Gretna Embarass the SPL More!!!!

Rawrrrrrrr

431 showed up today, a crowd which is smaller than the vast majority of lower league games and id imagine a fair few junior games too

Div 3 - only 1 of the 5 games had less fans ( Albion Rovers)

Div 2 - only 1 game had less fans ( Cowdenbeath)

Div 1 - None of the games had less

And with the meaningless bottom 6 fixtures to come its quite feasible gretna could set a precedent of an SPL game being the least viewed of a weekend

How can we argue anything for the credibility of this league :mad:

I've been to a competitive Hearts game where the crowd was ony 587. It was a sectional League Cup tie when the section was already beyond us mind you.

Charlie-Brown
I've been to a competitive Hearts game where the crowd was ony 587. It was a sectional League Cup tie when the section was already beyond us mind you.

Was that away at Clydebank in the mid 1980's? If so then I was there too.

Charlie-Brown

Manxjamtart & I also attended the lowest ever attended game in Scottish Football when only 80 people turned up at Meadowbank v Stenhousemuir in 1979 - Hearts game at Dunfermline was postponed at 2.10pm that day and Easter Road was a sell out v Rangers for a game that George Best played in.

Manxjamtart & I also attended the lowest ever attended game in Scottish Football when only 80 people turned up at Meadowbank v Stenhousemuir in 1979 - Hearts game at Dunfermline was postponed at 2.10pm that day and Easter Road was a sell out v Rangers for a game that George Best played in.

HERO

Charlie-Brown
HERO

Not really - we tried to get into fester to see g.best but we couldn't - we got to meadowbank about 3.20pm and were able to just walk in so the attendance was really only 82 not 80 who paid - it was freezing cold & a garbage game we left about 15 minutes into the 2nd half - the game ended 0-0.

Was that away at Clydebank in the mid 1980's? If so then I was there too.

Aye, got the train over.

Charlie-Brown
Aye, got the train over.

I am sure there was only about 13-15 from our bus who went to that game when we always took 45-52 to away matches - we might have even shared a bus with another club.....there was a big issue about the crowd size in the papers - I think play-to-a-finish league cup ties came in after that.

Not really - we tried to get into fester to see g.best but we couldn't - we got to meadowbank about 3.20pm and were able to just walk in so the attendance was really only 82 not 80 who paid - it was freezing cold & a garbage game we left about 15 minutes into the 2nd half - the game ended 0-0.

Only joking mate:)

I went to a Meadowk bank game in Dec 1982. Hearts were away to Hamilton and Hibs were at home to Celtic (alan rough making his debut).

My Dad took me to that game too. I recall sitting there trying to only make the S and T at the end of Hearts on my scarf visible so I looked like a Stenny fan!

Never had any idea that it was a record breaker. Imagine the er, "crowd" if Hearts' game had been on (would have been 78 at most!!!)

John Findlay

Im sure Clydebank hold the lowest attendance of a senior game in Scotland with,if I remember correctly a crowd of 33.

Back to Gretna. They won promotion fair and square. Despite his illness their current owner at the end of the day has shafted the club bigtime.

John

The Spl is embarassing itself by continue the charade.Everyone knows the Spl does not give two hoots for Gretna as come the end of the season they will be of no concern.

Buffalo Bill

Gretna, and their Fir Park pitch has been a metaphor for the season 07/08.

Awful.

Buffalo Bill

As i've said before - nice to see their fans getting right behind their club during their hour of need eh.

Worthless pathetic little excuse of a club. Good riddance when they finally go under.

And this, in our "premier" division. Pfft.

Archived