"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather back in the ring

Say What Again

Say What Again

Though sadly, yet unsurprisingly, it's not against Manny Pacquiao. After over a year inactive, he'll fight Victor Ortiz on September 17th for WBC World Title.

Hopefully now with both him and Manny scheduled to fight before the end of the year, they can get those out of the way then sort something out between themselves. :thumbsup:

That's starting to look like wishful thinking, but we can but hope.

Does anyone know much about Ortiz? I only know he lost to Maidana (I think).

If Mayweather/Pac don't arrange to fight in the first 6 months of next year, it won't ever happen. There have been reports the last few days saying they have been offered $75Million to take the fight. And with Ortiz and Pacquiao both being southpaws, maybe there is hope that Mayweather is preparing for Manny.

Ortiz has decent skills and power. His last fight with Berto was superb, stepping up in weight he got off the canvass twice and dropped berto twice before winning on points. No doubt for me if he was to fight Maidana(his only loss) now, he wouldn't make the smae silly mistakes and he would probably domintate him. Outside of fighting Pacquiao or Sergio Martinez, this is probably as good a fight as you could hope for from Mayweather. But Ortiz wont pose him too many troubles, he is probably on the same level as Amir Khan, very good but not quite good enough to compete with Mayweater/Pacquiao. Looking forward to this and also Pacquiaos fight, and hopefully a fight between the two gets made next year.

some good fights coming

Haye/Klitschko

Mayweather/Ortiz

Pacquiao/Marquez III

dobmisterdobster

This is why UFC sells a lot more pay-per-views.

Because they can get their superfights done, unlike boxing.

Snake Plissken

This is why UFC sells a lot more pay-per-views.

Because they can get their superfights done, unlike boxing.

Truth.

There's also not quite the same stigma about having losses on your record, because there's so many ways to get the win, it's pretty much a given that even the very best fighters will lose at some point. so they're not as afraid of taking the big fights.

If Mayweather/Pac don't arrange to fight in the first 6 months of next year, it won't ever happen. There have been reports the last few days saying they have been offered $75Million to take the fight. And with Ortiz and Pacquiao both being southpaws, maybe there is hope that Mayweather is preparing for Manny.

Ortiz has decent skills and power. His last fight with Berto was superb, stepping up in weight he got off the canvass twice and dropped berto twice before winning on points. No doubt for me if he was to fight Maidana(his only loss) now, he wouldn't make the smae silly mistakes and he would probably domintate him. Outside of fighting Pacquiao or Sergio Martinez, this is probably as good a fight as you could hope for from Mayweather. But Ortiz wont pose him too many troubles, he is probably on the same level as Amir Khan, very good but not quite good enough to compete with Mayweater/Pacquiao. Looking forward to this and also Pacquiaos fight, and hopefully a fight between the two gets made next year.

some good fights coming

Haye/Klitschko

Mayweather/Ortiz

Pacquiao/Marquez III

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Ortiz is talented and was inspired against Berto but shouldn't pose too many problems for Floyd. People would be as well forgetting about Mayweather/Pacquiao as it's probably not going to happen now. As disappointing as that is, it's not really fair to hold it against boxing as a whole which is in pretty decent shape at the moment.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It won't happen unless paq takes the test... Fingers crossed- floyd in 9 for me

I very much doubt it will happen aswell, which is a great shame.

It would be a terrific fight due to the contrast in styles.

kingantti1874

Yeah mate, really disappointing it hasn't happened already - it's a 50:50 fight - going fwd they are similar in terms of ability but floyd is much better defensively and more natural at the bigger weights...

But who cares it's they only fight onthe planet anyone wants to see

Archived