road to recovery...a small step

Debut 4

Was today. Why? we looked like a team who wanted to hang on desperately to what we had.

Don`t get me wrong, i wasn`t particularly pleased with our football from about the half hour mark onwards, but we kept digging for eachother until the last whistle and this was what was missing from the first part of the season.

We played really well for the first 20-25, and it was probably when the best football was played duroing the game.

It descended into Hibs huffing and puffing while Hearts nervously fought every ball to hold onto our lead.

Its understandable to an extent. We forget we are a team toiling and we expected Hearts to stemaroller Hibs, it wasn`t going to happen.

Hearts went back to basics. We dug in and fought. We have the football in the team but some players still don`t have it and others still haven`t recovered their full confidence which makes it all more a pleasurable result.

MON THE HEARTS;)

Victor Meldrew

Most runs of poor form end with a scrappy win. It sounds as if we dug in and got the 3 points. I think this will give the team the confidence to make progress. Particulary now we've kept a clean sheet for once!

Was today. Why? we looked like a team who wanted to hang on desperately to what we had.

Don`t get me wrong, i wasn`t particularly pleased with our football from about the half hour mark onwards, but we kept digging for eachother until the last whistle and this was what was missing from the first part of the season.

We played really well for the first 20-25, and it was probably when the best football was played duroing the game.

It descended into Hibs huffing and puffing while Hearts nervously fought every ball to hold onto our lead.

Its understandable to an extent. We forget we are a team toiling and we expected Hearts to stemaroller Hibs, it wasn`t going to happen.

Hearts went back to basics. We dug in and fought. We have the football in the team but some players still don`t have it and others still haven`t recovered their full confidence which makes it all more a pleasurable result.

MON THE HEARTS;)

Fair points Debut......we deserved to win the game - JUST - but that 2nd half performance is why we are down the bottom of the table:o

Fair points Debut......we deserved to win the game - JUST - but that 2nd half performance is why we are down the bottom of the table:o

I agree, but what is the problem CJ? Is it mentality? i think it is because what else can it be? Does this pose a question over some of our supposed better players?

You could see a bit of confidence come back to them during the Killie game, and even more against Motherwell.

You are absolutely correct to say they looked nervous but considering how often we've throw leads away in the last half hour recently I'm not surprised.

They'll take a lot out of shutting the game out and I expect us to take off now that we've got that win under our belts.

MON THE HEARTS;)

Agree with everthing you say. The bit in bold, that is always going to happen we're a team who hadnt won for ten weeks and here we had a chance to win a derby to stop the rot, nerves played a part, the fight and desire though was top class.

Agree with everthing you say. The bit in bold, that is always going to happen we're a team who hadnt won for ten weeks and here we had a chance to win a derby to stop the rot, nerves played a part, the fight and desire though was top class.

Yip, and that`s where the players had to be strong. We had to break down barriers, we had to get back the mentality that we COULD actually win a game of football. Strip all the money away and all the luxuries a footballer has, and you`ll find they suffer the same mental and physical strains as any other human being.

I think we forget that.

You could see a bit of confidence come back to them during the Killie game, and even more against Motherwell.

You are absolutely correct to say they looked nervous but considering how often we've throw leads away in the last half hour recently I'm not surprised.

They'll take a lot out of shutting the game out and I expect us to take off now that we've got that win under our belts.

I hope so. Frail seems to have defo got back the work ethic and fight required but it`ll still take a long run of results to convince the fans.

MON THE HEARTS;)

Absolutely spot on. I thought the performances against Killie and Motherwell were better, more exciting, but the result was the main thing at the end of the day.

A win and a clean sheet.

I think the big difference has been consistancy of selection lately. Suddenly we are not turning up to find a crazy decision such as top striker benched, goalie changed for no obvious reason or chezny having vladflu for about 14 months. Players need to gel and have consistancy with changes only happening due to injuries or poor form. Lets not kid ourselves we do need full backs and a partner for Velicka IMO but selecting a consistant team with what we have got is helping. We have done a wee sweep since the start of the season to pick the team and none of us have got it 100% correct yet but the days of being maybe 5 players out are gone hopefully for good and I was only one player wrong yesterday picking audrey to play wi Velicka where shaggy put Jonsson back in.

In a few games this season we've played well early on and failed to capitalise because we did not turn our superiority into goals.

Yesterday was all about getting over the winning line and we managed it. We were in danger of forgetting what a win was.

You'll never hear me complaining on the day after we hump the vermin.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Since Frail has taken over I've definately noticed more fight and spirit in the team. We'll still get top 6

Archived