HMRC Freeze Rangers Bank Accounts? Martin Bain Story (merged)

Charlie-Brown

jamboinglasgow

Sounds like wishful thinking tbh.

Same here, the richest man in Scotland comes and saves the day and covers the tax bill. It does seem wishful.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, the richest man in Scotland comes and saves the day and covers the tax bill. It does seem wishful.

You don't become the richest man in Scotland by spooging your money away on someone else's debt.

Circling the wagons for the end-game perhaps?

Phil Betts resigns as director and is replaced by Andrew Ellis.

http://www.plus-sx.com/newsItem.html;jsessionid=7A56A3E25B8F1D65FD82597060990675?newsId=1470217

I don't know if there is anything significant in this move or not.

Phil Betts is still (For the moment anyway) a director at another one of Whyte's dodgy companies.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/merchant-house-finance

FF,

Have you heard anything about a takeover of Rangers. I got an email from a Rangers shareholder, indicating that a takeover could be concluded by the end of this month. The name that was mentioned was Jim McColl (in my ignorance I had never heard of the bloke, so had to look him up on Wiki., by all accounts he is reported as the richest man in Scotland now). He apparently has personal wealth of around ?800 million, and is involved with a company called Clyde Blowers. From the content of the email it indicated Whyte was put in place temporarily, because McColl and Murray don't get on (McColl's companies apparently refused to purchase steel from Murray, and they had a huge falling out and he wouldn't buy Rangers direct from Murray as a result). The email I received said he was now ready to take over ownership and would cover the tax bill if necessary. Source of the email I received was someone at Rangers Media who has apparently been spot on any other time he has released info. No idea if it is true, was just wondering if it is something that is doing the rounds.

:sob:

Have you heard anything about a takeover of Rangers. I got an email from a Rangers shareholder, indicating that a takeover could be concluded by the end of this month. The name that was mentioned was Jim McColl (in my ignorance I had never heard of the bloke, so had to look him up on Wiki., by all accounts he is reported as the richest man in Scotland now). He apparently has personal wealth of around ?800 million, and is involved with a company called Clyde Blowers. From the content of the email it indicated Whyte was put in place temporarily, because McColl and Murray don't get on (McColl's companies apparently refused to purchase steel from Murray, and they had a huge falling out and he wouldn't buy Rangers direct from Murray as a result). The email I received said he was now ready to take over ownership and would cover the tax bill if necessary. Source of the email I received was someone at Rangers Media who has apparently been spot on any other time he has released info. No idea if it is true, was just wondering if it is something that is doing the rounds.

McColl was rumoured to be making a bid in 2010, but was only providing advice to the Rangers Supporters Trust. And would maybe have provided some finance to them, but was not interested in owning Rangers.

He was a Partick Thistle fan previously, but got involved in going to Rangers games with some of the other big money men in the west, like Tom Hunter etc.

A quote from him that appeared in The Herald in March 2010 ?I have no interest in buying Rangers or having a financial involvement in Rangers.? Though that's not to say it wasn't all a smoke screen to cover for Whyte, or that he has changed his mind, but I think it's doubtfull he would buy Rangers and be the main man like Murray was.

They have been apart for a couple of years now and divorce papers lodged this year. I would be very suprised if any dirt is dished. In fact its in both interests for it not to be I'm led to believe.

The situation was resolved in court between them the other day, apparently it was small "maintenance fees" being discussed, but she has no interest in shares of any business involvement.

Footballfirst

PJ1 - His name has been banded about, but as Sutol says, he has previously said he is not interested.

Consider the situation he would be buying into.

Wavetower/RFC Group debt ?25M

Big Tax Bill ?49M

Arrears of PAYE/NI/VAT ?3M

"Black Hole" Cashflow requirements to end of 2011/12 ?10M

That amounts to ?87M just for starters. There are further refurbishment costs required for Ibrox estimated at ?15M, The wage bill has to be brought down by an estimated ?7M a year.

I could see him buying the newco, but baling out the club doesn't make sense, even for a man of his means.

If it was Jim McColl the gardener, that would make more sense as he might get a return growing plants under the lights at Ibrox and Murray Park :whistling:

If it was Jim McColl the gardener, that would make more sense as he might get a return growing plants under the lights at Ibrox and Murray Park :whistling:

Depends on what type of plants he was growing..........:whistling:

FF,

Nonsense!

PJ1 - His name has been banded about, but as Sutol says, he has previously said he is not interested.

Consider the situation he would be buying into.

Wavetower/RFC Group debt ?25M

Big Tax Bill ?49M

Arrears of PAYE/NI/VAT ?3M

"Black Hole" Cashflow requirements to end of 2011/12 ?10M

That amounts to ?87M just for starters. There are further refurbishment costs required for Ibrox estimated at ?15M, The wage bill has to be brought down by an estimated ?7M a year.

I could see him buying the newco, but baling out the club doesn't make sense, even for a man of his means.

87 million plus the new players budget say 13 million 100 million and the club is managed by the question of sport joker :whistling: who now choues gum like walter :lol::lol::lol:

marshallschunkychicken

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1256236/Property-tycoon-Andrew-Ellis-edges-ahead-way-fight-bag-Rangers.html

The end of the article talking about Dave King and him being done for tax fraud in SA is very interesting

"The SFA will have a role to play if and when any takeover is approved. Hampden rules now dictate any prospective director of a club has to pass a ?fit and proper person? test.

They also preclude anyone who has lost a directorship of a company within five years from entering Scottish football, while no existing links are allowed with any other club."

That really shows how farcical Scottish football is when they put rules in place, then don't bother giving them even a cursory glance when Rangers are involved. Did they even investigate Whyte, as it didn't seem like too much of a difficult task for a BBC team to find out his disqualification.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

PJ1 I know nothing about this possible takeover but have suspected for some time that, no matter what way the tax case pans out, Rangers could come out of it stronger than they went in. Someone with such massive wealth might be misguided enough to step in and 'save' a wonderfull despicable institution like Rangers with no actual concerns about profitablility. Everyone outside Rangers and their hordes have been hoping that their problems might lead to a great improvement in our game by weakening one of the games biggest 2 problems, but as we know, life's never like that, and Scottish football isn't designed to benefit the good guys.

This possible takeover by an extremely wealthy man isn't so much more improbable than Farmer's intervention to save Hibs, only on a much larger scale, with much greater possibility of gaining some return and a rise in stature within Scotand, ie as with Murray.

One flew over

McColl was rumoured to be making a bid in 2010, but was only providing advice to the Rangers Supporters Trust. And would maybe have provided some finance to them, but was not interested in owning Rangers.

He was a Partick Thistle fan previously, but got involved in going to Rangers games with some of the other big money men in the west, like Tom Hunter etc.

A quote from him that appeared in The Herald in March 2010 ?I have no interest in buying Rangers or having a financial involvement in Rangers.? Though that's not to say it wasn't all a smoke screen to cover for Whyte, or that he has changed his mind, but I think it's doubtfull he would buy Rangers and be the main man like Murray was.

I know this should not preclude him from attending Rangers games but I know with 100% certainty Tom Hunter is a Catholic.

I know this should not preclude him from attending Rangers games but I know with 100% certainty Tom Hunter is a Catholic.

:what:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

From Sir David Murray to Saint Thomas Aquinas Ibroxius! Would be almost worth it to see those bluenoses trying to live with that :lol:

FF,

If Jim McColl doesn't like Murray and refused to deal with him why would he be happy to sort out his debts/mess?

Sounds like wishful thing to me.

What school did he go to?

:ninja:

Can you imagine the sheer naked fury it would evoke from the Huns who are still living in the Dark-Age if a Pape(sic) was to buy Rangers ?

:greggy:

Can you imagine the sheer naked fury it would evoke from the Huns who are still living in the Dark-Age if a Pape(sic) was to buy Rangers ?

:greggy:

Anyone got a hotline to the Vatican??

Surely Pope Benedict 16th has some spare change kicking around that could save them from impending doom.

Can you imagine their faces then??

Hagar the Horrible

The Jim McColl thing has already been rubbished

Beside he still has to look after his veggies inb the beechgrove garden:-)

An interesting article on the Skysports site which explains what is going on at Rangers in some depth - makes you wonder why nobody in the Scottish media could publish this

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7453638/Rangers-feel-the-pinch

If you can read it without a grin slowly appearing on your face then your a better person than me!

An interesting article on the Skysports site which explains what is going on at Rangers in some depth - makes you wonder why nobody in the Scottish media could publish this

If you can read it without a grin slowly appearing on your face then your a better person than me!

Took your challenge...but failed. :)

can someone who has been following this tell me that the extra ?30M mentioned is or is not owed to whyte

Hagar the Horrible

Excelent article but what is missing is the fact the SFA/SPL failed to persue the allegation that he failed the fit and proper person test, That alone he should not be alowed to benefit from the financial gains from playing in Europe at the expense of those clubs who to whom their directors/owners have passed this test.

Stewart Ray-gun and Kneel Downcaster I await your verdict, why have the media not persued an anser to this rather than hit us with threats over failing to give out a few bob to some players?

Hagar the Horrible

can someone who has been following this tell me that the extra ?30M mentioned is or is not owed to whyte

?20m is to Whyte the other ?10m is to other creditors, us included! Wallace deal although payments are not due it is still down as a debt of future liabilities.

ALLEGEDLY this story breaking as we speak .............. more to follow .... Huns allegedly not paid their tax bill

If we are being charged by the SPL for not paying our players on time how come they can get away with this.

Quote from the Sky Sports Article.

Capita Trustees, which provides pension services to employers, had taken court action against Rangers in pursuit of an unpaid bill. It was seeking payment of what Capita's lawyer calls a "straightforward commercial debt for advisory services rendered". They agreed an out of court settlement.

Just a few weeks ago the PLUS stock exchange suspended trading in Rangers when the club was found to have failed to publish their audited accounts up to June 30 2011 or hold their AGM on time, therefore breaching the Companies Act (2006).

So why weren't the audited accounts published in time? The club say the delay is due to problems in finalising the audit: "Which the board believe will be completed on or around 31 January 2012. The delay in finalising the audit is principally related to the ongoing HMRC tax tribunal."

Surely this contravenes article 3.1?

This link if from a Phil MacGiollabhain site but regardless of his favourite team the radio clip of Daryll King (Herald Journalist) is very interesting.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/637325-rangers-players-had-2-contracts-says-king?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

He states that there was a supporting letter to Player contracts at Rangers that state the Club and not the player is eligible for tax. If this is true, and he must be confident of this if he claims it on Live Radio, then this is the smoking gun.

Did the SPL know? Did the SFA know?

If they did then they are accountable for letting Rangers break the law and they themselves could pulled into the whole affair that threatens Rangers.

If they didn't then Rangers have broken SFA and SPL rules in not furnishing them with the whole contract and so played in-eligible players for over a decade.

Either way its not good. (for the SPL, SFA and Rangers)

Sadly as much as I'd like Rangers to go to the wall I can't see it happening.

There is clearly a conflict of interest though that will prejudice any case.

queenger.jpg

This link if from a Phil MacGiollabhain site but regardless of his favourite team the radio clip of Daryll King (Herald Journalist) is very interesting.

http://audioboo.fm/b..._source=twitter

He states that there was a supporting letter to Player contracts at Rangers that state the Club and not the player is eligible for tax. If this is true, and he must be confident of this if he claims it on Live Radio, then this is the smoking gun.

If they did then they are accountable for letting Rangers break the law and they themselves could pulled into the whole affair that threatens Rangers.

If they didn't then Rangers have broken SFA and SPL rules in not furnishing them with the whole contract and so played in-eligible players for over a decade.

Made illegal payments ? Either way , I am now dreaming at the thought of Glasgow Taxdodgers being stripped of all league titles for said period. If only.

Hagar the Horrible

This is what PAOK got from Uefa it does have a concern for us which the SPKL could use against us, but now without hammering Rangers first~;

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has handed down penalties to Greek club PAOK FC in relation to violations of the UEFA club licensing regulations.

PAOK have been fined ?250,000, of which ?200,000 is suspended for a probationary period of three years. In addition, PAOK have been excluded from one UEFA club competition for which they qualify in the next three seasons. The exclusion is also suspended for a probationary period of three years.

PAOK must prove that, by 30 June 2012, they have no outstanding overdue financial obligations towards employees, tax authorities, social security institutions or other clubs arising from transfer agreements incurred before 30 June 2012. UEFA's competent body will ensure that PAOK comply with this order.

An appeal may be lodged against the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body's verdict within three days of the dispatch of the full written decision.

Bo appeal was made I beleive

Hagar the Horrible

http://audioboo.fm/boos/637325-rangers-players-had-2-contracts-says-king?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I am sure that King also admitted this

Francis Albert

This is what PAOK got from Uefa it does have a concern for us which the SPKL could use against us, but now without hammering Rangers first~;

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has handed down penalties to Greek club PAOK FC in relation to violations of the UEFA club licensing regulations.

PAOK have been fined ?250,000, of which ?200,000 is suspended for a probationary period of three years. In addition, PAOK have been excluded from one UEFA club competition for which they qualify in the next three seasons. The exclusion is also suspended for a probationary period of three years.

PAOK must prove that, by 30 June 2012, they have no outstanding overdue financial obligations towards employees, tax authorities, social security institutions or other clubs arising from transfer agreements incurred before 30 June 2012. UEFA's competent body will ensure that PAOK comply with this order.

An appeal may be lodged against the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body's verdict within three days of the dispatch of the full written decision.

Bo appeal was made I beleive

Do you mean SPL? I am not aware that anyone has suggested we have violated "club licensing regulations", have they? Surely an SFA not SPL issue anyway.

Excelent article but what is missing is the fact the SFA/SPL failed to persue the allegation that he failed the fit and proper person test, That alone he should not be alowed to benefit from the financial gains from playing in Europe at the expense of those clubs who to whom their directors/owners have passed this test.

Stewart Ray-gun and Kneel Downcaster I await your verdict, why have the media not persued an anser to this rather than hit us with threats over failing to give out a few bob to some players?

Because Regan and Doncaster are corrupt and Rangers and Celtic pay their wages.

Scottish football has went into even further decline during their watch.

Latest www.rangerstaxcase.com blog post following the story about the season ticket money:

The facts behind today?s Daily Record story will come as no surprise to the readers of this blog. It will come as even less of a surprise to the blog participants whose sterling work uncovered the Companies House filings and refined the analysis on which today?s story is based. In the local vernacular, ?chapeaux? to all concerned, but especially to: Don Dionisio; JohnBhoy; PaulieWalnuts; Onandonandon; and so many others. (I feel like an Oscar winner who has left out the names of several key people in an acceptance speech. Forgive me for the many omissions, but we will find a way to recognise other outstanding contributors in another post).

Archived