'Romanov's Battle for Hearts and Mind'

Jambothroughandthrough

Jambothroughandthrough

Read this yesterday, quite a good read!

Did it take you all of yesterday to read it?

I'm not even half way through. I could be here for a while

Jambothroughandthrough

Apology accepted.

:facepalm:

GC

I couldn't see that it was posted. I'm sure it will be removed then. No big deal. :thumbsup:

Depends how you look at it.... we have big debt blah blah blah

or

Vlad owes vlad money, he has wiped off around ?29m through debt swap schemes and while he is still here we will be safe. When he goes at worse we will be in the same condition as we were under the pieman. He has wiped off the interest every year on the debt (i think this is wihtin the ?29m figure)

We are probably in a safer position than most SPL clubs, so bit of a waste of a read when you really think of it... could of been a 1 line piece that said 'hearts finances, vlad does what vlad wants, and so far what he wants is fine'

Harry Palmer

I couldn't see that it was posted. I'm sure it will be removed then. No big deal. :thumbsup:

Think it was posted 2wks ago as dated. As you say no big deal.

Swiss Ramble usually does a blog each week, take a year to read but a good read.

He's an Arsenal fan so he's probably in hiding at the moment. :thumbsup:

Depends how you look at it.... we have big debt blah blah blah

or

Vlad owes vlad money, he has wiped off around ?29m through debt swap schemes and while he is still here we will be safe. When he goes at worse we will be in the same condition as we were under the pieman. He has wiped off the interest every year on the debt (i think this is wihtin the ?29m figure)

We are probably in a safer position than most SPL clubs, so bit of a waste of a read when you really think of it... could of been a 1 line piece that said 'hearts finances, vlad does what vlad wants, and so far what he wants is fine'

There is one key aspect where the financial position of the club is far worse than under the Pieman and that is the valuation of the key asset of the club - Tynecastle. Valuation will have slumped since Pieman's days.

The finances of UBIG are opaque and that is the issue which is of most concern with regard to the club's finances. If UBIG enters financial problems then so will Hearts.

I'm not going to lie... I skimmed over a lot ha!!

Francis Albert

There is one key aspect where the financial position of the club is far worse than under the Pieman and that is the valuation of the key asset of the club - Tynecastle. Valuation will have slumped since Pieman's days.

The finances of UBIG are opaque and that is the issue which is of most concern with regard to the club's finances. If UBIG enters financial problems then so will Hearts.

Just as well we escaped from the clutches of HBOS before they "entered financial problems".

Just as well we escaped from the clutches of HBOS before they "entered financial problems".

Not sure what your point is?

HBOS allowed Hearts to run up debts to the point where debts pretty closely equalled assets. Appalling and in line with their other appalling financial mismanagement right across football and in the wider bank which necessitated nationalisation. But by not allowing debts to go beyond asset levels it did mean that the Hearts business had options to continue in business i.e. to sell Tynecastle - even if the bank had foreclosed.

UBIG have allowed Hearts to run up debts to a point way in excess of assets. If UBIG enters financial distress their creditors could assume control of Hearts - and there are not enough assets to pay off those creditors. HBOS' financial information was available, UBIG's is not. Last time it was available, UBIG had a big balance sheet with lots of money owed to someone.

Francis Albert

Not sure what your point is?

HBOS allowed Hearts to run up debts to the point where debts pretty closely equalled assets. Appalling and in line with their other appalling financial mismanagement right across football and in the wider bank which necessitated nationalisation. But by not allowing debts to go beyond asset levels it did mean that the Hearts business had options to continue in business i.e. to sell Tynecastle - even if the bank had foreclosed.

UBIG have allowed Hearts to run up debts to a point way in excess of assets. If UBIG enters financial distress their creditors could assume control of Hearts - and there are not enough assets to pay off those creditors. HBOS' financial information was available, UBIG's is not. Last time it was available, UBIG had a big balance sheet with lots of money owed to someone.

My point was simply that yes we are at risk if UBIG go bust.

HBOS, but for the taxpayer bail out, did go bust and would have been under great pressure to foreclose on Hearts assets if we had at that point still owed them. I am not sure how different or much better a situation Hearts would have been in, with no Tynecastle and no assets in those circumstances, than we would be in the as yet hypothetical case of UBIG going bust and their creditors forcing the sale of Tynecastle. In either case Hearts would continue if there remained a viable business after foreclosure, and in either case would not if there wasn't.

Guess The Crowd

My point was simply that yes we are at risk if UBIG go bust.

HBOS, but for the taxpayer bail out, did go bust and would have been under great pressure to foreclose on Hearts assets if we had at that point still owed them. I am not sure how different or much better a situation Hearts would have been in, with no Tynecastle and no assets in those circumstances, than we would be in the as yet hypothetical case of UBIG going bust and their creditors forcing the sale of Tynecastle. In either case Hearts would continue if there remained a viable business after foreclosure, and in either case would not if there wasn't.

Your're absolutely correct.

I think we'd all accept that the long term future remains uncertain, but it abslolutely doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened to Hearts in 2008, given the club's existing sitation and the banking crisis of that year, at which HBOS was at the forefront.

Archived