'Jailed or fined for singing God Save the Queen,'

Happy Hearts

Happy Hearts

First last week saying you could get chucked out for waving the Union flag, now you can be jailed for singing God save the Queen, Rule Britannia or "aggressively" making the sign of the cross.

No mention of IRA chants or rebel songs. This is a complete joke.

I am British and Scottish. I am proud of my country. The SNP are a joke.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First last week saying you could get chucked out for waving the Union flag, now you can be jailed for singing God save the Queen, Rule Britannia or "aggressively" making the sign of the cross.

Your talking crap. The Minister told Parliament today that no one would be criminalised for singing God Save the Queen or Flower of Scotland. She did suggest crossing yourself in a provocative manner might lead to action but that could be seen to be inciteful by some folk i guess.

The Government's action can be criticised because it's being rushed through, but surely most people realise something needs to be done to tackle the scourge of sectarianism in Scotland....

shoot the english ******* for signing GSTQ! I'm riding to stirling, who is with me, ffffffrrrreeeeeeeeedddoooommmm!

Say What Again

John Lamont: The minister will be aware of the words of the song ?Flower of Scotland? and those of the British national anthem. Can you envisage the singing of either of those songs becoming offensive behaviour under the act?

Roseanna Cunningham: The glib answer to that is no, of course not.

It isnt sectarianism, it is hatred of one ginger fool for lots of other reasons.

Anyway, read this ( I wont be as constructive as you were and advise 'your talking crap")

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/21/scottish-football-bigotry-clampdown-legislation

How about this from the BBC - "The minister went on to tell the committee that singing Flower of Scotland or God Save the Queen would not be considered offensive behaviour under the legislation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13857436

Sing the national anthem all you want to if u must...

shoot the english ******* for signing GSTQ! I'm riding to stirling, who is with me, ffffffrrrreeeeeeeeedddoooommmm!

Wouldn't bother, it's tipping down here...

Your talking crap. The Minister told Parliament today that no one would be criminalised for singing God Save the Queen or Flower of Scotland. She did suggest crossing yourself in a provocative manner might lead to action but that could be seen to be inciteful by some folk i guess.

The Government's action can be criticised because it's being rushed through, but surely most people realise something needs to be done to tackle the scourge of sectarianism in Scotland....

The Ministers explanation of the new law was simply pathetic.Em,well ,ummm,err.

The snp are a joke, they have rushed through a back of a fag packet legislation. They are the daily star of

politics. How that women Cunningham can say what she did with a straight face is beyond me. The snp clearly hate

people with union flags as they are currently trying to split up the UK, people better get used to the snp putting

the boot into unionists. Dont forget people crossing themselves in an aggressive manner can also get lifted.... only

in scotland could something like this happen.

Patrick Bateman

The Scottish National Party are Scotland's chosen, majority government. Their actions are therefore the manifest will of the Scottish people. The days of knuckle-draggers chanting about their beloved octogenarian incest victim for the purpose of 'winding up' similarly degenerate individuals are now at an end. *PLEASING*

I've just tried aggressive cross making and tbh I just felt silly. How do you do this?

It's a tough one

Pretend your telling someone to take a tent down and move your arms

Happy Hearts

The Scottish National Party are Scotland's chosen, majority government. Their actions are therefore the manifest will of the Scottish people. The days of knuckle-draggers chanting about their beloved octogenarian incest victim for the purpose of 'winding up' similarly degenerate individuals are now at an end. *PLEASING*

What a really poor response. Ahh well, you did try your best.

Napoleon  Wilson

The snp are a joke, they have rushed through a back of a fag packet legislation. They are the daily star of

politics. How that women Cunningham can say what she did with a straight face is beyond me. The snp clearly hate

people with union flags as they are currently trying to split up the UK, people better get used to the snp putting

the boot into unionists. Dont forget people crossing themselves in an aggressive manner can also get lifted.... only

What an absolute load of shite you are spewing

The Real Maroonblood

Bring it on.

:thumbsup:

Bring it on.

:thumbsup:

Thats the kind of thing people in Iceland and Ireland used to say before the financial crash.

Iv'e been supporting the Famous HMFC since the early 70s in all that time Iv'e never had any occasion at Tynie when i have had the need or inclination to sing God save the Queen, or had the notion to tote the flag of the union, there have been times, i admit, to feeling aggresivly cross at the way my team played at times, but i im usualy over it by monday/ tuesday :unsure: in short what difference does it make?

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I've just tried aggressive cross making and tbh I just felt silly. How do you do this?

laugh.gif

I've just turned on a load of Christians walking past my house now. Make of that what you will.

Happy Hearts

Good post.

I doubt you would be convicted if you could show your singing of this song was routine and you regularly sung it elsewhere in public such as at work, in shopping centres, in your home and similar.

Of course I doubt anyone will be able to do this as they sing it at football games and in footballing environments for reasons other than patriotic as it is sung by people at football games for no reason other than to offend and prejudice.

As for grandparents. I doubt they will have much problem with those who highjack the song for their own bigoted and prejudiced reasons being punished.

Can anyone in Scotland genuinely say that they actually sing this song outwith a football environment and if not why not?

Whats to stop people taking the celtic aproach? If anyone arrested under this act said in court that their actions were political rather than religiously sectarian that must surely mean they would have to be released without further action as this is what it seems has happened to countless celtic fans, infact I am sure its written in the police consitution that at no costs should a celtic supporter be arrested, same with the press, never print anything bad about celtic because if you do yo u are a biggot and we will throw you in jail!!!

I actually be;lieve in the SNP but I am growing more and more jaded as each day goes by.

I'd be willing to wager that nobody will ever appear in court for crossing themselves in an aggressive manner. What a load of shite.

What a really poor response. Ahh well, you did try your best.

It's better than your absolute train wreck of a thread.

The guy said you wouldn't be arrested for singing the national anthem.

What part of that is it that you don't understand?

I'd be willing to wager that nobody will ever appear in court for crossing themselves in an aggressive manner. What a load of shite.

We could always phone up William Hill and get some prices.....

Happy Hearts

It's better than your absolute train wreck of a thread.

The guy said you wouldn't be arrested for singing the national anthem.

What part of that is it that you don't understand?

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

:facepalm:

Good reply though.

OK, here, this is just for you. Maybe if you read it often enough it may make sense to you.

" The Minister told Parliament today that no one would be criminalised for singing God Save the Queen or Flower of Scotland."

The White Cockade

I don't think you've quite got the hang of football mate

Get yourself down to the Albert Hall for the Last Night of the Proms

i'm sure that's more your cup of tea

Vlad-Stupid

I can see how British citizens singing rule britania while in Britain and directing it at fellow Brits can be unlawful

[mod edit]

So Mr Happy Hearts. When was the last time you sung god save the queen on a non match day ?

i have no problem with you calling yourself british and scottish what i do have a problem is with so called hearts fans singing bigoted and political songs. i'm was born into the church of scotland but my best friend is a catholic hibee. i can't tell you how much i hate bigots. i am and have always hated being called british as i look on myself being scottish. i live in scotland and support a scottish team. a team that is a member of a scottish league and a scottish football assocciation. what have god save the queen songs and the union flag have to do with the hearts ......that's right nothing. having lived for a short spell in england and had many holidays down south i am anything but a person who dislikes the english so let's just cut out all the red hand of ulster, ect rubbish and get on with supporting the hearts. let the police lift the rubbish who sing the vile songs and wave their little flags so scotland can move on.

I will continue not sing God Save the Queen or Rule Britannia at Hearts games.

And if some dirty Rantic sings GTSQ/RB or Soldiers are We, I most certainly will not cringeworthily respond by singing Flower of Scotland.

Sheriff Fatman

So Mr Happy Hearts. When was the last time you sung god save the queen on a non match day ?

I bet he does it at the end of every night. When he turns the telly off he stands to attention, salutes his gilt framed picture of her maj and sings the song.

6/4 The Field - according my tick-tack man grandfather

The Real Maroonblood

Thats the kind of thing people in Iceland and Ireland used to say before the financial crash.

What are you on about?

Iv'e been supporting the Famous HMFC since the early 70s in all that time Iv'e never had any occasion at Tynie when i have had the need or inclination to sing God save the Queen, or had the notion to tote the flag of the union, there have been times, i admit, to feeling aggresivly cross at the way my team played at times, but i im usualy over it by monday/ tuesday :unsure: in short what difference does it make?

Agreed, It's as simple as that surely :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood

i have no problem with you calling yourself british and scottish what i do have a problem is with so called hearts fans singing bigoted and political songs. i'm was born into the church of scotland but my best friend is a catholic hibee. i can't tell you how much i hate bigots. i am and have always hated being called british as i look on myself being scottish. i live in scotland and support a scottish team. a team that is a member of a scottish league and a scottish football assocciation. what have god save the queen songs and the union flag have to do with the hearts ......that's right nothing. having lived for a short spell in england and had many holidays down south i am anything but a person who dislikes the english so let's just cut out all the red hand of ulster, ect rubbish and get on with supporting the hearts. let the police lift the rubbish who sing the vile songs and wave their little flags so scotland can move on.

An excellant post.

It seems straight forward enough to me.

If you go to football to cause trouble and act like a dick or a ned, you're probably going to end up being lifted.

If you don't and you just want to cheer on your team and have fun with your mates, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Having served overseas with a Scottish Regiment in the British army I can remember in these desert climes being quite proud when the Band played the National Anthem, and after being out on some duty in the desert the sight of the Union Flag, the Scottish Flag and the Regimental Flag flying proudly also gave me great pride.

The fact that morons use these flags and anthems to further their bigoted sectarian hate filled agendas is nothing less than sickening to me.

At least our thugs in Vancouver don't sing O Canada or dis grace the flag, they only denigrate our great Canuck jerseys. :rolleyes:

mahgrassyshoes

Only in Scotland could something like this need to happen.

Only in Scotland would you get people saying that it's disgrace that we can't show our national flag/ sing our national anthem despit knowing that it is only done to provoke another group of people. The same people who regularly accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about with regards to these politics. Accusing people of being ingnorant to their past, when all they are doing is using it as a cheap gimmick in a shitty game of oneupmanship.

Only in Scotland would someone use the line "is this what my grand parents fought for" when trying to defend attempts at upsetting, angering people and causing trouble and divide - ironically the thing that your grand parents fought against!

Only in Scotland could there be people too ignorant to see that these are the kind of ridiculous measures that have to be taken to stop a minority of hooligans ruining it for the rest of us.

If you wish to continue believing that these things are done as some super act of patriotism then carry on, but don't come on here preaching that it's a disgrace people are trying to stop these things being used to cause trouble rather than solve it.

It seems straight forward enough to me.

If you go to football to cause trouble and act like a dick or a ned, you're probably going to end up being lifted.

If you don't and you just want to cheer on your team and have fun with your mates, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

you should be alright as long as you don't cross yourself in an aggressive manner

The most telling thing for me is the fact that the assistant chief of Strathclyde police has admitted that police won't be 'wading into a football crowd trying to take out large numbers of fans'. So basically if you want to sing these songs then do so in a big enough group and you're safe....get caught doing it with a couple of your mates and you're in trouble. Nothing changes then.

Another joke from the SNP, but the idiots will continue to lap it up.

Only in Scotland could something like this need to happen.

Only in Scotland would you get people saying that it's disgrace that we can't show our national flag/ sing our national anthem despit knowing that it is only done to provoke another group of people. The same people who regularly accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about with regards to these politics. Accusing people of being ingnorant to their past, when all they are doing is using it as a cheap gimmick in a shitty game of oneupmanship.

Only in Scotland would someone use the line "is this what my grand parents fought for" when trying to defend attempts at upsetting, angering people and causing trouble and divide - ironically the thing that your grand parents fought against!

Only in Scotland could there be people too ignorant to see that these are the kind of ridiculous measures that have to be taken to stop a minority of hooligans ruining it for the rest of us.

If you wish to continue believing that these things are done as some super act of patriotism then carry on, but don't come on here preaching that it's a disgrace people are trying to stop these things being used to cause trouble rather than solve it.

Now THAT is a post.

Well done sir.

The OP should read this post many times until it sinks in.

Happy Hearts

Was singing it on the way into work this morning.

Archived