Zaliukas - Another Year ?

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay
Word reaches me that Zaliukas has signed another deal till next summer..

Hey Ho...

:ninja:

ah well.. suppose he's decent back-up

He's not our best defender, but a useful squad player. However I would still argue that Kancelskis is the better "back up" option

I was surprised at the Greggs chat about him being emptied.

Am surprised a bottom half Russian team hasnt come in for him to be honest.

Has a chance to do quite well, but not sure about his attitude

Cue outrage.

I thought that he was okay last season - worth keeping as backup, if nothing else.

Guest GhostHunter
So much for him being the next to leave.

:sad:

:rofl:

I thought if I said it enough, it may turn out to be true

Cardiac Rucksack

We really only have 3 centre halfs at the moment. Not the stupidest decision, as he has proved he is more than capable in this league.

Plus he scored the winner at Fester Road/:):107years:

Dirk Diggler
:rofl:

I thought if I said it enough, it may turn out to be true

Take it from me, It doesn't work.

Every single transfer window I tell myself Neilson will be released.

:confused:

Guest JamboRobbo
he has proved he is more than capable of not being too much of a liability in a mid table team in this league.

Agreed.

Guest GhostHunter
Take it from me, It doesn't work.

Every single transfer window I tell myself Neilson will be released.

:confused:

Gotta say, it was starting to hurt having my fingers, toes, eyes and tongue crossed for so long...

To be fair Zaliuckas has suffered from 1 or 2 mares but has been pretty decent most of the time

My concern re this is that it clearly means that the young centre halfs such as lithgow, taylor, armstrongs, sives etc are seen as non entities and will just be picking up a salary again for god knows what

We should either be using these boys or punting them

I can't see zaliuckas being any cheaper than those listed above, who are all of an age they should be in the first team if they are going to make it

Guest GhostHunter
To be fair Zaliuckas has suffered from 1 or 2 mares but has been pretty decent most of the time

My concern re this is that it clearly means that the young centre halfs such as lithgow, taylor, armstrongs, sives etc are seen as non entities and will just be picking up a salary again for god knows what

I can't see zaliuckas being any cheaper than those listed above, who are all of an age they should be in the first team if they are going to make it

Wasnt Taylor released last year ?

Wasnt Taylor released last year ?

No we left him in limbo for about 3 months, brought him back for god knows what reason and I've not heard of him since at any level

I'd not be surprised if he has gone, but certainly not seen an announcement about it

Anyway lets forget him, thats only 4 young centre halfs we have with not a hope of making it at first team level:rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler

Why the need for another year?

Give him (and Audrey) another 3 months and let the new man decide whether they want to keep them. It's not like they are going to go anywhere else, It's Hearts or back to Kaunas.

Decisions like this (if true) are the reason why people doubt we will ever see a 'manager' at Tynecastle.

Why hasn't this decision been delayed (same for Ksnavicius) until our new manager :dribble:gets his new Hearts tracksuit?

Malcolm Tucker

Cool. Good squad player. Scored against Hibs once. Wins a header.

Not too bothered either way.

Thought he handled Wilkie's shenanigans on Saturday very well indeed.

Worth keeping just because he gets right up Jesse Jones' nose imo:)

To be fair Zali himself is quite young - on the fringes of NT team

I dont have a problem with Kaunas young players with genuine prospects being here.

Zali falls into that category.

We could do better than him though, and I would concede that, from reports, McGowan for example seems to have better potential.

Disappointed with this. :sad:

However he did score against the Leith Vermin and pish on their parade last year. :)

Guest JamboRobbo

Give him (and Audrey) another 3 months and let the new man decide whether they want to keep them. It's not like they are going to go anywhere else, It's Hearts or back to Kaunas.

Decisions like this (if true) are the reason why people doubt we will ever see a 'manager' at Tynecastle.

Very good point.

My issue really is I don't see any genuine talent there. I hear very good reports on McGowan from the youths and reserves. Sounds like he is a REAL prospect.

If we didn't have a mediocre stop gap like Zaliuakas, then when we are a wee bit short, McGowan gets his chance. He'd probably have gotten that chance these past two weeks....

Instead, we can look forward to another year of Zaliukas filling the gaps, and it whilst he ain't completely rubbish, it's pretty clear he's got nothing special to offer either.

Ryan Gosling

I think it would be quite easy for whoever comes in to cancel the deal.

Ryan Gosling

We could do better than him though, and I would concede that, from reports, McGowan for example seems to have better potential.

think they see mcgowan as a midfielder.

Malcolm Tucker

Plus, it's not as if Zali is on silly wages the likes of which Beslija and Makela are on.

I don't see why this is annoying some people.

Plus, it's not as if Zali is on silly wages the likes of which Beslija and Makela are on.

Its not annoying people but surely we would be better off financially using the 4 or 5 20 -22 YO centre halfs we have who must be raking in about 75k a year between them if not more for nothing?

Dirk Diggler
I think it would be quite easy for whoever comes in to cancel the deal.

I think it will be very difficult for whoever comes in to cancel any deal.

If it had been announced the pair of them had been given another 3 months we would all be on here saying that was fair enough as it's only right the new man has the final say.

That's what we all want to see after all.

I fully expect the pair of them to see out the years contract at Hearts.

Its not annoying people but surely we would be better off financially using the 4 or 5 20 -22 YO centre halfs we have who must be raking in about 75k a year between them if not more for nothing?

Haven't seen them play to comment on them, but I'd guess that it's as much an issue of "why are they still here if they're not good enough?" than an issue of them obviously being good enough because they're still here.

Incredibly disappointed and miffed if this is the case, the guy is a modern day carthorse and an undesputed liability. Add to the fact that he thinks he is better than he is, this all makes for sad news. We are crying out for fresh talent and all the while these no hopers who have taken us backwards over the last 18 months are seen to be the future - what's the point anymore? I understand the cost cutting arguement, this is the way forward but we can get better, much better, for the sensible wages that we will pay from now onwards.

Guest casper

There's a very good reason he's not on silly wages.

(Assuming you are correct and he's not on silly wages, but who knows?)

Ryan Gosling
No 26 has been murder this season.

Please explain what he has done to warrant a further year?

:rolleyes:

Haven't seen them play to comment on them, but I'd guess that it's as much an issue of "why are they still here if they're not good enough?" than an issue of them obviously being good enough because they're still here.

Tbh thats the way I see it too

We have I reckon between 10-20 players who are sitting here on contracts picking up tidy wages we need to move on

This must be costing us at least a 1/4 million a year, money we should be looking to save by moving them on, the likes of mackle, park, the boys lifted above etc etc should all be shown the door

Malcolm Tucker
There's a very good reason he's not on silly wages.

(Assuming you are correct and he's not on silly wages, but who knows?)

The fact Velicka was on peanuts indicates that the rest of the Kaunas Krew are also on said nuts.

And Prancer, I agree the young lads should get a chance as well, but if they're 20-22 and still not playing, questions have to be asked about the quality of these players. What ones are you referring to by the way?

chester copperpot

Gutted that my source got it soooo wrong. He promised me Zal was next to go. Will be trying to find out why he has been given this deal when apparently wasn't favoured by Shaggy, but can already guess the answer on this.

To me He looks a damn sight more assured than Berra with the ball at his feet ...........make of that what you will ?

Has cost us dearly in some games I have to agree ( wild sclaffs etc ) but I still don't see him as the complete 'Plum' that some others do. As someone said last week on here, he'll do some fine defending then ruin it all with a bit of careless nonsense ...........as in Saturday's game, when he had control of a situation when one-on-one with the United forward, then just gave the ba' a mighty hoof sclaffing it out for a corner :confused:

Good header of a ball when he gets there and I think a good manager could maybe bring him on a bit. I also don't see why the Liths never get cut get any slack when they may be 'effected' by all the shenanigans at the club as much as anybody ?

Buffalo Bill

Mixed feelings from me:

I thought he was our player of the year, 06/07; but this season, mostly crap.

And of course there are rumours about his attitude and hs relationship with the club captain. But then he did **** on the Hibs' parade. Hhhmmm.

Not sure what to think. As many have said, hopefully he'll be used as decent back up if we're having a better year next year.

Buffalo Bill

rudi must stay
To me He looks a damn sight more assured than Berra with the ball at his feet ...........make of that what you will ?

Has cost us dearly in some games I have to agree ( wild sclaffs etc ) but I still don't see him as the complete 'Plum' that some others do. As someone said last week on here, he'll do some fine defending then ruin it all with a bit of careless nonsense ...........as in Saturday's game, when he had control of a situation when one-on-one with the United forward, then just gave the ba' a mighty hoof sclaffing it out for a corner :confused:

Good header of a ball when he gets there and I think a good manager could maybe bring him on a bit. I also don't see why the Liths never get cut get any slack when they may be 'effected' by all the shenanigans at the club as much as anybody ?

he probably is but you don't need to be good with the ball at your feet to be a good defender. Tbh i don't think they are affected at all by what happens at the club, it's due to them that they are there in the first-place..

Guest casper

That, in a nutshell, is the difference between a good player and the rest.

Commander Harris

decent squad player - shouldn't be in the first team if either tall or karapidis are available though and certainly shouldn't be shoehorned into the midfield as he was in the first half of the season.

I think he has enough ability to handle himself in the league and although hasnt been a stand-out performer I dont think he has been a stand-out non-performer either.

I'd say a year is sensible as if by this time if he is not performing as well as he should be at least we've not tied him into a longer term deal and I think there is a chance that he could yet form a strong partnership with Berra.

Guest JamboRobbo
Gutted that my source got it soooo wrong. He promised me Zal was next to go. Will be trying to find out why he has been given this deal when apparently wasn't favoured by Shaggy, but can already guess the answer on this.

that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I hope Vlad isn't falling back on his usual tricks ALREADY, before a new manager has even been appointed. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is though.

Buffalo Bill

I hope Vlad isn't falling back on his usual tricks ALREADY, before a new manager has even been appointed. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is though.

One of the reason I hope Frail doesn't get the job.

Hopefully the new manager will have the final/only say in such matters.

P.S I'm speculating here!

Buffalo Bill

chester copperpot

Yes this is what has got me confused. I suppose he is interim manager, and decides who plays, however Vlad decided who stays.

Suppose this may not be too far fetched.

Archived