David Fernandez

Coco

Given the cost cutting which will hit the first team squad in the summer - with presumably all the high earners leaving ... the squad will need to be rebuilt.

We could do worse than get a season or two out of Fernandez. He was excellent today.

Hans von Luck
Given the cost cutting which will hit the first team squad in the summer - with presumably all the high earners leaving ... the squad will need to be rebuilt.

We could do worse than get a season or two out of Fernandez. He was excellent today.

One word.

NO

Csaba's Broon Shoes

A player we should have signed from Airdrie when we had the chance

However we got Austin McCann instead .

One word.

NO

What don't you like about him? He is a real creative player who can hold the ball, put in dangerous free kicks/corners etc. His corners today were fantastic.

Getting on a bit, but knows what the SPL is all about, and would fit the reduced wage bill.

winston churchill
A player we should have signed from Airdrie when we had the chance

However we got Austin McCann instead .

correct.

did JJ not try and get him from livi, but the pieman would not cough up the cash.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

With our injury record combined with his glass legs I doubt he would ever play a game for us!

winston churchill
With our injury record combined with his glass legs I doubt he would ever play a game for us!

are you talking about caldwell from ra sellics kung fu kick on him.

Hans von Luck
What don't you like about him? He is a real creative player who can hold the ball, put in dangerous free kicks/corners etc. His corners today were fantastic.

Getting on a bit, but knows what the SPL is all about, and would fit the reduced wage bill.

Another journeyman type player, only performs in 1 out of 5 or 6 games.

Sounds a bit familiar eah?

Another journeyman type player, only performs in 1 out of 5 or 6 games.

Sounds a bit familiar eah?

I've only really seen him when he has played against us. He has looked decent in those games.

He was very good today - better than any of our midfield/front players.

Ryan Gosling

We should have signed him 3 years ago when Celtic were trying to get rid of him. Since then he's had a serious injury, and he's 32.

So no.

Hans von Luck
I've only really seen him when he has played against us. He has looked decent in those games.

He was very good today - better than any of our midfield/front players.

Agreed he did play well today however that would have not been too dificult against a side that had no direction or passion.......again.

We should have signed him 3 years ago when Celtic were trying to get rid of him. Since then he's had a serious injury, and he's 32.

So no.

Unless more capital is put into the business, that is the sort of player we have to look at!

It is not about resale value. Not about trying to showcase players. Just to do what Alex MacDonald did and to start with what JJ did. Get the best players they could afford and get the most out of them. Not overpaid prima donnas.

If we could get Fernandez for a nominal fee - we could get a good season out of him.

Unless more capital is put into the business, that is the sort of player we have to look at!

It is not about resale value. Not about trying to showcase players. Just to do what Alex MacDonald did and to start with what JJ did. Get the best players they could afford and get the most out of them. Not overpaid prima donnas.

If we could get Fernandez for a nominal fee - we could get a good season out of him.

Depending how much we cost cut, he could be an option at a one year deal. He'd only be on ?1-2k tops. We could do worse, although, we could do a lot better.

another one for the crock list. hes well past it. I dont see him bringing anything to us, I think he'd be a complete flop. I used to quite like him a good few years ago but it would show a complete lack of ambition if thats who were looking to sign. This might have been a crap season but obviously im hoping we can bounce back.

another one for the crock list. hes well past it. I dont see him bringing anything to us, I think he'd be a complete flop. I used to quite like him a good few years ago but it would show a complete lack of ambition if thats who were looking to sign. This might have been a crap season but obviously im hoping we can bounce back.

That is the sort of signing we need to make unless money is put in!

The 'best of the rest' signing. Fernandez was Killie's best player yesterday and showed he could do a job for us. He didn't look like a crock yesterday.

Do you expect a Fyssas, Brellier, Skacel, Jankauskas type of signing window? There isn't the money for that! We need to bring in a manager who can sign players like Fernandez for buttons and get the best out of them. Who can put together a side with no money. Who can wheel and deal for players. Who can resist the chucking in of players for showcase reasons.

Charlie-Brown

Fernandez is still a reasonably good SPL player and to have been picked for Martin O'Neil's Celtic squad shows that he's been capable of playing at a higher level than Airdrie, Livingston & Kilmarnock. I wouldn't pay anymore than ?50K for him although would prefer to get him for free as I suspect there will be equally good or better bosman players available.

You do have to think about re-sale value of players if you want to avoid losses or hope to make inroads into debts.

Depending on which youngsters we plan to promote and in what timescale then I wouldn't sign Fernandez if it was going to further restrict our own players chances to play.

Why do people equate 'showing ambition' with spending big on players? Is spending way beyond our means for a decade ambition? If so then our debt levels are the result of that.

We should sign good players that we can afford - players who will complement and improve on those we have - not signings who will further damage the club financially.

David Fernandez is a reasonable shout although his fitness levels are a concern after his bad injuries - he could be another McCann? I'd like to see who else is available?

Lee Miller might be a good signing for us - if he worked hard he could resurrect his international career - and in his mid-twenties should be coming into his prime and he might also have some decent re-sale value especially if we could sign him on a bosman.

na, fernandez is not the player he used to be. struggles to find the goal to be honest and spends most time on his arse

That is the sort of signing we need to make unless money is put in!

The 'best of the rest' signing. Fernandez was Killie's best player yesterday and showed he could do a job for us. He didn't look like a crock yesterday.

Do you expect a Fyssas, Brellier, Skacel, Jankauskas type of signing window? There isn't the money for that! We need to bring in a manager who can sign players like Fernandez for buttons and get the best out of them. Who can put together a side with no money. Who can wheel and deal for players. Who can resist the chucking in of players for showcase reasons.

No quite the opposite! I think you'll find if you've seen any of my other posts regarding transfers im extremely realistic. I don't think Fernandez would be a good signing though.

'Best of the rest' he is not. Try looking at players like:

Patrick Cregg, Willo Flood, Aurelin Colin, Marius Niculae, Paul McGowan, Morgaro Gomis, Lee Miller, Rocco Quinn even Gary Mason (hes a jambo and works hard)

not saying all of them are 'best of the rest' either but a few realistic ideas wouldn't you say? better than an injury prone has-been.

No quite the opposite! I think you'll find if you've seen any of my other posts regarding transfers im extremely realistic. I don't think Fernandez would be a good signing though.

'Best of the rest' he is not. Try looking at players like:

Patrick Cregg, Willo Flood, Aurelin Colin, Marius Niculae, Paul McGowan, Morgaro Gomis, Lee Miller, Rocco Quinn even Gary Mason (hes a jambo and works hard)

not saying all of them are 'best of the rest' either but a few realistic ideas wouldn't you say? better than an injury prone has-been.

I agree that these are the sorts of players we should be thinking about. But I think we could get a good year out of Fernandez. Would certainly help the likes of Driver and Jonsson as he is a smart player.

Yeah but on his website it mentions he's recently had a Vlad-flu inoculation so that would shield him from "HMFC injury syndrome" :ninja:

Archived