If ??????

peebles jambo

peebles jambo

shaggie really is in charge of team and substitution matters, why did he take pally, who, apart from karapidis was the best man on the pitch and leave on driver ,who apart from stewart was one of the worst on the pitch. beggars belief

Malcolm Tucker
shaggie really is in charge of team and substitution matters, why did he take pally, who, apart from karapidis was the best man on the pitch and leave on driver ,who apart from stewart was one of the worst on the pitch. beggars belief

Palazuelos was knackered. Driver still offered a threat going forward.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Jambojohnnyboy
Palazuelos was knackered. Driver still offered a threat going forward.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Thats how I saw it too, didn't think it was a strange substitution at all, Ruben had run himself into the ground today.

Agree, I thouht the subs beggered belief at the tme. Although, they did work out okay.

Why would you bring Miko on unless Cesney was injured? Why was the best player in the park (Ruben) taken off and a knackered Velicka asked to play in midfield.

I like Frail, and his heart is in the right place, but he is never never the man for the job.

The problem is the substitution was strange - but we saw out the game for the victory so it was fine.

If we had conceeded because Velicka was so knackered he was barely able to keep the ball when standing still then there would have been serious questions asked of Frail.

He took a gamble and tried to finish them off - didnt cost us anything which i suppose is the main thing, but was an odd one at the time.

i beleive they were frails subs. i was a bit confused with his decision to put wallace on for stewart. but who else could he bring on. there was no central midfielder on the bench.

bilston angel

The subs last week also looked a bit suspicious when he subbed Chesny with Miko as Driver was hobbling about and continued for about another ten mins, it looked as if he was waiting for instructions from elsewhere!

The only reason i can think why Chesney was taken off was because he isn't fully fit otherwise he should have stayed on and Miko should have replaced Driver who was average.

It should have been Audrey who replaced Ruben, as he would be able to defend and attack better than Velicka as he was knackered, not asking Velicka to do 2 jobs.

Can't complain about putting Wallace on for Stewart, Frail had no other option apart from Audrey but at 1-0 you want to tighten things up not go in attack.

The Ruben sub seemed strange at first but when I thought about it it made sense.

At that stage in the game the ball was just being launched from defence to defence and wasn't sticking due to both teams only playing 1 up top.

Increasing it to two up front meant that we had twice the chance of keeping the ball in their half. Unfortunately it didn't work as Velicka was dead on his feet.

Nucky Thompson
The subs last week also looked a bit suspicious when he subbed Chesny with Miko as Driver was hobbling about and continued for about another ten mins, it looked as if he was waiting for instructions from elsewhere!
Bullsh*t:joker:

We failed to beat Motherwell because we defended too deep.

By removing Palazuelos and bringing on Nade we kept a presence up the pitch and ultimately the tactic worked.

ginger jambo98
We failed to beat Motherwell because we defended too deep.

By removing Palazuelos and bringing on Nade we kept a presence up the pitch and ultimately the tactic worked.

...............and Reuben twice signalled to the bench that he was fecked !!

Malcolm Tucker

And If ?????? you are implying Romanov still pulls the strings then surely Beniusis would have come on and not Nade?

Archived