?4k-a-week offer sealed Taouil deal for Hearts

Chaps

Ray Winstone

Are you implying that Skacel will be signing a new contract?

On the mobile site can't add smiles :(

Being that todays story is completely untrue - I wouldn't listen to the press speculation about Skacel either.

JJ will do what is best for the club.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

And JJ is allegedly not bothered about Skacel?

Am I the only one that finds this extremely worrying?

no add me to the list, JJ was not bothered about rudi when he tried to sign some no mark LB instead of the great man earlier in the season, he was wrong then and if he doesnt want him not he needs his head read.. taouil is not in the same class as rudi skacel..

hopefully vlad will ensure the great man is here next season

If Taouil can be the presence in the middle of the park and spray passes about, that we have sadly lacked, I for one will be happy.

gorgie rd eh11

I agree. ?700,000 over 3 years for a player who might not even be a first team regular is ridiculous.

:lol: Here we go.

We are only taking the word of a jealous chairman on the apparent wages Taouil is earning. Sounds like sour grapes too me.

Everybody settle down, his package may equate to ?4K per week but that wont be his basic, he's maybe on ?1500 - ?2000 the rest will be made up in bonus - appearences / wins / europe etc etc.

Hearts can offer this because we are in Europe, we have a decent chance at 3rd and above and we're expected to have half decent cup runs our total games for this season could be 50+.

Killie and the likes can't offer such attractive packages, they are not in europe they dont win that often etc etc.

Trust me he's not "on" ?4K per week.

Charlie-Brown

Everybody settle down, his package may equate to ?4K per week but that wont be his basic, he's maybe on ?1500 - ?2000 the rest will be made up in bonus - appearences / wins / europe etc etc.

Hearts can offer this because we are in Europe, we have a decent chance at 3rd and above and we're expected to have half decent cup runs our total games for this season could be 50+.

Killie and the likes can't offer such attractive packages, they are not in europe they dont win that often etc etc.

Trust me he's not "on" ?4K per week.

Not disagreeing with you but how do you know? For all we know he might be ON ?4K per week? The amount doesn't seem that large compared to the reputed wage levels paid out to some players in recent years?

Not disagreeing with you but how do you know? For all we know he might be ON ?4K per week? The amount doesn't seem that large compared to the reputed wage levels paid out to some players in recent years?

Indeed. I might be slightly out of touch but it doesn't seem that much.

I dont know the exact figures, but I know how the deals work and this is standard practice for clubs/agents/players.

This is why salary capping is never going to work, you can cap the actual salary but not the bonus. Take Tevez at Man City reportedly on ?200K per week which he sort of is but only if he plays, scores, City win, then they throw in the position City finish in the league and only then will he earn his "full" wage. Like most jobs now - perfomance related - it encourages them to want to play every week, however there are many who are happy to pick up there basic and do nothing - the average basic in the EPL will be about ?35K per week - not bad wedge in anyones book.

Charlie-Brown

I dont know the exact figures, but I know how the deals work and this is standard practice for clubs/agents/players.

This is why salary capping is never going to work, you can cap the actual salary but not the bonus. Take Tevez at Man City reportedly on ?200K per week which he sort of is but only if he plays, scores, City win, then they throw in the position City finish in the league and only then will he earn his "full" wage. Like most jobs now - perfomance related - it encourages them to want to play every week, however there are many who are happy to pick up there basic and do nothing - the average basic in the EPL will be about ?35K per week - not bad wedge in anyones book.

Okay I accept that up to a point but surely the performance related bit has to be realistically achieveable and indeed probably be likely and expected to be achieved so that the players earning expectations and demands match the reality of his actual earnings ie in Taouil's case he gets his approx ?4K per week and not only on random "good" weeks?

Charlie-Brown

IF we were paying the likes of Jankauskas, Fyssas, Gordon etc approx ?10K per week and the wage bill soared to over ?10M per year then if we are paying more recently signed players like Taouil and Sutton at approx the ?4K per week level (however that is achieved between basic+bonuses) then we could expect in the long run the salary level to fall back down to somewhere about ?5M eventually surely?

Okay I accept that up to a point but surely the performance related bit has to be realistically achieveable and indeed probably be likely and expected to be achieved so that the players earning expectations and demands match the reality of his actual earnings ie in Taouil's case he gets his approx ?4K per week and not only on random "good" weeks?

Agreed, and that's the role of the agent, to get the best deal for his client. So the negotiation will be around his role in the team - ie. is he likely to appear in say 80% of the games, what are the prospects for the team that season, target finish etc. So in an early thread I said Hearts would be prioritising the season - league/cups/europe all the new signings will be aware of this and what part they will play in each competition. Your next question may be about injuries - these are covered by insurance, so if they are out of the team for a number of weeks they will still earn to the potential.

Man City & Spurs are classic examples of where the system prevents them from signing the absolute top pro's - they cannot gaurantee the likes of league finishes, wins etc the same way say a Man Utd can. Man U pay lower basics but can still get top top talent and young talent as they will be on a sliding pay scale almost like a promotion path in other jobs.

I'm not saying every singe player is on this type of structure but most of them are - any with a decent agent will earn massively if they perform well - hence why so many are selfish so n' so's these days - the team doesn't really matter.

Jose Mourinho operates a different system (based on the team wins) hence why he has such a togetherness in his squads - His bosses at Chelsea thought it was preventing them attracting better players (shevchenko for example was bought not by Mourinho and was on an "individual" scheme)and hence the parting of ways.

Make sense?

Commander Harris

1. Michael Johnston does not know anything about the contract between a Hearts player and HMFC.

2. Even given point 1 Michael Johnston is a classless fud for bandying about such figures in public.

Sadly this figure will now be taken as gospel by many on here and will be used as a stick to beat the player with if he doesn't appear to be "value for money".

Charlie-Brown

1. Michael Johnston does not know anything about the contract between a Hearts player and HMFC.

2. Even given point 1 Michael Johnston is a classless fud for bandying about such figures in public.

Michael Johnston will know what Taouil or his agent told him Hearts were prepared to offer when trying to negotiate a new deal at Killie though?

Michael Johnston will know what Taouil or his agent told him Hearts were prepared to offer when trying to negotiate a new deal at Killie though?

Because football agents are the most scrupulous people in the world, aren't they. That's forgetting that this story has been sieved through the complex network of shit that make up Michael Johnston's brain.

We'll see what happens but I think he'll be another Barr. He's on over 4k a week and he is not good enough for Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

Because football agents are the most scrupulous people in the world, aren't they. That's forgetting that this story has been sieved through the complex network of shit that make up Michael Johnston's brain.

I don't think it would be too hard for Michael Johnston to verify if the figures being bandied about where accurate or not though?

I don't think it would be too hard for Michael Johnston to verify if the figures being bandied about where accurate or not though?

No you're right, I'm sure he put a huge amount of effort into this rant about another club to get the facts of this deal across, and not because he's a total ringpiece.

Charlie-Brown

Do you guys think Michael Johnston is telling a huge made up porky & Taouil's only earning a fraction of that amount?

I guarantee Johnston is just stirring shit because he's a bitter **** and I don't believe Taouil is on ?4k a week.

Even if he was I wouldn't be that bothered, I think he'll be a good player for us, it's the fact that Johnston has no right to go shouting about the contract arrangements of a deal that doesn't concern him. This is a deal between the player and Hearts, whatever an agent may or may not have said to the chairman of the player's former club is a private matter and he's made a total ***** of himself by coming out and stating this figure even if it's wrong, which I think it is.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I don't see any problem if we are paying him 4k a week. Im just glad we are not paying players 8k+ a week.

hoofhearted

He is on 4k a week he has tie ins(sponsors) which have increased due to his move to a bigger club e.g boots, there are other deals not all sports related. Most players have these deals which increase with there profile

Drylaw Hearts

I would say ?4k per week is bang on.

Players like Kyle, Elliott, Barr, Webster, Hammil and Sutton will all be on similar amounts imo.

Wrightly or wrongly I think ?4k p/w has been banded about previously as a sustainable wage for the club to offer

You simply can't get anyone with Professional Footballer on their Passport to come to your club for less than that these days !

However Hibs ( well Petrie ) think you can .........and that is possibly why they finished 10th out of 12 teams last season ?

Whether MT is worth that ( or in fact getting that ) or whether he IS or SHOULD BE in the lower bracket, if there is one, ( say ?3k or even ?2k p/w ) remains to be seen

Chill guys :thumbsup:

Wrightly or wrongly I think ?4k p/w has been banded about previously as a sustainable wage for the club to offer

You simply can't get anyone with Professional Footballer on their Passport to come to your club for less than that these days !

However Hibs ( well Petrie ) think you can .........and that is possibly why they finished 10th out of 12 teams last season ?

Whether MT is worth that ( or in fact getting that ) or whether he IS or SHOULD BE in the lower bracket, if there is one, ( say ?3k or even ?2k p/w ) remains to be seen

Chill guys :thumbsup:

St Mirren are paying ?500 per week.

We should be paying more than that - but not 8 times the wages of their players.

St Mirren are paying ?500 per week.

We should be paying more than that - but not 8 times the wages of their players.

What is out usual turnover compared to Saints?

I head from a boy at work who knows someone linked to St Mirren they are pushing to become community owned and the target for them is 11th every season and base there budget on that with everything else as a bonus. For a bottom 6 side that does make sense I suppose. Not hearts related or to do with this thread but interesting nevertheless.

What is out usual turnover compared to Saints?

I head from a boy at work who knows someone linked to St Mirren they are pushing to become community owned and the target for them is 11th every season and base there budget on that with everything else as a bonus. For a bottom 6 side that does make sense I suppose. Not hearts related or to do with this thread but interesting nevertheless.

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/stmirren/income2.htm

I am not sure of what has happened to their turnover since the move to the new stadium, but there has certainly been press comment that they are trying to run with a very tight wage bill. St Johnstone has been the model for these types of clubs in the last 20 years of course. Not a model that many have followed - which is why we've seen the problems of overspending at so many clubs.

The players have been walking away with far too much cash.

i can't believe that people are so reluctant to believe that taouil is getting ?4K per week. further than that, it seems there are some who are troubled at such a level of wages being paid out by us.

i hope we ARE paying him ?4K per week. i hope it's more than that to be honest. looking at it from a position of believing that the club is being run properly and by people who actually know how to manage a multi-million pound company, if you put complete faith in those premises then the more we're paying the players, the better.

1. it's an indication that there is still a significant commitment to the club by UBIG.

2. it's an indication that we are still way ahead of our immediate rivals in terms of buying power.

3. it sends out the right messages to other players that hearts is a club to be at.

there have been numbers bandied around in recent years that frankly don't appear to be sustainable for a club with our revenue raising potential. i don't think anyone would argue that hearts - as a stand alone business - could afford to pay the likes of ?10,000 to ?18,000 per week to any player. we do appear to have paid inordinate amounts in the past and it's now being reigned in a bit.

if we're paying good wages then all fine and well. i'll begin to be concerned when we ourselves are being outbid for players by some of our rivals.

Ryan Gosling

I would say ?4k per week is bang on.

Players like Kyle, Elliott, Barr, Webster, Hammil and Sutton will all be on similar amounts imo.

Lots of incentives too

Seymour M Hersh

What I find surprising (though maybe I shouldn't) is the fact so many on here seem to take what the plum at Killie is saying as gospel.

Sydney from Sydney

I don't think it should be a secret what players are paid. We know what Rooney etc get because it's in the press. Wasn't it Hearts policy a couple of seasons ago to have no players earning more than 4k a week ?

heartsfc_fan

i can't believe that people are so reluctant to believe that taouil is getting ?4K per week. further than that, it seems there are some who are troubled at such a level of wages being paid out by us.

i hope we ARE paying him ?4K per week. i hope it's more than that to be honest. looking at it from a position of believing that the club is being run properly and by people who actually know how to manage a multi-million pound company, if you put complete faith in those premises then the more we're paying the players, the better.

1. it's an indication that there is still a significant commitment to the club by UBIG.

2. it's an indication that we are still way ahead of our immediate rivals in terms of buying power.

3. it sends out the right messages to other players that hearts is a club to be at.

there have been numbers bandied around in recent years that frankly don't appear to be sustainable for a club with our revenue raising potential. i don't think anyone would argue that hearts - as a stand alone business - could afford to pay the likes of ?10,000 to ?18,000 per week to any player. we do appear to have paid inordinate amounts in the past and it's now being reigned in a bit.

if we're paying good wages then all fine and well. i'll begin to be concerned when we ourselves are being outbid for players by some of our rivals.

Decent post. Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

rudi must stay

It's more than I thought we'd be paying him but it's not that worrying IMO, with the loss of some him earners there will be plenty of money to spare.

KillieMitch

From a club with nae money I'm interested - is there a worry that folks are just coming to collect the pay cheque sometimes? Jamie Hammill seems to see Hearts as a place he wants to prove himself which is fair enough. Mehdi seems to be moving because its nearer to his house and he gets a bit more money.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

From a club with nae money I'm interested - is there a worry that folks are just coming to collect the pay cheque sometimes? Jamie Hammill seems to see Hearts as a place he wants to prove himself which is fair enough. Mehdi seems to be moving because its nearer to his house and he gets a bit more money.

Or...

He is moving to a club that is many times the size of Killie, who have a better chance of winning trophies, pay more, play in Europe more and can further his career better. No offence, I am just joshing when I rip Kilmarnock and Ayrshire, but... Edinburgh is an infinitely nicer place and Hearts are an infinitely bigger and better club. That's just the way it is. :)

Both have come to a club where there is a chance of winning a cup or two and playing in Europe. I hope this helps.......rolleyes.gif

KillieMitch

OK fair enough. To clarify further, Mehdi has said on many times and spoken to Killie fans saying it is simply money. He'd love to stay at Killie and he enjoyed playing his football there but its just money. I wouldnt for a second judge a player for going to a team with better prospects but in Mehdi's particular case it appears just to be the money. I really hope he plays regularly. It would be a shame if he sat on the bench when he could be first team at Killie.

OK fair enough. To clarify further, Mehdi has said on many times and spoken to Killie fans saying it is simply money. He'd love to stay at Killie and he enjoyed playing his football there but its just money. I wouldnt for a second judge a player for going to a team with better prospects but in Mehdi's particular case it appears just to be the money. I really hope he plays regularly. It would be a shame if he sat on the bench when he could be first team at Killie.

And you believed him?

Fair enough!

mahgrassyshoes

Taouil is a professional footballer and, as with people in all professions, will go with the money. It doesn't mean he will try less. Similarly, while he will undoubtedly be attached to Killie a bit, it seems he is over egging it a bit. I think he just wants to stay in with the Killie fans as he enjoyed his time there, while it's fair enough to say it's just money, he's not going to turn round and say I have a better chance of success there, bigger clubs that Killie etc to a Killie supporter.

KillieMitch

Taouil is a professional footballer and, as with people in all professions, will go with the money. It doesn't mean he will try less. Similarly, while he will undoubtedly be attached to Killie a bit, it seems he is over egging it a bit. I think he just wants to stay in with the Killie fans as he enjoyed his time there, while it's fair enough to say it's just money, he's not going to turn round and say I have a better chance of success there, bigger clubs that Killie etc to a Killie supporter.

Yep I can see that - no arguments there. I don't really buy the argument that huge wages etc means players will try less - just look at Yaya Toure at City - was just interested if there were differing opinions. I'm sure, like all good football fans everywhere, you will be shouting '?4000 my arse!' when he has a nightmare game haha. I know I do...

I remember being astonished when Maurice Johnston was signed and given a massive ?3,000 per week. I remember, EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO, thinking that was a bit high. I am sure I won't give a shit about a squad player being on a similar wage today.

I also fully agree with all who felt that Michael Johnston was classless, crude and downright spiteful with his guesses.

I remember being astonished when Maurice Johnston was signed and given a massive ?3,000 per week. I remember, EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO, thinking that was a bit high. I am sure I won't give a shit about a squad player being on a similar wage today.

I also fully agree with all who felt that Michael Johnston was classless, crude and downright spiteful with his guesses.

Mo Johnston was perhaps the start of the rot - overpaying for players over the last 15 years which has led us to the 2nd attempt to sell the ground due to the cost of the players. That said he had been a top class striker in several leagues, a winner of trophies and a good international player.

Taouil has had a journeyman's career so far - 8 goals in 10 seasons according to Wikipedia. 600 season tickets to pay his wage? Too much if he is getting that.

I am not sure about this lad, i suppose we will have to trust jjs judgement however i would

always prefer to sign quality than quantity but iam not sure what bracket he comes under.

jamboscotty

I am not sure about this lad, i suppose we will have to trust jjs judgement however i would

always prefer to sign quality than quantity but iam not sure what bracket he comes under.

He in my opinion is not worth 4k. What i have seen of him he is a one trick pony :angry: and at this moment in time you could get a far better player with a 4k wage aweek. Plus i would like to see a few more under 19s given a chance and keep more under 17s at the club. I see they only offered 2 contracts to the under17s squad and released 3 really good players in 2 in particular who stoodout like a sore thumb.

He in my opinion is not worth 4k. What i have seen of him he is a one trick pony :angry: and at this moment in time you could get a far better player with a 4k wage aweek. Plus i would like to see a few more under 19s given a chance and keep more under 17s at the club. I see they only offered 2 contracts to the under17s squad and released 3 really good players in 2 in particular who stoodout like a sore thumb.

I would hate to think that Hearts were releasing good players, i suppose it comes down to peoples opinion.

Maybe you thought they were good but those at the club must have thought otherwise. What are the names of the 3

good 17s that were released ? i have seen a few games this season. Other clubs will be interested in them if

they are decent.

Why would the Killie chairman know anything about what he's being paid? Because Taouills agent told him? His agent is never going to tell him exactly whats on the table hes going to inflate it to the sort of figures that he would start to consider from Killie.

This is a PR exercise from Johnstone to appease his annoyed fans. When coming up with this figure he's probably looked at the figure MT's agent has been asking for, added on a bit cos Hearts are bigger, added on all the extras that he thinks we might pay, and then inflated it a bit more to make it look better for him. So i wouldnt believe what this nugget is saying.

johndawgylt

He's not on ?4k per week, how hard is this to understand?

Also, your hoping he's on more than that!?

:facepalm:

Archived