?1.5M & JJ calls you to ask the question ...

Armageddon

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm still thinking ... you can all start if you have names!

JJ is not going to get a penny of the ?1.5million , he knows it and 99.99% of Hearts fans know it

Pointless thread

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

JJ is not going to get a penny of the ?1.5million , he knows it and 99.99% of Hearts fans know it

Pointless thread

How can a hypothetical situation be rendered pointless by the fact it's not going to happen in real life :interesting:

Oh, I better go, JJ's ringing.

Pointless thread

Haha ... of course if JJ got the money he would have called us all right enough to ask the question ... HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION ALERT

Lighten up, your period will only last a couple of more days :teehee: When it does, have a think of 3 players YOU'D sign if you were JJ (btw your not JJ).

Just been on the blower to Vlad. Svetlana was a bit pissed off with me calling to spraff with the Big Man about football at this time of night, but he was delighted to talk to me. Great fellow - his English is really good. He also finds it funny when he pretends to not understand. Says he takes lessons from James Murdoch in pretending to not know or understand simple questions.

Anyway, I told him that we should reinvest the 1.5 million into the team by getting a couple of decent players - specifically at centre back and attacking midfield. he told me I was talking pish and that he's already got two of the best centre backs in Scotland (both full internationalists too) and that he has Skacel, Taouil, Templeton, Elliott and Driver and Stevenson who can play attacking midfield.

he also told me that with the club's woeful financial position, we still need to reduce the debt to be able to meet the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, and also his investment bank expects a 15% return on their investment in Hearts and only a juvenile with no understanding of anything would expect this money to be spent on players.

After that he told me what he really thought of Gary Mackay, George Burley, the SFA and the SPL and we both had a great laugh. Then Svets started giving him grief again, and he said he had to be off.

Thought I'd let you know. Because I'm ITK.

Ooft, tough call.

I guess it's gonna be foremost a midfielder the a centre half/LB and finally I reckon another forward.

Thinking cap will go on during my muesli and coffee and I'll be right back with you!

And fyi, these threads ain't pointless. They're fun. Not fun in a 15 pints with your mates culminating in shitting in your bed kinda way, but fun nonetheless.

I'm jut looking in Scotland as my knowledge outwith isn't great tbh

It's difficult cos the ones I may have gone for have already been snapped up - Bryson, Gomis, Prince, Rooney, Flynn, Nish.

I'd maybe be a wee bit cheeky and see what Rangers thought of the laddy Ness. He looks the business, but I wonder how well he's rated through there? He was in and out the team but that could be due to his age and/or injury. If he was for sale for around the 0.5M mark, I'd go in for that.

I like Murray Davidson, but he isn't the type of midfielder we need imo. We need someone to sit in and he's more of a forward runner, I think I'm right in thinking.

I like Dougie Imrie at Hamilton - always have. Wanted us to sign him along with Blackie. He seems to play wide more than in the middle though. Always been surprised a bigger team (a DUtd, Motherwell, Hibs) haven't given him a chance. COuld he step up?

Steven Saunders at Motherwell can play RB or CH. This would give us cover at CH, but I'd play him as our regular RB with Hammil in midfield. Two positions covered! Hammil has played a number of times at LB in his career so can be our LB cover too.

For a forward, I'm thinking Johnny Russel at United. I've liked what I've seen of him and he's young. Be a gamble. Blackman at Aberdeen/Blackburn could be a shout too. I think more proven - scored goals at 2 teams reasonably well, though on checking, only 2 at Aberdeen.

So, I've Deliberated, Cogitated and Digested: My three(ish)....

Ness, ?0.75M: Rejected, doesn't want to come to us, but it showed ambition. So I move on to my real three...

Steven Saunders, ?0.5M: Our regular RB, covering CH with Hammil our regular CM and covering either FB if and when.

Nick Blackman, ?0.5M: Pacey and direct forward to compliment Kyle, Sutton. Different option to Elliott who is maybe a bit more of a wee terrier type.

Murray Davidson, ?0.5M: If we have Hammil sitting in midfield, Davidson can do the box-to-box. He has more experience than Robinson and Holt. I'd give him a 4 year deal, sell him for profit after two when our young lads are ready.

Have i taken this too seriously?

It's difficult cos the ones I may have gone for have already been snapped up - Bryson, Gomis, Prince, Rooney, Flynn, Nish.

Wow, great reply!

I've maybe missed something but where has Rooney gone???

Is Bruno having any issues in Greece???

I'd maybe be a wee bit cheeky and see what Rangers thought of the laddy Ness. He looks the business, but I wonder how well he's rated through there? He was in and out the team but that could be due to his age and/or injury. If he was for sale for around the 0.5M mark, I'd go in for that.

I like Murray Davidson, but he isn't the type of midfielder we need imo. We need someone to sit in and he's more of a forward runner, I think I'm right in thinking.

I like Dougie Imrie at Hamilton - always have. Wanted us to sign him along with Blackie. He seems to play wide more than in the middle though. Always been surprised a bigger team (a DUtd, Motherwell, Hibs) haven't given him a chance. COuld he step up?

Steven Saunders at Motherwell can play RB or CH. This would give us cover at CH, but I'd play him as our regular RB with Hammil in midfield. Two positions covered! Hammil has played a number of times at LB in his career so can be our LB cover too.

For a forward, I'm thinking Johnny Russel at United. I've liked what I've seen of him and he's young. Be a gamble. Blackman at Aberdeen/Blackburn could be a shout too. I think more proven - scored goals at 2 teams reasonably well, though on checking, only 2 at Aberdeen.

Ness, ?0.75M: Rejected, doesn't want to come to us, but it showed ambition. So I move on to my real three...

Steven Saunders, ?0.5M: Our regular RB, covering CH with Hammil our regular CM and covering either FB if and when.

Nick Blackman, ?0.5M: Pacey and direct forward to compliment Kyle, Sutton. Different option to Elliott who is maybe a bit more of a wee terrier type.

Murray Davidson, ?0.5M: If we have Hammil sitting in midfield, Davidson can do the box-to-box. He has more experience than Robinson and Holt. I'd give him a 4 year deal, sell him for profit after two when our young lads are ready.

We would need to look at players in Scotland as they are the only ones who would be happy with the wages we offer.

Either that or someone from the Scandinavian or lower European leagues. Hungary for example.

We need a new left back, possibly a right back (depending on where Hammil is going to play) and an attacking central midfielder..

I'd take the Motherwell full backs, Saunders and Stephen Hammill

Not sure who i would like for attacking midfielder..

rossthejambo

Gavin Gunning, available on a free transfer from Blackburn. Played pretty well for Motherwell, young left back. Fits all Vlad's criteria and won't touch a penny of the ?1.5 million.

It's easy this management lark. :thumbsup:

Gavin Gunning, available on a free transfer from Blackburn. Played pretty well for Motherwell, young left back. Fits all Vlad's criteria and won't touch a penny of the ?1.5 million.

We could even call him Trigger for continuity's sake. GET HIM SIGNED ROSSY! MAKE IT GAPPEN!

rossthejambo

We could even call him Trigger for continuity's sake. GET HIM SIGNED ROSSY! MAKE IT GAPPEN!

Just had Mr Romanov on the phone, he said he's on it and to let him know if I come up with anymore "BRILLIANT ideas" (his words not mine) :smuggy:

ok so JJ won't be given all the money, but im sure this will allow him to bring in one last signing, or who knows maybe we WILL actually retain Rudi rather than just ******* talking bout it (see link http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/hearts/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/07/19/manual_120940.html&TEAMHD=hearts&DIV=scotsprem&TEAM=HEARTS&RH=Hearts&PREV_SEASON=&BID=433)

His name has been thrown around a few times here, but it is one of the few names I've always thought would be a good idea. And especially NOW!

He's a big lad, with international experience, only 20 years old so will grow in strength and experience with us... DO IT!!

GET HIM SIGNED, JJ!!

not sure how many of these i'd squeeze in for my ?1.5m but i'd go for

Left back - Richard Foster (can cover right back)

centre half - Gary Kenneth (not sure how much united would let him go for, failing that, i would accept broadfoot, solid, dependable and versatile)

Centre mid - Murray Davidson (been a big fan of this lad for a while, not just mentioned because he's a rangers target)

striker - Clarkson (or i hear man city are willing to listen to offers for the argentinian lad, tevez i think he called)

Offer Eremenko ?14,423 a week on a two year deal.

good maths

but he's not worth a penny over ?13,982

good maths

but he's not worth a penny over ?13,982

Ok, ?13,982 pw and heated bucket seats and extended roof coverage for section T2.

:what:

Two promising players. Take the sheep and hibs best hopes away from them = happy days. :thumbsup:

I had a quick scout around the other SPL squad lists. The rest of the league looks much weaker at the moment. Motherwell, Killie and United have all lost a lot of good players.

If we could nick a couple more of their key players in this hypothetical situation we would be cruising to third. How about Hammell, Hately and Scott Robertson?

The Old Tolbooth

If ever JJ gets punted..........................................................................you da man!!! :bravo:

not sure how many of these i'd squeeze in for my ?1.5m but i'd go for

Left back - Richard Foster (can cover right back)

centre half - Gary Kenneth (not sure how much united would let him go for, failing that, i would accept broadfoot, solid, dependable and versatile)

Centre mid - Murray Davidson (been a big fan of this lad for a while, not just mentioned because he's a rangers target)

striker - Clarkson (or i hear man city are willing to listen to offers for the argentinian lad, tevez i think he called)

Just found out Garry Kenneth is only 24. He'd be well worth a punt if he has no long term injury problems.

Barry Douglas - Dundee utd. Good young left back, would offer competition with grainger for left back or good cover for injuries/suspensions.

Steven Saunders - Motherwell. Can play him centre half or right back so good back up and still young I think.

Then a good centre mid like Murray davidson or just tie up the rudi deal and invest the rest of the money elsewhere :thumbsup:

vintage1874

resign rudi and try and get Eremenko he would make all the difference to the midfield although wages could be a problem on stv site he is talking about a possible move to Dubai with top european club wages.

Bert Le Clos

Gary Kenneth is pish. I'd rather start Webster, Zal, Jonsson, McGowan, Mrowiec at centre half than him. And Craig Levein selecting him for Scotland should not be used to counter this argument.

Callum Booth actually looks decent, but I refuse to accept and Hibs players are good enough to make the step up to Hearts. Let him move to a bigger club (St Mirren, St Johnstone etc.) then if he's still good enough at that level we'll consider him :thumbsup:

Fraser Fyvie is another great prospect but he's been injured pretty much all of last season. Scott Robertson or Murray Davidson would both be good signings but I think Utd would want to much for Robertson. For all their apparent financial woes they've held out on Goodwillie and would want decent money for Robertson.

It's been said before but Kevin McDonald could be a great signing. As for left back I've always liked the look of the lad Kovacevic at Dundee Utd. Good in the air but also decent with the ball at his feet. He's 6ft 4in so could no doubt cover at centre half as well.

Looking at centre mids which should be our priority, Dave Jones has been released by Wolves. He'd be a great signing for us but is probably out of our wage budget. Darren Carter's contract at Preston has expired, I was always impressed with him at West Brom and he'd probably not want as much money.

Looking at younger players Isaiah Osbourne has been released by Aston Villa but is currently on trial at Leeds.

These are the type of players we should be looking at IMO.

JamboAberdeen

Paying fee for players is luxury option only available for big clubs at post-Bosman era, and we are not one of them.

Our board already indicated their intent this season, not challenging OF, while other teams have been significantly weakened.

So I'm happy with what we have now to retain the third, with youngsters filling shortfall, and the money we god from Wallace to be spent on debt clearance.

Obua is a Hero

Gary Kenneth is one of the worst players ive EVER seen , no footballing ability whatsoever

but....

Use the money to bring back bruno!!!!!!

and Tom hately would be nice

Johanes de Silentio

I think Ricky Foster is a decent shout, but I can't see us paying any significant fee for anyone - more likey to look at out-of-contract players, if at all.

More interested in trimming the squad, and finding out whether the likes of Suso & Rudi will be staying or going.

Well I'd play for free and as I have a dodgy leg I am sure I could be signed. I am guaranteed to be injured by the first training session at Riccarton after signing a lucrative commercial only contract with the team. But promise to stick by the club even though I may spend the season on the physios table. So over all with the same issues as Webster and Driver (ie not fit) I could save the club thousands.

Get me signed Jeff you know it makes sense :whistling:

itsnomarooned

Ooft, tough call.

I guess it's gonna be foremost a midfielder the a centre half/LB and finally I reckon another forward.

Thinking cap will go on during my muesli and coffee and I'll be right back with you!

And fyi, these threads ain't pointless. They're fun. Not fun in a 15 pints with your mates culminating in shitting in your bed kinda way, but fun nonetheless.

Can I request a PM next time you're out on the lash ............ your nights out appear to be spectacular!

Manuel Pascali - ?250,000 - ?400,000ish

Mihael Kovacevic - Free Transfer

Kevin McDonald - Free Transfer

Can I request a PM next time you're out on the lash ............ your nights out appear to be spectacular!

Of course. Less often than they used to be with having the wif en baby now, but if you can afford the flight over to Morocco for a night oot, me and a few lads might head to the Club de P?tanque (the boolin' club) next fri to drink and swear and stuff. Meet you there?

heartsfc_fan

Has Eremenko found a club yet?

Training with Leeds utd I think

Hearts of Vladland

Jure Travner always seemed good at St Mirren and would be good back up for Grainger and is a free agent. Kevin MacDonald for midfield and the big lad from United for centre back.

Just found out Garry Kenneth is only 24. He'd be well worth a punt if he has no long term injury problems.

plus he struck up a good partnership with webster in the past, so could slot in quickly

Gary Kenneth is pish. I'd rather start Webster, Zal, Jonsson, McGowan, Mrowiec at centre half than him. And Craig Levein selecting him for Scotland should not be used to counter this argument.

i've been impressed with him on a few occassions. he'd be third choice behind zal and webster, but i'd have him in there ahead of any of the versatile midfield men you've listed

Maurice Moss

What's the story with Darren McGregor at St Mirren? Could be cover for centre back? Problem is because Lee Wallace's transfer is high profile, and the fee was made public, everyone's prices immediately inflate when we declare an interest.

Only a Game

Has Eremenko found a club yet?

Attracting a lot of interest in the championship and league 1. Last heard of on trial at leeds

Brian Easton.... Burnley ex Hamilton Accies left back who can also play central defence.

Has struggled to break through at Burnley but looked a good prospect when at Hamilton

followed McCarthy out in 2009.Would cover at left back or in central defence.

Still under contract but wouldnt cost much

I'd try and get Fleck and Broadfoot from Rangers. 1 is a young player with potential and the other in a solid no nonsense defender.

We do need a midfield playmaker and Eremenko is out of our reach. I can't think of anyone who'd be better value than Bruno Aguilar.

So, 400k for Fleck, 250k for Broadfoot, say 250k for Bruno. That'd leave 600k which could fund next years SFA fine.

Archived