Zaliukas

Le Chat

Christ if a forward misses a few chances its due to great defending or bad luck, if a defender squanders marking for a goal he's mince, no matter what he does for the remainder of the game.

(Disclaimer unless you are Nade or C Elliot) - which is fair play.

Zali indeed has parts of his game to improve, however reckon I could say that for every player on the park with possibly the only exception being Kello.

Who was also P&sh when he debuted against hibs and was substituted at half time.

(edit)If I remember correctly due to concussion but ffs not really an excuse, can of red bull and sorted.

Konrad von Carstein

We lost 1-0 and lost that goal because Zal didn't do a basic part of his job. The team was not pish by any stretch of the imagination.

Disagree....the TEAM was pish today...Zal provided TWO opportunities for us to score...carry on though...

Did anyone else see the bit when he went down in our box, but instead of trying to win the ball back when Dundee Utd had it, he started moaning at the ref?

He's a liability who loses concentration far too often.

Disagree....the TEAM was pish today...Zal provided TWO opportunities for us to score...carry on though...

You disagree that Zaliukas was to blame for the goal? Have you seen the goal?unsure.gif

We were the better side for large parts of the game. Zal is a defender not a creative midfielder if he concentrated on doing that maybe he would cut out the basic errors he makes. 2 SPL games we have lost 2 goals and he has had a hand in both. Never mind though keep counting the great passes he makes. blink.gif

Konrad von Carstein

You disagree that Zaliukas was to blame for the goal? Have you seen the goal?unsure.gif

Errr....no....I;m disagreeing that Zal cost us the game today (realises this argument is weakened already) he made an error that cost us a goal but provided a couple of good chances to score, which on another day would have been converted

That aside the team played poorly today, unless of course you can persaude me otherwise...it's a team game

Thunderstruck

If you read JJ's comments, you will see that Zal has accepted responsibility for losing his man at the goal. That's fair enough but it doesn't stop the anti-Zal brigade/axis/cabal from letting rip - something that they do with predictable monotony, win, lose or draw and irrespective of whether he has a good game or not. They are easy to spot - they trot out the hackneyed "bombscare" and "he costs us a goal a game". Curiously, they are not so effusive when asked to itemise the goals he has "cost us".

Konrad von Carstein

If you read JJ's comments, you will see that Zal has accepted responsibility for losing his man at the goal. That's fair enough but it doesn't stop the anti-Zal brigade/axis/cabal from letting rip - something that they do with predictable monotony, win, lose or draw and irrespective of whether he has a good game or not. They are easy to spot - they trot out the hackneyed "bombscare" and "he costs us a goal a game". Curiously, they are not so effusive when asked to itemise the goals he has "cost us".

Good post and as is the fashion on here...THIS x infinity

Errr....no....I;m disagreeing that Zal cost us the game today (realises this argument is weakened already) he made an error that cost us a goal but provided a couple of good chances to score, which on another day would have been converted

That aside the team played poorly today, unless of course you can persaude me otherwise...it's a team game

Correct. When you lose 1-0 and the other team's goal is an error by one individual, then it is fair to say that had he done his job, United wouldn't have scored that goal. Given you agree that it was his error, I'd say it's fairly conclusive.

When Zaliukas has a bad game, you can be sure that Thunderstruck will turn up.

Serious question T, are you....

1: Marius Zaliukas

2: Marius Zaliukas' agent

3: Marius Zaliukas' mate/family member

4: A Lithuanian that bristles at any criticism of Lithuanian players due to the long since gone "Liff" days

?

Konrad von Carstein

Correct. When you lose 1-0 and the other team's goal is an error by one individual, then it is fair to say that had he done his job, United wouldn't have scored that goal. Given you agree that it was his error, I'd say it's fairly conclusive.

4: A Lithuanian that bristles at any criticism of Lithuanian players due to the long since gone "Liff" days

?

I'd say you were being a lazy in your conclusion, this lazyness being directly attributable to who we are dicussing ...you have declined to comment on the good things he did today, only to be let down by JKB's pet players, your response to Thunderstruck kinda backs this up.

He made one mistake and is rightly pulled up for it, strangely the rest of the team is let off for being gash by the JKB Champ Man elite

The Old Tolbooth

Completely lost Daly for the goal today after completely losing him seconds earlier for the chance that the corner came from.

Where did this myth that he is a good defender come from ?

He's shit.

100% agree, the guy's a holocaust of a footballer, wish to feck he'd just do one!

Thunderstruck

?

Playground stuff - is that really the best you can do!

I would suggest that question 4 speaks volumes about your conscious or subconscious prejudices.

I'd say you were being a lazy in your conclusion, this lazyness being directly attributable to who we are dicussing ...you have declined to comment on the good things he did today, only to be let down by JKB's pet players, your response to Thunderstruck kinda backs this up.

He made one mistake and is rightly pulled up for it, strangely the rest of the team is let off for being gash by the JKB Champ Man elite

"JKB's pet players?" :rofl:

Who would they be? Is there a list I can consult? Frankly, I can only think of Kello and Grainger that have not been roundly criticised on this forum, is that the list?

Actually, it is YOUR laziness that is clear. "It's a team game" is clearly debunked when understanding that a team is only as strong as it's individuals. We lost one goal that was Zaliukas' fault, therefore, had he not made that mistake we wouldn't have conceded that goal. Do you want me to do the maths for you?

As for the rest of the team being let off, I can only assume that you have only read the one thread, Konrad. That can be the only way you have escaped me and others on JKB criticise the performance of (and not all of these are me) McGowan, Jonsson, Zaliukas, Mrowiec, Black, Templeton, Obua, Elliott & Sutton. Not to mention Jim Jefferies getting criticised. I am commenting on Zaliukas and Zaliukas alone on the, yup, you guessed it, Zaliukas thread. Go to any of the other threads to see what I and other forum members thought of the respective individual performances.

You made a Horlicks of it and are trying to cover your trail, it would have been easier and more graceful to back out then, instead you are just digging deeper.

Poor Konrad. :(

Playground stuff - is that really the best you can do!

I would suggest that question 4 speaks volumes about your conscious or subconscious prejudices.

I note you didn't answer, Marius.thumbsup.gif

Forgive me if I ignore your suggestions about my conscious and subconscious, ta.

Thunderstruck

I note you didn't answer, Marius.thumbsup.gif

Forgive me if I ignore your suggestions about my conscious and subconscious, ta.

Tut, tut-denial- you really should confront your demons.

Konrad von Carstein

"JKB's pet players?" :rofl:

Who would they be? Is there a list I can consult? Frankly, I can only think of Kello and Grainger that have not been roundly criticised on this forum, is that the list?

Actually, it is YOUR laziness that is clear. "It's a team game" is clearly debunked when understanding that a team is only as strong as it's individuals. We lost one goal that was Zaliukas' fault, therefore, had he not made that mistake we wouldn't have conceded that goal. Do you want me to do the maths for you?

As for the rest of the team being let off, I can only assume that you have only read the one thread, Konrad. That can be the only way you have escaped me and others on JKB criticise the performance of (and not all of these are me) McGowan, Jonsson, Zaliukas, Mrowiec, Black, Templeton, Obua, Elliott & Sutton. Not to mention Jim Jefferies getting criticised. I am commenting on Zaliukas and Zaliukas alone on the, yup, you guessed it, Zaliukas thread. Go to any of the other threads to see what I and other forum members thought of the respective individual performances.

You made a Horlicks of it and are trying to cover your trail, it would have been easier and more graceful to back out then, instead you are just digging deeper.

Poor Konrad. :(

Aaaaand breathe!

Many holes in the above that quite frankly I cant be arsed with...you want to blame Zal, fill your boots.

Oh an Konrad is quite happy thanks very much, it's a message board as one fat canary once said, try not to take this pish too seriously :lol:

Tut, tut-denial- you really should confront your demons.

Ha!

That's it, I need to go to counselling to firstly release the inner LIFF hater and face it. With help (and no more Zaliukas in a Hearts jersey) I'll get through it.

Aaaaand breathe!

Many holes in the above that quite frankly I cant be arsed with...you want to blame Zal, fill your boots.

Oh an Konrad is quite happy thanks very much, it's a message board as one fat canary once said, try not to take this pish too seriously :lol:

That much is abundantly clear with your postings. :laugh:

C'mon, Konrad, give's a cuddle.

The Old Tolbooth

That much is abundantly clear with your postings. :laugh:

C'mon, Konrad, give's a cuddle.

There's a flipping lot to cuddle! :ninja:

:D

Toxteth O'Grady

His mistakes for a near miss and a goal aside.

The longer he has on the ball the worse he looks. He has a very slow footballing brain and couldn't pass water.

Utter garbage.

david mcgee

Cant believe people on here saying it was his only mistake.

Where were you when United pumped a hopeful ball into the box? Obua was about to head clear when Zal shouts for him to leave it to him, Obua leaves it for Zal to promptly head it into the back of Obuas head.

The ball breaks to a Utd player at the edge of the box, he steps inside the box where Mrowiec brings him down for a stonewall penalty.

Ref bottles it and gives a free kick on the edge of the box.

Another all to frequent Zal abberation.

SO one mistake makes him piss? the only play who look to take responsibility and bring the ball out and played some cracking balls for danny in the first half!

The defence had feck all to do, i really can't understand why Eggy and Zal are getting pelters after today. please tell me what he did wrong as i must have being at the wrong game!

You not see him lose Naismith last week either?

Their free kick that hit the bar also come from him attempting to heading the ball only for it to hit off his nose.

His ability is summed up when during the first half he fell on his arse and almost took Daly out.

Thunderstruck

The ball breaks to a Utd player at the edge of the box, he steps inside the box where Mrowiec brings him down for a stonewall penalty.

Ref bottles it and gives a free kick on the edge of the box.

Did the rules change during the summer? Can a penalty be awarded for an outrageous dive outside the box after Mroviec cleanly got the ball.

Big Zal is guilty of 2 things on a fairly regular basis:

1. He looks / jumps at the man not the ball when defending. The goal today and the penalty he have away against Sodje at Easter Road being 2 examples. The next corner we have to defend, keep your eye on Zal to see where I'm coming from - he is lucky not to concede penalties most weeks as he grapples with his direct opponent as the ball comes in.

2. Chronic lapses in concentration, there were a couple today and his pass for the first Celtic goal in the stormy encounter at Tynie towards the end of last season, for example.

If he manages to cut down / eradicate both of these 2 "bad habits", he has the makings of a decent central defender. If he doesn't, the "bombscare" tag will be more than justified.

Drylaw Hearts

Never been a fan tbh.

Too often he makes really stupids mistakes or switches off.

Today he tried to get things going from the back which was admirable but he was directly at fault for the goal that cost us the game.

Big Zal is guilty of 2 things on a fairly regular basis:

1. He looks / jumps at the man not the ball when defending. The goal today and the penalty he have away against Sodje at Easter Road being 2 examples. The next corner we have to defend, keep your eye on Zal to see where I'm coming from - he is lucky not to concede penalties most weeks as he grapples with his direct opponent as the ball comes in.

2. Chronic lapses in concentration, there were a couple today and his pass for the first Celtic goal in the stormy encounter at Tynie towards the end of last season, for example.

If he manages to cut down / eradicate both of these 2 "bad habits", he has the makings of a decent central defender. If he doesn't, the "bombscare" tag will be more than justified.

Ian, on point one, he did the exact same at Ibrox last week on Naismith when he was shielding the ball for Kello to pick up. In slow motion I thought we were lucky not to be facing a penalty.

On point two, he fills me with no confidence. Everytime he idles on the ball I think a howler is coming.

scott_jambo

Never been a fan tbh.

Too often he makes really stupids mistakes or switches off.

Today he tried to get things going from the back which was admirable but he was directly at fault for the goal that cost us the game.

Fair summation.

Gigolo-Aunt

Good player who is prone to having "moments" now and again.

Frustrating as have witnessed him snuff out some very decent players in his time in Scotland.

Do you not think the rest of the team have to be questioned as to why a ball sent in at 6ft in the air makes it all the way to the penalty spot unchallenged....is that all down to Zal?

Defenders lose goals.

If it was not for Zal we would have no one to drive us forward and set up goal opportunities. Black and Obua are not going to do that in the positions they were asked to play today.

Zal was not great today and played a major part in their goal, but wad nkt solely responsible. Whilst he had poor passes he also had a couple of cracking passes.

Just watched goal again and Jonsson and Grainger watch it go past them whilst the both mark one man.

NewYorkJambo

Zaliukas is a complete liability. He cost Hearts the game yesterday and he will cost them future games.

He's not quite Titus Bramble but he is in the same bracket. You could collect a highlight reel over a few matches where he looked amazing, but within the same few matches you could single out some horrendous blunders.

The Treasurer

Can't be bothered reading through 3 pages of the usual predictable crap that appears after any defeat, so I'll just add my own tuppence worth.

At Ibrox and in Hungary Zal was outstanding, no question.

He lost his man for the goal yesterday, no question.

So to sum up, in 3 competitive matches so far he's made one admittedly costly blunder and for that reason the knee-jerk posse want to run him out of town. :blink:

Personally I agree that he makes mistakes and is too casual at times but he's still one of the top defenders in the SPL and is a good leader on the field constantly organising and talking to his team mates. Therefore if he was dropped and/or sold I believe that the team would be weaker as a result.

Northernsoulboy01

Zaliukas is a complete liability. He cost Hearts the game yesterday and he will cost them future games.

Its 'us',not 'them'.

Heres Rixxy

He has cost us both league goals conceded so far this season, and possibly 4 points. This does not bode well...

Heres Rixxy

No chance he was at fault against Rangers!

FFS, McGowan lost the ball on the half way line, Jonsson had to come across to fill that gap leaving his man (Naismith), Zaliukas was marking Jelavic and came off him at the last minute to try and get to Naismith.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure Zal got caught marking nobody in the box though didn't he? On my phone so cant view it back now.

Zal is a good player and a good defender, but ffs he needs to learn to focus and not switch off. Totally lost Daly for the goal and a free header in your own box is just unacceptable at this level. he was tasked as Daly's market so it's not a zonal marking problem, it was Zals man and Zal did'nt concentrate on his job.

I hope he gets is sorted; Captains need to lead by example!

Heres Rixxy

No, I think you'll find my summation was bang on the cash.

JJ said afterwards it was a mistake by McGowan and one he'll learn from. Blaming Zaliukas is just a god awful attempt at propping up a thin argument.

Fair enough, like I said I can't watch it back right now but I remembered thinking that at the time. I don't think Gowser should take the blame though; losing possession on the half way line shouldn't necessarily result in losing a goal

Tynecastle Valhalla

how can he be man of hte match when he didn't mark his man for the goal?

dundee utd scored from that and won the game.

He is regularly the guy who is to blame for losing someone at a set play or when a cross comes into the box and he is invariably, nowhere near the player he is supposed (and will have been instructed) to pick up. Off the top of my head, he lost Stokes at ER two seasons ago when we drew 1 - 1, when he switched off and there were various examples last season. I recall ICT scoring at Tynie last season when he lost his man as well at a free kick - this is defending your box at its most basic level and a lot of the time, it seems beyond him. He isnt a man marker and we have had far more effective 'defenders' of the penalty box than him down the years. I suspect he is a guy who wont listen and thinks he knows more than anyone else, the proof is in puding for me and at the moment he is costing us far too often.

Archived