Zaliukas: "ref favoured Scots"

tartofmidlothian

strange! I watched the whole game and didn't think the ref done anything wrong. Zaliukas can do one as far as i'm concerned.

strange! I watched the whole game and didn't think the ref done anything wrong. Zaliukas can do one as far as i'm concerned.

Multiple references on the radio to Scotland being treated 'favourably' by the ref.

Multiple references on the radio to Scotland being treated 'favourably' by the ref.

Too little too late though. Shame the ref last Saturday wasn't more "favourable"!

Stupid comments.

There wasn't one contentious decision and he let their players away with about 4 very late challenges after the ball was gone with no bookings.

Obviously said in the heat of the moment and with some bitterness because his team were awful and 3 or 4 nil would have been a fairer reflection.

Guest Dipped Flake

I thought the ref was very fair and also didn't fall for the diving antics (on either side before our Lithuanian fans get all upset).

Don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Scotland were terrible again and probably a draw would have been a fair result. Didn't see any point in the match where we 'dominated' either.

Having said that, still glad we won.

Thought there was a couple of times they might have got a free kick and didn't saying that they certainly didn't deserve a draw but had a couple of chances they should have scored from

Don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Scotland were terrible again and probably a draw would have been a fair result. Didn't see any point in the match where we 'dominated' either.

Eh.... what?

How on earth would a draw have been a fair result?

They had one chance in the whole game. Scotland had enough to win 3 games. They barely touched the ball in the first half and the 2nd was pretty even.

What are you basing that view on?

Eh.... what?

How on earth would a draw have been a fair result?

They had one chance in the whole game. Scotland had enough to win 3 games - but didn't . They barely touched the ball in the first half and the 2nd was pretty even.

What are you basing that view on?

It seems you are basing your assumption on chances..... you can have a million chances but if you cant score it doesn't matter.

They might only touch the ball once - but if that ends up being a goal it still counts.

It seems you are basing your assumption on chances..... you can have a million chances but if you cant score it doesn't matter.

They might only touch the ball once - but if that ends up being a goal it still counts.

Chances and possession and quality of play actually.

Basically, Scotland were far and away the better team.

Chances and possession and quality of play actually.

Basically, Scotland were far and away the better team. z

Yes - but only scored 1 goal.

If Scotland were terrible then what were Lithuania? I don't even think they had a shot on target. According to uefa.com, they had 7 shots, all off target and we had 17 shots, 5 on target. We also had 9 corners to their 2.

As for not having a period of domination, Lithuania must have crossed the half-way line 2 or 3 times in the first half. Someone mentioned that a stat came up in the first half showing we had 70% possession.

If Scotland had put in a performance like Lithuania's then no one would have said we deserved a draw.

Yes - but only scored 1 goal.

:unsure: Em....yeah, clearly.

I have no idea what your point is. You just seem to be stating the obvious repeatedly.

Are you suggesting that a draw would have been a fair result? If so, I'd like to know what that view is based on.

And Lithuania scored 0 goals, so how did they deserve a draw?

I was about to type a longer reply but this hits the nail on the head much more succintly. :thumbsup:

**** knows what his point is.

Zal is having a nightmare on and off the field at the moment. What a fud...

Have to agree here

Francis Albert

Every week of the season players and managers come out with these sorts of comments. Do we expect Lithuanians to be uniquely balanced and objective when it comes to their team?

A "clown", "having a nightmare"?

Chad Sexington

Every week of the season players and managers come out with these sorts of comments. Do we expect Lithuanians to be uniquely balanced and objective when it comes to their team?

A "clown", "having a nightmare"?

Agreed.

Poor form ripping into our captain, even if, like me, you disagree with his assessment of the game. :down:

Great to see all these so-called Hearts fans that are so quick to have a go at OUR club captain.

:verymad::down:

That's just it though, he wasn't wearing a Hearts top last night, he was wearing the colours of his country, a country that is a rival in our group therefore he should be seen as that, he wasn't the Hearts captain last night and there was no Hearts connection to the game. Maybe some folk should try to divide their loyalties from their club team to their country.

I thought Zal was fouled in the build up to the goal. Ok, it was 40 seconds later the goal was scored but Lithuania never regained possession. Ironically it was probably Zal's theatrics that resulted in the free kick not being given. The ref could also have taken a dim view of Caldwell hauling their centre forward down when a shot from 18 yards looked very much on the cards?

Billy Dodds, everyone's favourite pundit, said on the radio he thought the ref had a blinder because he gave us everything!

Zal's on another planet if he thinks Lithuania deserved a draw though.

That's just it though, he wasn't wearing a Hearts top last night, he was wearing the colours of his country, a country that is a rival in our group therefore he should be seen as that, he wasn't the Hearts captain last night and there was no Hearts connection to the game. Maybe some folk should try to divide their loyalties from their club team to their country.

Find that rather rich considering your stance on Zal when he's wearing a Hearts strip.

The Treasurer

He is the club captain on a permanant basis, not just for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

I find it strange that so-called Hearts fans are quick to condem him for having a biased (but wrong) view of his country's team yet the same so-called Hearts fans wouldn't dream of criticising any of the OF players who expressed a similar (and equally wrong) view that Scotland deserved a better result than they got on Saturday.

Find that rather rich considering your stance on Zal when he's wearing a Hearts strip.

I've never rated him and always said so but the point is, he wasn't wearing a Hearts top last night and was in a rival team, a team in the same qualifying group as us so i don't get why folk have brought up "Hearts captain" nothing to do with our club this game.

No

You argued against someone pointing out that Lithuania didn't deserve a draw. But you don't think Lithuania deserved a draw.

Right. :blink:

Great to see all these so-called Hearts fans that are so quick to have a go at OUR club captain.

:verymad::down:

Our captain was talking shite. People pointed this out. Don't see the problem :mellow:

We_are_the_Hearts

Some Hearts fans sadden me. Our Club Captain speaks his mind and is a clown, told to shut up. Dearie me. No sense of loyalty at all.

The Treasurer

Our captain was talking shite. People pointed this out. Don't see the problem :mellow:

Read my second post on this topic

I like Zal and I think he's been a good player and a pretty good captain for us.

He also played quite well last night I thought although his team were dreadful. They actually looked worse that Liechtenstein.

He's just talking pish here as a good result against the country he plays in clearly meant a lot to him and he was upset. Hardly surprising.

I like Zal and I think he's been a good player and a pretty good captain for us.

He also played quite well last night I thought although his team were dreadful. They actually looked worse that Liechtenstein.

He's just talking pish here as a good result against the country he plays in clearly meant a lot to him and he was upset. Hardly surprising.

End of thread.

I've never rated him and always said so but the point is, he wasn't wearing a Hearts top last night and was in a rival team, a team in the same qualifying group as us so i don't get why folk have brought up "Hearts captain" nothing to do with our club this game.

It's been said already, he's still the Hearts captain regardless of what strip he happened to be wearing last night.

Archived