Players in the 'hole'

Coco

Our formation for this season suggests that we need a Francisco Totti type of player in the hole.

So far we have tried Ksnavicius, Elliot, Velicka, Stewart and Palazuelos (today). Any others? None of them are any good at it! We saw earlier this season when Stewart tried to play with his back to goal and he can't do it.

Overrated player.

Ah but crap players look crap in a crap team, what will he look like when with the famous JTs? :rolleyes:

Guess The Crowd
Our formation for this season suggests that we need a Francisco Totti type of player in the hole.

So far we have tried Ksnavicius, Elliot, Velicka, Stewart and Palazuelos (today). Any others? None of them are any good at it! We saw earlier this season when Stewart tried to play with his back to goal and he can't do it.

Cesnauskis could play there perhaps?

Cesnauskis could play there perhaps?

I said that last week in the suggested themes threads. He is the one who fits the bill most for me, can turn off either foot and can link the play probably better than the others.

Pinilla ;)

c'mon guys y'know it can only be Kingston....imagine todays team with wee K in place of Stewart...mind boggling :)

I think Ksanavicius would play really well there if we had 2 stikers and not one. Unfortunately I don't think we should sacrifice any defenders to be able to play 2 strikers and him in the hole.

I think wallace would be an exceptional box to box midfielder

apparently he's got a good shot, according to the crowd anyway

The Puppeteer
c'mon guys y'know it can only be Kingston....imagine todays team with wee K in place of Stewart...mind boggling :)

An excellent point. Chesney and Driver were switching round a lot today and with Kingston playing the hole those three would cause teams all sort of problems. We need better cover in the attacking midfield positions though.

Shame Stewart had a bug today, even though he did pretty well in the first half. If he was a 100% I think we would have controlled the game even better than we did and probably killed it off a lot earlier.

IMO Stewart was picked there for yesterdays game to do a job on Beuzelin as much as to play a part in our attacks. He may not have had his best game for us, but by playing in the same areas as beuzelin he stopped him getting on the ball as much as he normally does, hence cancelling out the hobos best midfielder. Good tactics IMO.

IMO Stewart was picked there for yesterdays game to do a job on Beuzelin as much as to play a part in our attacks. He may not have had his best game for us, but by playing in the same areas as beuzelin he stopped him getting on the ball as much as he normally does, hence cancelling out the hobos best midfielder. Good tactics IMO.

yep spot on....well done Shaggy :)

We desperately need a goal scoring attacking midfielder like Paul Hartley or Colin Cameron. Unfortunately we haven't had that type of player since Hartley left.

How about miko. He is quick and tricky, plays off both feet and can shoot with both feet as well I have long thought he could be the new Hartley.

Archived