**The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup Thread**

Ray Winstone

We're better than them by a stretch, but they could cause us some problems if we're not on the ball.

Our backs are hugely superior so they'll be looking to keep it tight in the forwards. And the old cliche about fitness won't count as most of their team are professionals in France.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are getting dominated by the poorest pack in our pool :vrface:

Too many unforced errors through the backline as well.

Second half we must do better.

I have the utmost confidence that Andy Robinson will ensure that the team will produce a clinical and efficient performance in the 2nd half.

:sweat:

Talk about error strewn. Have these guys met each other before ?! Major improvement needed to have any chance against the Argies and English.

John Barclay is having an absolute holocaust.

Good start by Parks, holy shit thats murder.

The discipline has been brutal as well. I'm no rugby expert but this has been a shocker.

Being Irish i can feel you pain in playing terrible in the world cup, but this is just terrible. You's actually look like you's are going to lose :mellow:

Would this be the biggest embarassment in Scottish sport ever ? Was Iran worse ? As far as the bookies are concerned this will be by far and away the biggest upset in our histroy. These guys should be lynched.

Would this be the biggest embarassment in Scottish sport ever ? Was Iran worse ? As far as the bookies are concerned this will be by far and away the biggest upset in our histroy. These guys should be lynched.

Not really, these guys all play outside their own county as professionals.

Fairly awful showing though. I wish I'd recorded this as opposed to staying up to watch it live.

The all blacks gave a masterclass in how centres play well. We're giving the opposite.

The half backs are fecking awful as well.

marshallschunkychicken

Dan Parks cemented his position as my most hated Australian three years ago in Rome.

Out on the full twice. ******.

Rugby teams can't function without a good stand off. We don't have one.

The half backs are fecking awful as well.

Bingo! We haven't had a good stand off for years.

So ****in easy, oh this is so ****in easy....

Very very poor, but hopefully a wake up call. Bonus point achieved which is the main thing.

ah yes, an ulsterman saving the day...beautiful :thumbsup:

Mmmmm he plays for ulster, not really sure if that really makes him "an ulsterman" though?

Bit like saying Dalglish is a scouser lol

Never in doubt :verysmug:

:look:

Aye... Broadsword calling Danny Boy..... a hole is a hole is a hole........ :teehee:

Edit: Where's the anti Scotland brigade? :unsure:

The last decent 10 we had was Townsend as far as open play goes but he was useless at kicking.

Rhuri Jackson shirks the big hits and more often than not goes with the wrong option, he also can't pass very well.

Dan Parks can't do anything except kick on pitches which he has had years working out the dimensions of. With ball in hand he is a liability.

Coaches had their chance to turn Patterson into a decent option at 10 but none of them had the guts to do it when it was needed and now it is far too late.

So frustrating to have the best squad we have had together in recent memory but we can't utilise the talent we have without a decent 10.

Paterson will be out due to gales...

Parks is honking.

The scrum went to pieces...who's the leader?

Intensive DVD watching and work...

chester copperpot

Paterson will be out due to gales...

Parks is honking.

The scrum went to pieces...who's the leader?

Intensive DVD watching and work...

I am glad I fell asleep just before Kick off by the sounds of it.

France V Japan now, France look like they're going to pump them, easy peasy, Japanesey.

Archived