**The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup Thread**

Ray Winstone

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit just got interesting.

Just took the dogs fo a quick walk and missed the third quarter. WTF happened? :woot: :woot:

And all of a sudden our result against Romania isn't as bad as it looked.

Tbf, every country's at it, give or take. Tuilagi up next

Oh aye, us as well... But I thought tuilagi was a traditional west country name?

It was only 5 or 6 years ago Scotland took 100+ points off Japan - I seriously doubt whether we'd beat them

I doubt there will be many 50+ margins outside of the top 3 or 4 teams. Like in football, many of the weaker teams have learned how to defend.

Argies not got their shooting boots on against the English, misse 3 pens in first 20 mins - disappointing could be 15-3 up... Indoors as well so no wind

One thing I've noticed is that I think the bookies have overegged some of the handicaps for the group games, I mean NZ were giving up between 60-63 pts ! They way the game is played with the stop start scrums nowadays takes more time off the board.

4 out of 4 matches have seen the handicap comfortably covered by the underdog so far and the Engurland game is heading for 5 out of 5 as things stand.

Its early days with the Welsh and Irish to follow but the Northern hemisphere teams look miles off it. I thought professional rugby was meant to have improved us ?!!!!!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Argies not got their shooting boots on against the English, misse 3 pens in first 20 mins - disappointing could be 15-3 up... Indoors as well so no wind

Tight, tight game this, could go either way. Think the argies will pay for those pens though

Tight, tight game this, could go either way. Think the argies will pay for those pens though

Agreed, how many players have they lost through injury now? 3 ? Selfishly hope they are still injured when we play them ..

Argentina should have this game out of sight but you just know England will somehow fluke it. At least it's been a reality check that England aren't anywhere near as good as they think they are.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Argentina should have this game out of sight but you just know England will somehow fluke it. At least it's been a reality check that England aren't anywhere near as good as they think they are.

I don't think they think they're that good

Tiberius Stinkfinger

English player calling the ref Sir.

Magic!

Your favourite nation are getting a bit of a pasting here StennyG.

Good !

The Argies will kick themselves forever if they don't win this. So many opportunities. England are truly woeful though, rudderless and leaderless. Pathetic actually but marvellous nonetheless..

Your favourite nation are getting a bit of a pasting here StennyG.

Good !

Excuse me?

You can't hide class :smuggy:

For a nation of 60 odd million and mega resources in both sports England aint half shite at both football and rugby.

This they re also very very lucky. That should have been a penalty for dragging down ?

For a nation of 60 odd million and mega resources in both sports England aint half shite at both football and rugby.

Decent shit tho eh?

martin_johnson_1114688c.jpg

anonymous-england-1966-world-cup-team-5000610.jpg

Good to see both Scotland and England winning despite under average peformances.

Sheriff Fatman

Decent shit tho eh?

Good to see both Scotland and England winning despite under average peformances.

Living off of past glories isn't something to be proud of.

Living off of past glories isn't something to be proud of.

Don't know about you, but I still get joy from Wayne Foster, 22 in a row, 98, 02/04/06, May 06.... Etc etc

So drop the hypocrisy.

^

Away and throw shite at yourself. Thanks.

What? Sorry, but if your going to post xenophobic nonsense, your best staying away from here if you can't handle being pulled up for it.

4th best football team in the would and 5th best rugby.

The England bashing reeks of Hobo.

Back to the thread. Delighted that Scotland and England both won their first games. :yas:

What hypocricy, that was then this is now, England did not deserve to win.

In your opinion.

They scored more points than Argentina.

They deserved to win.

Simples.

Sheriff Fatman

In your opinion.

They scored more points than Argentina.

They deserved to win.

Simples.

They won, they didn't deserve it and a team from 8 years ago and a team from before any of the players were born and playing a completely different sport had nothing to do with it.

They won, they didn't deserve it and a team from 8 years ago and a team from before any of the players were born and playing a completely different sport had nothing to do with it.

The team that deserved to win weren't good enough to score a single try.

Ok mate. Sure.

Sheriff Fatman

The team that deserved to win weren't good enough to score a single try.

Ok mate. Sure.

The team that won should have won far a bigger margin and by playing much better rugby. England were incredibly poor for most of the match and were lucky that the two best Argentinian players went off injured and that the Argentinian kicker missed so many penalties.

Decent shit tho eh?

:troll:

Archived