Glasgow and East Kilbride Hearts Supporters Club

rossmaroon

colinmaroon
30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm sure Jimmy would happily drink embalming fluid as long as it's being sold at pensioner prices!!

🤪

FERRY HEARTS

Meet my big mate Willie moorland all over the country following the club !

Great to know your branches going strong HHGH 

On 10/06/2011 at 13:31, rossmaroon said:

Glasgow Hearts Supporters Club has been running almost uninterrupted since 1947, making it one of Scotland's oldest supporters clubs of any team. We run buses to all home games and many away games (and have members who travel to all games home, away and Europe). We always welcome new blood, returning members, or even those who want to attend the occasional game.

Our normal route picks up in Clyde St, Glasgow, Burnside, then East Kilbride town centre. On the return, we usually drop first in Glasgow, then Burnside, then EK. In addition, we organise trips to watch Hearts in Europe.

If you are interested, PM me or message me on FB (Ross Meikle) or by mobile 07759263862.

Look forward to having you on board in July.

Great to see your fine club still on the go HHGH

David McCaig
1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Meet my big mate Willie moorland all over the country following the club !

Great to know your branches going strong HHGH 

And Willie is definitely one of life's good guys 👍

Fxxx the SPFL

I remember Ian Russell very well from Federation meetings i remember asking him about his Hearts CV being a Glasgow citizen and if i remember correctly he went to a Third Lanark v Hearts match back in the early sixties as a young lad liked what he saw and started supporting us after the Hi Hi went out of business in the sixties.

David McCaig
58 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I remember Ian Russell very well from Federation meetings i remember asking him about his Hearts CV being a Glasgow citizen and if i remember correctly he went to a Third Lanark v Hearts match back in the early sixties as a young lad liked what he saw and started supporting us after the Hi Hi went out of business in the sixties.

Not quite right... He was very much a Third Lanark fan until their demise.

As an orphaned fan he went up to Dundee primarily to watch their match against Rangers.  Dundee United v Hearts kicked off first and this was the same day as Hearts famous 6-5 win at Tannadice against Dundee United... The rest is history.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Small jambo said:

R u looking for new members for this season I have a season ticket and if you are how much is it to travel cheers 

We are always looking for new members 😎

£30 membership and £10 per game.

The bus leaves Clyde Street at 12:30 for home games and gets back into the city centre just after 6.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not quite right... He was very much a Third Lanark fan until their demise.

As an orphaned fan he went up to Dundee primarily to watch their match against Rangers.  Dundee United v Hearts kicked off first and this was the same day as Hearts famous 6-5 win at Tannadice against Dundee United... The rest is history.

Sorry Dave I maybe didn’t word it right I knew he was a HiHi fan just got the games mixed up cheers 

i used to run the Borders Hearts club and I’m sure we met up with your club at a semi final at Giffnock Tennis/Bowling club about twenty odd years ago again my memory is fading with age

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Салатные палочки

Travelled on the Glasgow Hearts bus back in the 90s. Good times. Always made to feel welcome. Ian Russell, John Longmuir, Uncle Fester, the legendary Jimmy Mann and his boy, a guy called Wayne who reminded me of a cross between Morrissey and Billy Bragg, a younger guy with blonde hair called Iain (I think), Gilbert (who made irate calls to the Radio Scotland phone in on the way home from games) and of course Ross Meikle, who always made time to chat to you. 

Had my first can of lager on that bus on the way to Gorgie after the 98 Cup final. It was warm and probably flat by the time we got there but I forced it down not to lose face :laugh:

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

@David McCaig

hi, is there a bus going tomorrow and if so what are the times?
Wondering if this is the easiest travel solution for me and the boy.

cheers

Sorry no bus, as the timing is just unfeasible for those working.

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Sorry no bus, as the timing is just unfeasible for those working.

Yep, thought that might be the case.

thanks for the reply.

On 29/06/2022 at 00:33, Salad Fingers said:

Travelled on the Glasgow Hearts bus back in the 90s. Good times. Always made to feel welcome. Ian Russell, John Longmuir, Uncle Fester, the legendary Jimmy Mann and his boy, a guy called Wayne who reminded me of a cross between Morrissey and Billy Bragg, a younger guy with blonde hair called Iain (I think), Gilbert (who made irate calls to the Radio Scotland phone in on the way home from games) and of course Ross Meikle, who always made time to chat to you. 

Had my first can of lager on that bus on the way to Gorgie after the 98 Cup final. It was warm and probably flat by the time we got there but I forced it down not to lose face :laugh:

I met Jimmy Mann on the tube from West ham to Wembley in 1969.  Used to see him in the merchie hearts 

32 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

I met Jimmy Mann on the tube from West ham to Wembley in 1969.  Used to see him in the merchie hearts 

Its still his favoured pre-match haunt.