the radio he had a stormer.

Well done. Keep it up.

Keepers always take longer to settle in, hopefully thats what it was with him.

was the one good point today outstanding performance i was shocked i truly did not believe he had it in him thank **** a player has finally exceeded my expectations :):)

Dirk Diggler

My MOM.

Kept us in the game with a few stunning saves.

Still couldn't catch a cold though:peepwall:

Great Reflex saves - superb!

Cant catch a cross and that will cost him and makes him not good enough.

winston churchill
A bit eratic but made at least 4 match saving stops out of the top drawer.
Tall was excellent also

radio shotland said he was s hite ,i put it down to him being ring rusty.

basso got of to a bad start in his hearts debut but has played well ever since excellent today very good distribution as well

winston churchill
basso got of to a bad start in his hearts debut but has played well ever since excellent today very good distribution as well

the boy can launch the ball,i noticed last week he put a couple straight out for goal kicks to united when kicking from hand.

Thunderstruck

Qualities that should put him in ?7-9m bracket.

Mr Quagmire
Qualities that should put him in ?7-9m bracket.

:rofl:

Your Right, Craig Gordon is still shocking at cross balls.

Steve Banks Doesn't even come out for them.

Basso will hopefully learn to deal with them.

rudi must stay

don't think he did tbh, he was excellent against Celtic at Parkhead. Then he made that mistake in the 1-1 and was probably quite unfairly dropped. Still that football and it's good to see him back playing well :)

He 'looks' like a goalkeeper doesn't he. Like Craig does, and like Andy McNeil never will.

He started a bit shakily but went on to have an excellent game. I like Banks but I don't think he would have made the saves Basso did yesterday.

No probs with them yesterday

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The mistakes aside I think Basso is a good keeper.

Mind his save at Easter Road where someone chipped it over him at the edge of the box and he somehow managed to get a hand on it as he was diving the wrong way.

penicuik jambo

If Alan Mcgregor had played like that yest the papers would have been jizzing themselves today, a great performance, top class saves. I did crap my pants tho when he fumbled one at the start. Deserves the last 5 games to make the jersey his, well done tony b, the rest of the team gtf.

Bindy Badgy
The mistakes aside I think Basso is a good keeper.

Mind his save at Easter Road where someone chipped it over him at the edge of the box and he somehow managed to get a hand on it as he was diving the wrong way.

I was right behind that, it was a great save. I think it was from Fletcher.

He looks like the type of keeper that makes a string of great saves then fumbles one into the net.

He looks like the type of keeper that makes a string of great saves then fumbles one into the net.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Thought that Basso played well yesterday, but I'd still rather see Banks in the team as he's more consistent all round. Basso sort of reminds me a bit of Tepi Moilanen.

I think one of the few mistakes he's made....... was when he rolled the ball out to Robbie with the truly bizarre belief that RN would maybe NOT make a complete ^^^^ of it :P

To be fair to Robbie though he did slip ( Killie game earlier this season )

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He does appear to be like that but a good run in the team may do his confidence the world of good.

Saying that, I like Banks but he's getting on a bit and he has coaching to concentrate on as well.

Harry Kinnear

It shouldv'e been 2-0 to Killie at half time,Basso kept us in it, should play him till the end of the season to check that wasn't a flash in the pan

Thought that Basso played well yesterday, but I'd still rather see Banks in the team as he's more consistent all round. Basso sort of reminds me a bit of Tepi Moilanen.

Aye, consistently doesn't actually save anything, whilst not really being at fault

Thank God I'm not the only one that can see it.

The laughable attempt in the second half catching the ball over his right shoulder with no-one near him shows him for what type of keeper he is/will be.

Maybe like James at Portsmouth he's a jammy so and so who's shot stopping makes up for a general laziness when doing the basics.

And I'll bang my head against a brick wall again. Top class keepers nowadays only come for cross balls they know they will definitely get. Clowns gets caught in no man's land so please give CG a break. Not that I'm saying JL is referring to CG and cross balls with his post

Thunderstruck

Name the last two Hearts keepers to have thrown the ball into his own net.

He's a crap keeper!

I was at yesterday's match and thought we should have been 4 down by half time. We rode our luck throughout the match and it wasn't pretty to watch. Two of the "magnificent" saves that Basso made were reflex ones that hit off him. If he had positioned himself properly in the first place (ie if he had been more willing to come off his line for cross balls) he wouldn't have had to make them in the first place. In my view, he is an accident waiting to happen.

Sorry!

:107years:

Unless facing a Mikey Stewart corner keepers no longer seem to catch cross balls anymore. They either stay on their line or punch it away.

Whether it was by luck or design Basso had a great game yesterday and if it wasn't for him we could have had no complaints if we had went in at half time four goals down.

Unless facing a Mikey Stewart corner keepers no longer seem to catch cross balls anymore. They either stay on their line or punch it away.

Whether it was by luck or design Basso had a great game yesterday and if it wasn't for him we could have had no complaints if we had went in at half time four goals down.

... more to do with the woodwork and luck, I would say!

:)

... more to do with the woodwork and luck, I would say!

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Now we have nothing to play for I would stick with him until the end of the season so that we can get a proper idea of his abilities.

We know what his ability is! Frankly, his standard is not good enough for Hearts - as is the case with many of the current squad.

Snake Plissken

Thats what I was thinking.

Capable of making some great saves but you never feel safe with him in goal...

footballing wise; i think basso and banks are about as good as each other, basso maybe edges it

the biggest diference between the two i think is the leadership abilities between them; banks seems able to command a defence and talk to a referee, something i think is severely lacking with the rest of the starting line-up

Mr Quagmire

A bit like Gordon at Celtic Park ? :P

Mr Quagmire
Thank God I'm not the only one that can see it.

The laughable attempt in the second half catching the ball over his right shoulder with no-one near him shows him for what type of keeper he is/will be.

Maybe like James at Portsmouth he's a jammy so and so who's shot stopping makes up for a general laziness when doing the basics.

And I'll bang my head against a brick wall again. Top class keepers nowadays only come for cross balls they know they will definitely get. Clowns gets caught in no man's land so please give CG a break. Not that I'm saying JL is referring to CG and cross balls with his post

:rolleyes:

Mr Quagmire
He's a crap keeper!

I was at yesterday's match and thought we should have been 4 down by half time. We rode our luck throughout the match and it wasn't pretty to watch. Two of the "magnificent" saves that Basso made were reflex ones that hit off him. If he had positioned himself properly in the first place (ie if he had been more willing to come off his line for cross balls) he wouldn't have had to make them in the first place. In my view, he is an accident waiting to happen.

Sorry!

No im sorry. :rolleyes:

Mr Quagmire
We know what his ability is! Frankly, his standard is not good enough for Hearts - as is the case with many of the current squad.

Speak For Yourself.

Mr Quagmire

speak for yourself.

If he had positioned himself properly in the first place (ie if he had been more willing to come off his line for cross balls) he wouldn't have had to make them in the first place. In my view, he is an accident waiting to happen.

Sorry!

I did!

I find the fact that our goalkeeper was the MOM against a pish poor Killie team, in a game we HAD to win DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Mr Quagmire
I find the fact that our goalkeeper was the MOM against a pish poor Killie team, in a game we HAD to win DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Stick your head in an oven then.

Stick your head in an oven then.

Stick YOUR head up yer er$e - you already talk out of it!

Archived