Blue Riband

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Obviously, they're not what they used to be. :down:

But - how do you pronounce the word 'Riband'?

Vlad-Stupid

I grew up thinking they were called 'blue ribbons' blink.gif not that i used to eat them that often

Johanes de Silentio

I grew up thinking they were called 'blue ribbons' blink.gif not that i used to eat them that often

Aye - some folk say riband like 'ribbon', but others say ribAAnd like Joe Jordan says MilAAn.

Rib-AND I think. And they're alright, but they're not a patch on the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer...and a world away from the general all-round biscuitry perfection of the Tunnocks Caramel Log.

Johanes de Silentio

Caramel Rocky Robbin....now shoosht.

Rocky :thumbsup:

Rocky caramel :down:

I P Knightley

RIBB-nd in such a way that it can easily be mis-heard as "ribbon".

Ri-BAND, is an affectation; much like "Bouquet" for "Bucket" from her off the telly.

Regal Kingston

Ri-band

Poor biscuit. Can't believe they are still making them.

Only Taxis were worse.

Love a Rocky Robin and quite like the Yorkie biscuit...

sort of a Yorkie chocolate/bourbon biscuit marriage

Rib-AND I think. And they're alright, but they're not a patch on the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer...and a world away from the general all-round biscuitry perfection of the Tunnocks Caramel Log.

No.

Coconut is quite simply wrong. :yucky:

The wafer is where it's at.

The People's Chimp

Just had a Polish thing called a Grzeski which is a like a better version of a kitkat. Tasty.

No.

The wafer most certainly has its place in the world, Boris....but all true biscuit connoisseurs know that the Log is the true King of Biscuits.

I P Knightley

No.

You're quite right.

Of all the foodstuffs in the world, I do believe that coconut is the most pointless.

Just had a Polish thing called a Grzeski which is a like a better version of a kitkat. Tasty.

There's also a South African version of KitKat which is superior. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it. I'd guess something like TEX.

The wafer most certainly has its place in the world, Boris....but all true biscuit connoisseurs know that the Log is the true King of Biscuits.

No way, I'm with Boris here, dessicated coconut is rank and it gets stuck in your teeth. :yucky: Caramel Wafer and Teacake are Tunnocks finest moments. :thumbsup:

:orly?:

You're quite right.

Of all the foodstuffs in the world, I do believe that coconut is the most pointless.

No way, I'm with Boris here, dessicated coconut is rank and it gets stuck in your teeth. :yucky: Caramel Wafer and Teacake are Tunnocks finest moments. :thumbsup:

:pleasing:

Philistines. You lot wouldn't know a kvalitee biscuit if it landed in your lap.

Good news though, all the more for me... :biggrin:

scottish_chicP

Philistines. You lot wouldn't know a kvalitee biscuit if it landed in your lap.

Good news though, all the more for me... :biggrin:

Sorry Red I'm on their side :ninja: The only Tunnocks I like is a tea cake (I feel abuse coming my way!)

Johanes de Silentio

There's also a South African version of KitKat

Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Keet Kait?

It's Blue Rib-and, as in "I had a spare rib, and then I had a prawn cracker"! They're shan biscuits though, too dry. They are the hibs to Hearts' Tunnocks caramel wafer - them and teacakes are the business. Sorry red but the logs are the poor relation, still good though.

Used to love a Trio but don't know if you can still get them. Honourable mentions to rockys, gold bars, kit kats and to be honest, most others!

scottish_chicP

Choccy digestives anyone?

Has to be milk chocolate though. None of this dark chocolate crap!

hmfc_liam06

Surely a wafer cant be classed as a biscuit?

Surely a wafer cant be classed as a biscuit?

as it is a type of biscuit it most definitely can.

hmfc_liam06

as it is a type of biscuit it most definitely can.

Wafer - A very thin, light, crisp, sweet cookie or cracker.

I've always classed a wafer as a wafer not a biscuit. Kit Kat, Taxi's, Caramel Logs etc = Wafer. Rocky's, Digestives etc = Biscuit. Jaffa Cakes = Cakes.

:D

These are also a good chocolatey biscuit, bit like the blue riband but more chocolate :)

MOTANA-5-PACK.gif

Wafer - A very thin, light, crisp, sweet cookie or cracker.

I've always classed a wafer as a wafer not a biscuit. Kit Kat, Taxi's, Caramel Logs etc = Wafer. Rocky's, Digestives etc = Biscuit. Jaffa Cakes = Cakes.

:D

wa?fer (wfr)

n.

1. A small thin crisp cake, biscuit, or candy. :D

blondejamtart

Has to be milk chocolate though. None of this dark chocolate crap!

I beg to differ - got to be dark chocolate every time. The new Bournville biscuits are rather nice.

jambos are go!

Anything tunnocks will come first but quite partial to a Wagon Wheel or more recently Deans Treacle and Coconut biscuits that absolutely superb.

theprisoner

There are only Bourbon Creams in our biscuit tin. It's a tin in our house, who's got a barrel?

Johanes de Silentio

My current bone of contention is the new Toffee Crisp - all toffee and no crisp - ******* morons! :angry:

(that's not a biscuit, mind! :rolleyes: )

Caramel logs are class.

Thank you, Valderrama. You're clearly a man of outstandingly good taste.

thumbsup.gif

Taxis were similair but better biscuits to Blue Ribbands but you don't get them anymore. :down:

They still make Taxis.

Which in turn reminds me of these fine biscuity specimens....

3660854788_32c83b2f99.jpg

Party Rings rock!

An erstwhile favourite of the Wee Fella's! :thumbsup:

Glad to see you've moved on from that Log nonsense....:P

I am shocked at the lack of a biscuit love-in for the caramel log! A greater biscuit there has never been and never will be!

I am out in Afghanistan just now and every week my mum sends me out a twin pack of Tunnocks logs and Wafers and a packet of tea-cakes!

Other biscuits are good, some may even be exceptional but none, NONE I TELL YOU, can match the perfection that is a Tunnock's Caramel Log!

I am shocked at the lack of a biscuit love-in for the caramel log! A greater biscuit there has never been and never will be!

I am out in Afghanistan just now and every week my mum sends me out a twin pack of Tunnocks logs and Wafers and a packet of tea-cakes!

Other biscuits are good, some may even be exceptional but none, NONE I TELL YOU, can match the perfection that is a Tunnock's Caramel Log!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Toffypops.jpg

Now **** off

Great shout. Toffypops are absolutely tremendous :thumbsup:.

Got to side with the minority here and say that I love Caramel Logs, the Wafers are good but the Logs are far superior.

Tesco sell Taxi multipacks for those who are disappointed in them not being produced any more. Another fine biscuit :thumbsup:.

Archived