'Arry' to Chelsea?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Big rumours around London that Harry Redknapp could be unveiled as the new Chelsea boss, Spurs fans must be sick if this one pans out. Personally I think he'd be better off staying where he is rather than taking the poison chalice because he'll be emptied in 12 months anyway.

Thoughts?

rossthejambo

As a Chelsea sympathiser can I just say that I would not like Harry to get the job.

He's a complete arsehole and a dodgy dodgy character.

Big rumours around London that Harry Redknapp could be unveiled as the new Chelsea boss, Spurs fans must be sick if this one pans out. Personally I think he'd be better off staying where he is rather than taking the poison chalice because he'll be emptied in 12 months anyway.

Thoughts?

He certainly does'nt need the money as he lives in the most affluent area on the south coast where it cost about 2 million to buy a lock-up.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Thoughts?

What are you doing in London ?

Napoleon  Wilson

F'sake, i misread the thread title.

I thought it said "Arvy to Chelsea" :omg:

Stewart MacD

As a Chelsea sympathiser can I just say that I would not like Harry to get the job.

He'd get on well with England's Brave and Loyal John Terry, then.

rossthejambo

He'd get on well with England's Brave and Loyal John Terry, then.

No doubt, I'd not be all that sad to see that prick emptied as well tbh.

Apparently the bettings been suspended by some bookies on Harry to be next boss, Ladbrokes has him at 4/9 :blink:

Jamboinparis

Yup, working in a pub in Fulham at the moment, and the Chelsea fans in last night were saying that he's going to be the next boss. Apparently he was being shown round the train facilities yesterday.

Right enough, because Abramovich, Terry et al are such fine, upstanding citizens, are they not?!

rossthejambo

Right enough, because Abramovich, Terry et al are such fine, upstanding citizens, are they not?!

:rolleyes:

I like 'arry, it'll make Chelsea a bit more likeable to me if its true. He'll be England manager by the start of 2012/13 season anyway so getting emptied after a season isnt going to bother him.

I share the similar view to you ross.

Will be non-plussed if this comes to fruition! :verymad:

Match made in heaven.

Bent manager for a bent owner.

And 'Arry wouldn't think twice about leaving Spurs in the lurch.

Tynecastle Valhalla

What are you doing in London ?

made me laugh

Thoughts?

Not this Spurs fan, would swap Ancelotti for Redknapp in a heartbeat. Never really liked 'Arry since he done his Pompey to Southampton back to Pompey shit (or was it the other way round?) Anyway imagine someone fecking Hearts and Hibs about like that???

Seymour M Hersh

'arry is a tool and chelsea are bunch of ****s.

"Match made in heaven" is what you're saying then? :lol:

bale to chealsea then... can see that deal being part of 'Arry getting the job

Big rumours around London that Harry Redknapp could be unveiled as the new Chelsea boss, Spurs fans must be sick if this one pans out. Personally I think he'd be better off staying where he is rather than taking the poison chalice because he'll be emptied in 12 months anyway. Thoughts?

With a big pay off!!

Our 'Arry goes where the money and brown envelopes are.

tartofmidlothian

Not this Spurs fan, would swap Ancelotti for Redknapp in a heartbeat. Never really liked 'Arry since he done his Pompey to Southampton back to Pompey shit (or was it the other way round?) Anyway imagine someone fecking Hearts and Hibs about like that???

Michael Stewart? :whistling:

Regal Kingston

With a big pay off!!

Our 'Arry goes where the money and brown envelopes are.

Great move for him - Leaves Spurs a legend and has crack with one of the richest clubs in Europe.

By moving he increases his braaan envelope possibilities by 900%.

Stay for a year or two then a ****ing 'eavy braaan envelope and take the England job.

Rastajambo

Heard tat CHelsea were after Andr? Villas-Boas (porto Manager) but am glad he hasn't gone, http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864270-andre-villas-boas-not-interested-in-chelsea-job-claims-porto-president he has had a great season for Porto winning 5 trophies this year and not losing a single game in the league , 27 wins and 3 draws, impressive stuff :)

Michael Stewart? :whistling:

That's alright seeing as it was Hibs that got shafted, or was it?

Can't really remember too many folk getting upset when he left Hearts to go there or there to return.

Seems we should never trust a ginge!

I dunno, I don't buy into this 'he'll go where the money is' theory.

Spurs aren't short of a few bob, with him pretty much untouchable at WHL.

Really can't see it.

I wish him all the best, he managed at a low level worked his way through the leagues has done a great job at Spurs and now takes another step up to Chelsea. He's got to where he is by being a good football manager, even with the alledged dodgy dealings you still have to be able to manage.

Arry would be mad not to take the Chelsea job if offered it.

He's done well at spurs, owes them nothing. So can move on.

Chelsea always give the manager top dollar on a 3-4 year contract so that when the chop comes, they are rather wealthy men.

Easy money for the cockney wide boy.

And that means frankie boy will be there at least one more season. Which is good for all the other big teams in the league, as he can only do it in the wee games. Over rated t w a t. Steven Gerrard he ain't.

I'm not a fan. Obviously but have to grudgingly admire the way he has Spurs playing. I can't see him ever getting the Engerlund job cos of the constant rumours of brarn envelopes etc. I wouldn't expect any loyalty from him but clubs don't stick by managers and it would only take a dodgy start for Spurs and he'd be emptied. If offered he'd be daft to knock it back IMO. And Fat Frank would larve his uncle Arry there. I would see it as a stepping stone to coming back to the super Irons :whistling:

No doubt, I'd not be all that sad to see that prick emptied as well tbh.

Apparently the bettings been suspended by some bookies on Harry to be next boss, Ladbrokes has him at 4/9 :blink:

Paddy Power suspended betting on it early on today, tried to put a wee wedge on but missed out. :down:

great pension top-up for Arry.

shaun.lawson

I dunno, I don't buy into this 'he'll go where the money is' theory.

Spurs aren't short of a few bob, with him pretty much untouchable at WHL.

Really can't see it.

They're gonna have to sell this summer - and there have been a few murmurings amongst Spurs fans very disenchanted by a poor second half of the campaign. There's quite a big argument that Redknapp's already taken them as far as anyone realistically can until or unless they relocate to a much bigger stadium; and beyond that, a glance at his career reveals that whenever he's been at a club which needed to cut back (usually as a direct result of his dangerous over-spending), he's immediately jumped ship, and resurfaced somewhere with a bigger budget.

I don't think Chelsea will appoint him - but wouldn't be shocked if it happens. And certainly, if anyone in the game has skin thick enough to leave one big London club for another, it's him.

girvanjambo

Maybe not happening, Drifted right out in the betting tonight, 9-4 and 5-2 againstjjsmall.png

cashgenerator

Arry would be found out at Chelsea.

As a Spurs fan I am quite happy to say that he has had a lot of luck over the last season and a bit.

Spurs have had a horrible second half of the season.

Arry for Carlo any day of the week!

Broxburn_Jambo

Who cares? Nothing to do with Hearts, move this thread to a different place or ideally a different f*****g forum.

cashgenerator

Who cares? Nothing to do with Hearts, move this thread to a different place or ideally a different f*****g forum.

Thanks for your input, really useful.

Maybe you should move to a different place, or even better a different forum?

Broxburn_Jambo

Last time i checked this was a Hearts forum, perhaps it is you who should go elsewhere.

Isaac Clarke

"The Terrace: For discussion of HMFC and football in general" :thumbsup:

Boaby Ewing

Tommy Wiseau

Great move for him - Leaves Spurs a legend and has crack with one of the richest clubs in Europe.

By moving he increases his braaan envelope possibilities by 900%.

Stay for a year or two then a ****ing 'eavy braaan envelope and take the England job.

:rofl:

:arry:

Class.

Agreed mate, I opened this thread expecting it to be about Hearts as well, because there was no indication anywhere that it could possibly be about anything else. And if there's one thing I ****ing HATE, it's folk discussing any football they please on a football forum. :down:

:facepalm:

Am I the only one who dosent get this 'Harry is wonderful' pish - he's been an average manager at all the clubs he's been it and has spent an absolute wedge along the way but I'm struggling to think of what hes won.

Theres a media love on with Harry and his family that escapes me - the man is rude, ungracious and extremely greedy but yet the media laugh it off as they all expect him to be the next England manger and don't won't to upset him.

I will be stunned if he goes to chelsea or should I say chelsea come in for him

For money-driven managers, the Chelsea job must be great. You work a season, are paid very well for it - and as long as you don't do anything silly, like win the European Cup - the chances are you are sacked with a massive pay-off.

Am I the only one who dosent get this 'Harry is wonderful' pish - he's been an average manager at all the clubs he's been it and has spent an absolute wedge along the way but I'm struggling to think of what hes won.

Theres a media love on with Harry and his family that escapes me - the man is rude, ungracious and extremely greedy but yet the media laugh it off as they all expect him to be the next England manger and don't won't to upset him.

I will be stunned if he goes to chelsea or should I say chelsea come in for him

I agree totally, he reminds me of Terry Venables, the sort of guy you can imagine selling dodgy gear from a market stall on the Portobello Rd or maybe not as upmarket as that.

Archived