?4k-a-week offer sealed Taouil deal for Hearts

Chaps

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bert Le Clos

Micahel Johnstone is a complete bell, and this is a story in the Evening News.

So it could be 99% bullshit.

Hearts is a big club, that's why I signed. Since being in Scotland, I have really liked the atmosphere at Tynecastle. I have been here often to see some friends playing for Hearts.

:yas:

What right has this plum got to start talking about peoples wages in the press?

Classless, bitter tit.

Cut The Crap

Absolutely this.

Woeful form.

Personally I'm quite happy to know. Means we have a good yardstick when assessing whether we are getting value for money.

On the face of it the type of hefty wedge I thought we?d stopped paying. Suggests he won?t be spending much time on the bench?

Waste of money IMHO !

If he does the business then it doesn't matter to me how much he gets paid. If he plays as well as he can then it will be money well spent IMO.

Waste of money IMHO !

100% agree!

He's skillful on the ball but that means nothing. Someone posted a video if Taouil against Rangersd and can hoenstly say this signing hasn't excited me one bit!

Rather have got a decent CB

Excuses of a man under pressure from his own supporters. Regardless of whatever salary is being paid, it's poor etiquette to bandy actual figures in the media.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye alright Johnston.. The only reason a player would want to move from your shit little, badly supported wee club in deepesr darkest chav-land is because of more money.

Thought the Killie fans were ousting this bitter wee prick anyway? Can't really blame them, he was in the press boasting about making 250,000 quid by allowing the home stands at Rugby Park to be full of smelly orks at the end of last season. What a complete ******, if I was a Killie fan I'd hate this moron..

Charlie-Brown

20 senior players earning approx ?4K per week and 30 younger players earning average ?500 per week would give us an annual wage bill of ?4.9M per year for players - I assume that is something approximate to the Boards eventual aims for the wage bill?

Creepy Lurker

If wages are starting to be sorted out, I don't think that ?4k a week for a regular first team player is necessarily unreasonable. That said, based on what I've seen of him, I'm not convinced that it represents value for money in this instance. Time will tell, though.

tartofmidlothian

What right has this plum got to start talking about peoples wages in the press?

Classless, bitter tit.

I refer the prosecution to the link in this thread:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94276-killies-michael-johnston-nhc/

He's got enough to worry about at his own club, although fair play if he'd rather just spend his time feeding his dislike of Jeffries.

Not often we see the phrase "Hearts' financial muscle" used, to be fair.

Ray Winstone

The Killie chairman will know absolutely nothing about the salary package he is on - he will just be flapping his gums about losing another player to Hearts.

Screw him and his pishy wee club.

Yet another horrible wee club hating on us because we're a better, more attractive prospect to their best players :verysmug:

Who told the Killie chairman it was ?4k? My guess would be the agent - during negotiations to try and get more money from Killie to keep the player.

Doesn't mean that this is what Hearts are paying him. Personally I will wait until FM12 is out to find out his wages. Probably more accurate.

chester copperpot

Killie apparently offered him a ?250 P/W, a Ford Orion and a walk on part in the scheme.

If JJ's sticking to try and achieve third next season he should cut the wage bill to reflect that, not have lemonade tastes on a champagne budget.

Killie apparently offered him a ?250 P/W, a Ford Orion and a walk on part in the scheme.

and he turned it down?? no ambition!

So despite the offer of being their highest ever paid player, he still came to us?

I like.

:thumbsup:

If JJ's sticking to try and achieve third next season he should cut the wage bill to reflect that, not have lemonade tastes on a champagne budget.

I agree. ?700,000 over 3 years for a player who might not even be a first team regular is ridiculous.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

FFS Wright1989... What is this obsession with running down Jefferies at every opportunity mate? I don't get it. He is the best manager we have had in seasons and is a Cup winning hero of the past who has shown he is capable of running the OF close and at completely dominating the derby.

What is your massive problem with the guy? :o

'Desperate to use a new phrase picked up recently' type post IMO.

:whistling:

4k a week seems reasonable tbh, compared to some of the supposed wages we've been paying in the past it's not bad at all.

Radioactive Mince

Wtf are most of you on? Read Charlie Brown's post. I'd say a wage budget of 6million would be reasonable for us and that there's no way that 30 youngsters would be averaging 500pw, though still a good dose of realism within a sound point.

Also agree with Lurker - I have my doubts about him. That said, I obviously hope he shines with a better standard of player around him and can provide that wee bit of creativity that we've been lacking.

If he is being paid even half the amount speculated it is probably too much.

The finances of the club are in a dreadful state with a wage bill which was twice the size it should be (in 2009-10).

Given the enormous size of the squad, paying this sort of money to a journeyman player is crazy. We are back in a Pieman/Levein type situation - where the club are trying to sell the ground due to the size of the wage bill.

Johanes de Silentio

He shouldn't be commenting on agreements made between employers and employees at other clubs.

loveofthegame

Whats all the fuss about. ?4k a week is exactly the kind of wages we should be paying. Its the ?8k+ that we have to stop with.

Happy with the signing and not worried a jot that he's on ?4k a week.

20 senior players earning approx ?4K per week and 30 younger players earning average ?500 per week would give us an annual wage bill of ?4.9M per year for players - I assume that is something approximate to the Boards eventual aims for the wage bill?

Plus NI Contributions of ?630K approx, along with signing on fees and bonuses. Add this to the non playing salaries and that wage bill is too high again. I would agree ?5 Mil is about right for the wage bill but that would be 5 mil total and not just players weekly salaries.

I really don't mind Taouil signing although I think we have paid over the odds a bit. About ?2k per week would have been more than reasonable for him.

You've got that the wrong way round eh Wrighty!?

It should have read "Not have CHAMPAGNE Taste on a LEMONADE Budget"....A'm right eh!! Wright by name...Wrong by nature :whistling:

Leave everything to JJ, he know's what he's doing :thumbsup:

Whats all the fuss about. ?4k a week is exactly the kind of wages we should be paying. Its the ?8k+ that we have to stop with.

Happy with the signing and not worried a jot that he's on ?4k a week.

This.

?4k a week seems like a reasonable enough offer to me whilst at the same time being attractive enough to trump what others would be able to offer.

Cut The Crap

It should have read "Not have CHAMPAGNE Taste on a LEMONADE Budget"....A'm right eh!! Wright by name...Wrong by nature :whistling:

In relation to Taouil it is the right way round.

No, no I haven't.

If Taouil's really on that I dread to think what Grainger and Hamill are on.

Johanes de Silentio

No, no I haven't.

About the same - probably less in Grainger's case?

chester copperpot

About the same - probably less in Grainger's case?

Yip, I agree.

More shite from Johnston, he has no idea what we're paying a player.

And JJ is allegedly not bothered about Skacel?

Am I the only one that finds this extremely worrying?

Ray Winstone

And JJ is allegedly not bothered about Skacel?

Am I the only one that finds this extremely worrying?

I wouldn't worry too much.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Are you implying that Skacel will be signing a new contract?

On the mobile site can't add smiles :(

Are you implying that Skacel will be signing a new contract?

On the mobile site can't add smiles :(

o rly?

tartofmidlothian

FFS Wright1989... What is this obsession with running down Jefferies at every opportunity mate? I don't get it. He is the best manager we have had in seasons and is a Cup winning hero of the past who has shown he is capable of running the OF close and at completely dominating the derby.

What is your massive problem with the guy? :o

It's Frazer Wright, disappointed he didn't get a contract offer.

Either that, or he only got offered ?1k :thumbsup:

No, no I haven't.

If I remember rightly from last summer, our maximum wage for new players is now ?4.5k a week (although we'll break that for guys we want to tie to new contracts because an offer for them might be forthcoming).

Quite reasonable for Taouil, in that case. I think some people seem to have it in their heads he'll be lucky to make our bench but we'll be seeing a lot of him IMO. Even though he'll be a Juanjo/Quitongo type player who has one stunning game and then three anonymous ones, also IMO.

I think Grainger and Hamill will be on the same or less.

Archived