***The Official Betting Thread***

The Merse

Say What Again

Bad news for the Marseille backers tonight. Yep, I'm on.

I shouldn't jinx any other teams though as my bets are a very random mix tonight (inc handicaps, under/over, win to nil - from CL, Scotland & Poland).

Anyway, reassuring to see I am not alone after PO's full mortage job which managed 0 correct. I feel your pain. :lol:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Statto

• Homme

• Say What Again

• Ryan Gosling

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everybody loves Baz

Made a monumental ****** up tonight,

I only meant to bet a fiver tonight but I forgot to withdraw winnings from the account for the other night.

Anyway instead of a fiver it's now fifty quid laugh.gif

Upside is, if it comes in I'll be up ?422 instead of ?42 thumbsup.gif

teams are, Chelsea, Barca, Celtic-1 Arsenal & Valencia

Anyone know what happens when a match is abandoned?

Zenit match has been suspended due to flares being chucked on the pitch.

Edited by The Merse

Think it has to be played within 48 hours and if not the bet is voided/refunded/removed from a coupon.

Cheers.

Game back on now anyway, think my best hope was an abandonment, Zenit have been gash!

Problem Officer?

Anyway, reassuring to see I am not alone after PO's full mortage job which managed 0 correct. I feel your pain. :lol:

Haha. I never put it on in the end thankfully because I couldn't be arsed heading to the bookies once I heard on Sky Sports News that Napoli were unbeaten in their last 10 home European games. :lol:

The Champions League groups are a bit of a minefield really, you're best doing both teams to score etc for it.

Edited by Problem Officer?

Problem Officer?

I only meant to bet a fiver tonight but I forgot to withdraw winnings from the account for the other night.

:arry:

Everything is going right for you with 20 minutes left.

Currently on!

Say What Again

Bad news for the Marseille backers tonight. Yep, I'm on.

I shouldn't jinx any other teams though as my bets are a very random mix tonight (inc handicaps, under/over, win to nil - from CL, Scotland & Poland).

Oh FFS, I don't believe this. :angry:

Tried a new tactic and didn't post the others on the thread.

Under 2.5 goals Zenit game finished 0-0

Legia Warsaw (-1) won 3-0

Celtic to win to nil - currently 2-0 with 5 mins to go.

The one I did post on the fecking thread has just gone 0-1 down.

I'm getting sick of this. :(

EDIT: Don't feel quite as bad now, Dunfermline have scored too. Hopefully they get another.

Edited by Jack of Hearts

Problem Officer?

Dortmund will not beat Arsenal, I'll tell you that right now. :thumbsup:

They beat Bayern away at the weekend.

They have a good side and are desperate for points, even though Arsenal have picked up a lot of points recently they still seem very vulnerable to me.

I'm not sure whether I'll back Dortmund or not but I definitely won't be backing Arsenal.

:verysmug:

Problem Officer?

Chelsea are definitely the team I wouldn't have been backing tonight out of the two English clubs, purely going by Arsenal's great form at the moment (or Robin van Persie's form :whistling:) and Chelsea's bad form. :smuggy:

Chelsea are definitely the team I wouldn't have been backing tonight out of the two English clubs, purely going by Arsenal's great form at the moment (or Robin van Persie's form :whistling:) and Chelsea's bad form. :smuggy:

Where was this opinion 90 minutes ago :sob:.

I was out at the shops 90 minutes ago, sorry.

:jjyay:

Unlucky for me :(.

I don't know why I like betting so much....it would seem I'm not very good at it.

Problem Officer?

Unlucky for me :(.

I don't know why I like betting so much....it would seem I'm not very good at it.

I do it because it makes the fixtures more exciting when you have something riding on it, especially most weeks when Hearts are away - you can just chill and watch Gillette Soccer Saturday - and if you win some money then it's even better. :thumbsup:

I try hard to never spend more than ?10 per week in the bookies, though.

I do it because it makes the fixtures more exciting when you have something riding on it, especially most weeks when Hearts are away - you can just chill and watch Gillette Soccer Saturday - and if you win some money then it's even better. :thumbsup:

I try hard to never spend more than ?10 per week in the bookies, though.

Aye, it's actually still enjoyable...especially the feeling of winning like you said.

I'm the same, but even tighter, I deposit a tenner a month, and that's me...so even if I win nothing, I get my money's worth through the excitement I think.

Cardiff City to beat Blackburn in the Carling Cup next mid-week in Cardiff is 8/5.

Liverpool to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on the same night is 17/4.

(13/1 double)

Manchester City to beat Liverpool this weekend has drifted to 13/8 (from 7/5), likely due to their Champions League loss midweek. I still really fancy Man City to continue their run of domestic victories, since their 2-2 draw with Fulham in September, they have won all 9 of their Premier League or Carling Cup matches.

A final tip for this weekend, Cheltenham Town are 11/4 to win at Oxford (8/11 Cheltenham or draw is a good price for accumulator bets)

Cheltenham are currently 3rd in League two, they have won 7 of their last 8 league fixtures. Away from home, they are currently on a 6 game winning streak in all competitions.

Oxford are 9th, they have lost their last 4 matches, their last wins came at the end of October beating mid-table Port Vale 2-1 and bottom of the table Plymouth 5-1, both at home. Oxford DO have a very strong home record, but recent form suggests they could be struggling at the moment. Almost 3/1 is a big price IMO.

Manchester City to beat Liverpool this weekend has drifted to 13/8 (from 7/5), likely due to their Champions League loss midweek. I still really fancy Man City to continue their run of domestic victories, since their 2-2 draw with Fulham in September, they have won all 9 of their Premier League or Carling Cup matches.

I will be all over this like a rash. Liverpool mugged Chelsea on Sunday and what I saw of the game after my work, I thought they looked pretty poor. 13/8 ia a stonking bet.

On a sadder note - will I ever get my goal fest bet up. All 5 games up on Saturday, Stoke v QPR, Birmingham v Peterborough, Nott'm Forest v Ipswich, Reading v Cardiff & Tranmere v Sheff Wed. Waiting on Leicester v Crystal Palace on Sunday score 3-0 Leicester. Gutted, it paid 30/1. Not the first time one team has let me down on this bet, Ahhh! To make matters worse, I only normally do 5 games; not sure why I did 6 games on Saturday before going up to Dundee, must have been in a hurry. Doh!

Amoruso_lets_it_run

A final tip for this weekend, Cheltenham Town are 11/4 to win at Oxford (8/11 Cheltenham or draw is a good price for accumulator bets)

Cheltenham are currently 3rd in League two, they have won 7 of their last 8 league fixtures. Away from home, they are currently on a 6 game winning streak in all competitions.

Oxford are 9th, they have lost their last 4 matches, their last wins came at the end of October beating mid-table Port Vale 2-1 and bottom of the table Plymouth 5-1, both at home. Oxford DO have a very strong home record, but recent form suggests they could be struggling at the moment. Almost 3/1 is a big price IMO.

Very sound advice. I live in Cheltenham and have been to about 5 of their games this season. They're a genuinely decent side for the level they play at. They are also wearing maroon this season to mark their 125th anniversary (Ruby actually but looks maroon to me!)

Just put a fiver on Cheltenham or Draw at 4/5 with Hills

Everybody loves Baz

[email protected]/1 on Stoke Sheff Utd early k-o double.

And another 6fold which I can't remember ? Man U, Spurs, MK Dons, Sheff Wed, Southampton and Celtic I think? About 24s

I couldn't see any decent, stand-out bets, so I've just gone for something stupid:

Stoke v Blackburn

Man United v Newcastle

Norwich v QPR

Pays out about a billion to one, but then you'd expect it to.

Am hoping that Stoke's form continues to be poor, and Blackburn get the win they've been threatening to, Man U are hungover from Euro performance, struggling for goals a little, so a sneaky 1-0 for the Geordies, and QPR on a reasonable run of form, but of course so are Norwich....

3 doubles, one treble, bye bye 20 quid....

Edited by naeclue

Problem Officer?

I'm absolutely :seething:.

At the game, going by the scores at the time when my mate checked I was sure my five-fold coupon was completely humped.

Then when I checked the BBC when I got in I found out that Spurs, Cardiff, Notts County, and Swindon had all won in the end. But Gillingham drew at home to Bradford who are completely woeful.

One game from five when I don't usually put more than four teams on has done me out of almost ?100 from a fiver - which would have been my third winning bet in a row and put me up about ?200 for the season.

:seething: :seething: :seething:

Cardiff City to beat Blackburn in the Carling Cup next mid-week in Cardiff is 8/5.

Liverpool to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on the same night is 17/4.

(13/1 double)

1/1

Cheltenham

:verysmug:

I'm waiting on Man City for ?1800.

:verysmug: :verysmug:

Small lay me thinks.

What do we think? I'm looking at ?1800 if Man City win, I'm thinking of backing Liverpool/draw to guarantee some sort of return if Man City fail to win.

Liverpool 13/8

Draw 12/5

Liverpool/draw double chance 11/20

The double chance odds are quite short so you'd have to place a large percentage of your potential returns to guarantee a decent chunk back.

I don't think City will get beaten today, backing the draw on it's own is a risk if City do lose, you also lose what you've placed on the draw. By betting an additional 62% on Liverpool, it covers the loss on the draw bet if Liverpool win.

Eg. ?100 on the draw, ?62 on Liverpool.

?2.75 profit if Liverpool win.

?178 profit if it's a draw.

?1,662.16 profit if Man City win.

(*profit excluding original stakes)

I'm actually better placing ?105 on Liverpool/draw (returns ?162.75) and ?57 on the draw (returns ?193.80),

If Liverpool win = ?0.75

If it's a draw = ?194.55

If Man City win = ?1,662.16

Couple of pounds less for Liverpool, ?16.55 more from the draw doing it this way. :thumbsup:

Any opinions?

It depends how much you've staked TBH.

If you've staked large I'd just do a bet to guarantee my stake back and free roll for the rest.

It depends how much you've staked TBH.

If you've staked large I'd just do a bet to guarantee my stake back and free roll for the rest.

I put a single on Man City weeks ago and I've got 2 accumulators rolling over from yesterday (one ?10 - 60/1, the other ?30 - 27/1).

?80 would cover the 2 accumulators (?44).

I don't see the point in laying for the full amount because I'd effectively be betting against my original single bet.

I might just do this and possibly have a bet in-play if Man City are a goal up with 20-30 minutes to go. I'd hate for a killer-goal late on.

Cheers for the advice!

Napoleon  Wilson

My free bet betting spree continues this week with ?50 on Man City @ 6/4 courtesy of Paddy Power

Got ?50 free to spend for next weekend :thumbsup:

Napoleon  Wilson

My free bet betting spree continues this week with ?50 on Man City @ 6/4 courtesy of Paddy Power

Got ?50 free to spend for next weekend :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Say What Again

:(

My dreadful run of luck continues. I had:

Hearts

Sheff Wed

Swindon

Norwich

Arsenal

I also did 7 games both teams to score. 6 of them up and Motherwell v Utd. :down:

Had an absolutely disastrous weekend.

I have backed Barca 5 times this season and they haven't won fecking once.

Unreal.

Followed that up by some awful betting on Sunday where I stuck an odds on treble to recoup and all three teams lost in pretty much top v bottom encounters :facepalm:

Chasing my tail tonight.

Have stuck on:

Blackburn 15/8

West Ham 15/8

Luton 2/5

Cambridge 1/2

Pays about 20/1.

Sexton Hardcastle

Apparently Arsenal and City are both playing the youngsters.

Hopefully City include some senior players as they have a huge squad who need game time.

• davemclaren unpinned this topic