Roy chubby brown

Muppetboy

Went to see him sat night in Blackpool, obviously offensive but very funny. Anyone else seen him live?

I saw him live regularly many years ago when he was first making his way around the clubs. He is very funny but don't take your maiden aunt along to the show with you.

Me and the missus seen him in Blackpool 3 yrs ago, it was the final night of his tour and the cameras were there.

He had us both in stitches...would definitely go see him again.

PsychocAndy

Seen him at the Playhouse about 20 years ago and was as funny as feck.

beefybathgate

Seen him at Newcastle town hall last year. Very funny man :thumbsup:

christhejambo

Saw him in Aberdeen a few years ago, and he was a bit disappointing. Prob wouldn't rush back to see him again

Probably the same gig as I saw and the place was crawling with wimmin. mw_confused.gif But he was funny to a group of half pissed guys.wink.gif

Im going to see him for the first time at the playhouse on friday. Watched a couple of videos of him from youtube so looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Saw him there round about then as well.

As far as blue comedians go, he's got the "blue" bit of it down to a fine art, but hasn't (IMO) quite grasped the concept that a comedian should be funny.

Radioactive Mince

His actual gags are a bit 'meh' but his daft songs are immense IMO.

His version of 'Deck the Halls' or whatever it's called from 'Merry ****in' Xmas'? still makes me laugh thinking about it.

"Tell the little counts there's nowt for Christmas. Tell them it's cancelled - you've got no dough. Tell them that Santa Claus is HIV positive. Tell them he was killed on the ****in' M4".

Just a vile human being, not shy of lifting his hands to a woman either, including one of his ex wives iirc.

I like an offensive comedian, I'm looking forward to going to see Jerry Sadowitz a week on Friday, so it's not that I'm precious about it, but when Chubby Brown tells the joke it has an edge, like he means it, it's not ironic, it's kind of how he actually feels.

Just a vile human being, not shy of lifting his hands to a woman either, including one of his ex wives iirc.

I like an offensive comedian, I'm looking forward to going to see Jerry Sadowitz a week on Friday, so it's not that I'm precious about it, but when Chubby Brown tells the joke it has an edge, like he means it, it's not ironic, it's kind of how he actually feels.

Sadowitz is excellent,some quality magic thrown in as well.

Also seen Chubbs at the playhouse 20 odd years ago.Funny as feck,but recently seen one of his shows on dvd.His act hasnt aged well at all.

Denny Crane

Is he still doing the ill-informed "**** em" rants about asylum seekers?

seen chubby around my 17th birthday in april 1990 at the playhouse.

funny as feck , probably my favourite comedian of all time.

and who can forget the classic songs like "dolly partons tits"and"the back scuttle".

pure comedy quality

Do The Dance

Watched a couple of youtube videos of him after reading this thread. This is exactly what it is, also the nodding of heads and clapping in the audience is pretty sad.

Archived