Kingston petulance

Coco

After having a lazy stinker, and Frail rightly taking him off (one of the few things Frail got right all game) Kingston wouldn't even go and sit with the rest of the subs in the dugout, preferring to amble off and then head straight down the tunnel.

Not a team player ...

Agreed.

We have to keep him as he's one of only a few half decent players we have but he has to show a better attitute and better performance than today.

That moment of petulance showed up what he really is. Ultimately he is at Hearts as a stepping stone and despite clear ability his lack of effort is ridiculous. He spent half the day on his erse then went right down the tunnel, presumably to cash his ?20k a week cheque rather than sit on the bench. I though team spirit had improved, I thouight we were in this together. A waster of the highest order today.

Agreed.

We have to keep him as he's one of only a few half decent players we have but he has to show a better attitute and better performance than today.

He must go as he costs way too much.

But if he is available for selection then he has to play as he has gifts 2 or 3 times a match which pay off - and none of our other players have them. But there is a big downside to his game - lack of effort, petulance etc.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not the kind of player I want at the club these days.

Clearly talented but we can't afford luxuries.

I would gladly take Ian Black as a replacement.

Hans von Luck

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on keeping Kingston.

Great player when it suits him, but when the going gets tough, no I just dont really see him getting involved.

As for storming down the tunnel today, it basically says that he has no respect for anyone in the coaching staff (just as Nade a couple of weeks ago).

Sell him get him off the wage bill with Nade (up to 15k per week saved each ) and bring in some players that would play for the jersey ie Clarkston and 4 or 5 others at 4k per week who would give more.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Sorry but I have to disagree with you on keeping Kingston.

Great player when it suits him, but when the going gets tough, no I just dont really see him getting involved.

As for storming down the tunnel today, it basically says that he has no respect for anyone in the coaching staff (just as Nade a couple of weeks ago).

Sell him get him off the wage bill with Nade (up to 15k per week saved each ) and bring in some players that would play for the jersey ie Clarkston and 4 or 5 others at 4k per week who would give more.

Exactly. No time for sentiment now.

Get Nade, Kingston, Makela, Beslija, Pinilla off the wage bill and bring in players on a fraction of their wage who will be twice as effective.

BRING IN PROVEN SPL PLAYERS.

robin_hobosblind
After having a lazy stinker, and Frail rightly taking him off (one of the few things Frail got right all game) Kingston wouldn't even go and sit with the rest of the subs in the dugout, preferring to amble off and then head straight down the tunnel.

Not a team player ...

I think he was one of the few people at Rugby Park who performed worse than that prat with the ****e megaphone up the back! ;)

agreed, get him off the wage bill, hes a showman and is no use in this team! i hope he get the same treament as jose got for his actions today, thought most of the team did well for us today, just no luck and maybe end of the day not good enough, i would keep most of the squad but get rid of the high earners and build around what we have, 4 or 5 good players needed.

He is always capable of doing it and the 3 late free kicks we got in and around the box and him were a match made in heaven

I'd have kept him on in case we got a freekick and no other reason

He is always capable of doing it and the 3 late free kicks we got in and around the box and him were a match made in heaven

I'd have kept him on in case we got a freekick and no other reason

One of those free kicks was beautifully floated onto the napper of our prolific workhorse striker who proceeded to head it almost onto his cement filled boots!

He'll be gone in the summer.

old firm are ment to be showing an interest but then again no surprise ther!!! but will mad vlad sell to the infirm?

Dump Kingston, sign Fernandez and keep Neilson7.

Can't wait to see Coco's Hearts.

Yes, that would be an improvement to the squad/club. The club can't afford to have players on whatever Kingston earns playing well 5 times a season.

Do you think that the club can afford to keep players like Kingston?

Which of the 3 players had better games today?

old firm are ment to be showing an interest but then again no surprise ther!!! but will mad vlad sell to the infirm?

He will sell to anyone who offers money!

Ryan Gosling
Yes, that would be an improvement to the squad/club. The club can't afford to have players on whatever Kingston earns playing well 5 times a season.

Depends who else they get rid of.

Financially, we can't afford to keep Kingston.

Can we afford to keep Neilson?

And I don't mean financially.

ColtbridgeJambo

I do not know what rumblings are going on at the club regarding Kingston but the man himself says he is going no where.

He is a Hearts player and is going to see out his contract with Hearts.

Exactly. No time for sentiment now.

Get Nade, Kingston, Makela, Beslija, Pinilla off the wage bill and bring in players on a fraction of their wage who will be twice as effective.

BRING IN PROVEN SPL PLAYERS.

Spot on. We should clear half the squad out in the summer and start again. We can't do any worse than this season. Even so, we'd know the players are playing for and deserving their wages.

Nothing against the said players in the quote, it's just we simply can't afford them.

Dump Kingston, sign Fernandez and keep Neilson7.

Can't wait to see Coco's Hearts.

As much as you want players to play for the jesery and stuff you still need talented players ! A team of 11 neilsons is no good ! Same as a team of 11 kingston ! YOU NEED a mix of players, if i'm paying 400 quid for next year i want to see players like kingston at the club !

As much as you want players to play for the jesery and stuff you still need talented players ! A team of 11 neilsons is no good ! Same as a team of 11 kingston ! YOU NEED a mix of players, if i'm paying 400 quid for next year i want to see players like kingston at the club !

Given the financial results - you would need to be paying 800 quid in order to justify having players on Kingston's salaries.

Jambof3tornado

Kingston was hurting at having played rank in a game he knew we had to win,nothing wrong with being pee'd off with yourself for having a duff game. As for saying he should leave,no way Jose(he can go though). One or 2 Laryea's in a team can make a huge difference. He didnt tear his shirt off and stamp it into the mud,he merely didnt want to watch the rest of the game,and frankly neither did I but had paid my ?20 so stayed till the last miserable kick of the ball!!!!:eek:

Kingston was hurting at having played rank in a game he knew we had to win,nothing wrong with being pee'd off with yourself for having a duff game. As for saying he should leave,no way Jose(he can go though). One or 2 Laryea's in a team can make a huge difference. He didnt tear his shirt off and stamp it into the mud,he merely didnt want to watch the rest of the game,and frankly neither did I but had paid my ?20 so stayed till the last miserable kick of the ball!!!!:eek:

Tough. Its a team game. People were quick to have a go at Lennon for walking off down the tunnel in last year's cup final.

The biggest talents tend to be the biggest dummy spitters.

Don't agree with that.

He was petulant because he thought he is the star player so he should never receive the indignity of being substituted like that. It was the same as Nade's disgraceful abuse at Frail the previous week. No discipline.

The club can't afford players on his sort of salary. It might be difficult to convince a club to take on a player with his chequered football history though - at least if the club expect to make money anyway.

the general
Don't agree with that.

He was petulant because he thought he is the star player so he should never receive the indignity of being substituted like that. It was the same as Nade's disgraceful abuse at Frail the previous week. No discipline.

The club can't afford players on his sort of salary. It might be difficult to convince a club to take on a player with his chequered football history though - at least if the club expect to make money anyway.

sorry Coco but I saw it the same as the other poster - he was frustrated with himself and I think we should have kept him on in the hope of one moment of magic

it does seem however that the players do not show the respect they should to Frail ( I hate them calling him shaggy btw )

maroonedinoz

I think Vlad's 'principles' have been found out.

I think he'd sell to anyone if the price is right!

Fickle fickle Hearts fans.

Kestutis as a shocker and gets booed off. Does he go up the tunnel? No . Shakes hands with Glen and sits on the bench.

Kingston has a bad game and gets a standing ovation and goes straight up the tunnel. But since it is Larry and our fans just like all football fans are fickle enough to sing his name.

Really got to me.

By The Light..

Kingston should be docked a weeks wages for that. However the entire team has attitude problems and with zero leadership on or off the park we are well and truly stuffed.

I went to Killie and watched one up front again, sad to say but Killie were the better team for the majority of the match and only Basso kept us in it.

I think Vlad's 'principles' have been found out.

SHOCK HORROR.

Can this be true he would sell anone if the price was right.

How low can he go ,there cant be another owner in the world that would do such a thing.

Gigolo-Aunt

Thats goes for any owner and any player in world football.

If you were a good player, would you have any respect for anyone in the Hearts team or coaching staff? Frail may be a nice guy but that doesn't make a good manager. As for the players, they're nowhere near Kingston's class so it's no wonder he has a superiority complex. If I was Kingston, I'd want out of Hearts asap as the players he is forced to play with reflect badly on him.

florahearts

Which of the 3 players had better games today?

I would much rather see Kingston at Tynie than the wage thief Pinilla. Pinilla must be the biggest joke we have ever had, as he will be laughing all the way to the Bank

I can't believe the criticism Kingston gets. I agree he didn't have a great game yesterday but he was one of the very few players in that team who is capable of scoring a goal so taking him off seemed crazy to me. Kingston is easily our most talented player - and it must be so frustrating for him being stuck in a team of players who are nowhere near good enough.

I noticed one member of the coaching staff gesticulating in a way that would suggest he was far from happy that Kingston walked straight off the pitch.

The players obviously like "Shaggy" but IMO don't respect or fear him.

And, to be blunt, why should they?

JamboRossi79
Fickle fickle Hearts fans.

Kestutis as a shocker and gets booed off. Does he go up the tunnel? No . Shakes hands with Glen and sits on the bench.

Kingston has a bad game and gets a standing ovation and goes straight up the tunnel. But since it is Larry and our fans just like all football fans are fickle enough to sing his name.

Really got to me.

Me too, it was actually hard to see who contributed less to the team Kingston or Ivas.

Me too, it was actually hard to see who contributed less to the team Kingston or Ivas.

I definately thought Ivaskeva was worse but not by much.

Kingston did a couple of things right. I don't think Ivaskeva did.

JamboRossi79
I definately thought Ivaskeva was worse but not by much.

Kingston did a couple of things right. I don't think Ivaskeva did.

Fair enough it really was a toss up. I can say hand on heart that I was much more disapointed in Kingston yesterday mainly due the fact he is our key player and on his day he could beat Killie single handedly that is how good he is.

Fair enough it really was a toss up. I can say hand on heart that I was much more disapointed in Kingston yesterday mainly due the fact he is our key player and on his day he could beat Killie single handedly that is how good he is.

Yeah if you look at it like that I do agree. As we have much greater expectations for Laryea Kingston.

PC Handwringer

I was there yesterday and I was there chanting for Kingston at the end . Too right I was he is one of the reasons I would go to a match.The week before scored a beauty to still keep us in with a chance. If he had scored yesterday ther would have been none of these bad threads I read. He was a bit injured thats why he went down the tunnel and didnt sit on the bench.Also he will be disappointed of course he will be. Kingston is worth every penny he gets as far as I am concerned. Hope we can attract a few more from Ghana.

We need to keep that level of player and add to it . Off load the crap.

I was there yesterday and I was there chanting for Kingston at the end . Too right I was he is one of the reasons I would go to a match.The week before scored a beauty to still keep us in with a chance. If he had scored yesterday ther would have been none of these bad threads I read. He was a bit injured thats why he went down the tunnel and didnt sit on the bench.Also he will be disappointed of course he will be. Kingston is worth every penny he gets as far as I am concerned. Hope we can attract a few more from Ghana.

:rofl:

funktasticlad

Here here, Kingston has always stated his desire to do well at hearts and win trophies ect and himself and his family seem happy in the Burgh so talk of giving our most gifted player the boot is a joke. With a manager in place operating a system that works and that the players believe in is whats required. As for Ghanian players i've stated before agogo of notts forrest would be a good buy so would the boy that plays for dundee utd.

WeeToonJambo

Right from the start it was obvious that there was something wrong with Kingston and he looked as if he might have been carrying an injury. He also took some hefty treatment during the game and I didn't think he was being petulant when he was subbed. He looked over to the bench and signalled that he was going straight down the tunnel. I couldn't see what their reaction was but I assumed he got the go ahead.

Marooned In Oz

I Cannot ****ing believe this thread.

His first bad game for hearts in god knows how long and a thread slating him for going down the tunnel.

Fickle ****ing hearts fans again.

The ONE player who would walk in to any team in the SPL and we slate him.

I hope for his sake he gets a decent club in the summer. a player of his ability deserves better

His first bad game for hearts in god knows how long and a thread slating him for going down the tunnel.

I hope for his sake he gets a decent club in the summer. a player of his ability deserves better

That was only his 3rd game since the start of December.

Hearts fans applauded him off the field when he was sent off against Aberdeen for calling the referee a racist. Not the sort of player that we can count on. It is sad because he has great gifts and has shown them at times. But we have had nothing like value for the ludicrous money spent on Kingston.

Guest u01dg3

Glad your hoping one of our main players leaves us. Where do you think well be next season without players of Kingstons standards? Really positive post here!

Archived