Kebab Salad Dressing

The Gasman

Does anyone know what the type of salad dressing is, that's usually served with Kebabs?

Also do any of you know if it can be bought retail, or even where I could get a recipe for it?

I've looked on the Internet, but just keep getting directed to some Greek dressing made with yoghurt.

Thanks. :thumb:

Radioactive Mince

Dunno if it's indicative of the types of seedy dives I purchase my kebabery from, but I thought it was normally just chilli onions and cabbage you get?

EDIT: Unless you mean the garlic sauce stuff? There's also that mildly spicy pinkish gear...

Edited by Jimmy The Fluff

Dunno if it's indicative of the types of seedy dives I purchase my kebabery from, but I thought it was normally just chilli onions and cabbage you get?

Normally, in the places I've been, on top of the meat they put shrubbery and onion into the Kebab, then ask if you want Chilli Sauce and/or Salad Dressing.

I wouldn't thank you for the Chilli Sauce, but while I do quite like the Salad Dressing, I've no idea what's in it or what it's called. :blink:

The Old Tolbooth

I wouldn't thank you for the Chilli Sauce, but while I do quite like the Salad Dressing, I've no idea what's in it or what it's called. :blink:

A kebab without chilli sauce?

:bitgay:

:cheese:

southside1874

* 3 tbsp. olive oil

* 1 tbsp. vinegar

* 2 cloves garlic, minced finely

* 1/2 tsp. salt

* 1/4 tsp. white pepper

* 1 cup greek yogurt, strained

* 1 cup sour cream

* 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced

* 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill

Thats the salad dressing

* 3 tbsp. olive oil

* 1 tbsp. vinegar

* 2 cloves garlic, minced finely

* 1/2 tsp. salt

* 1/4 tsp. white pepper

* 1 cup greek yogurt, strained

* 1 cup sour cream

* 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced

* 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill

Thats the salad dressing

Thanks, but that's not it SS.

The dressing I'm talking about definitely doesn't have yoghurt, cucumber, and sour cream in it.

Vlad-Stupid

I use the salad dressing (the browny yellowy one) to dip my chips in. Magic. Love the stuff and the burd doesn't so I get hers too! garlic and chilli only on the Kebab for me :thumbsup:

I use the salad dressing (the browny yellowy one) to dip my chips in. Magic. Love the stuff......

That's the stuff! :thumbsup:

It ranges from looking yellow to dark brown depending on where you get your kebab.

Its just a basic vinegarette ie: Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, And Mustard(the brown kind not sure which one that is).

southside1874

Thanks, but that's not it SS.

The dressing I'm talking about definitely doesn't have yoghurt, cucumber, and sour cream in it.

Almost there then........take these ingredients out and you'll have the kebab shop one. Cucumber and yoghurt goes off :thumbsup:

PS garlic will go brown after a while

Edited by southside1874

I don't do nippy food. :blink:

Worstercestershire Sauce Crisps is about my limit. :unsure:

That's barely spicier than milk. :blink:

Man up and go chomp on some chillis.

fabienleclerq

Sounds like a basic french dressing:

vinigar(preferably white wine if not distilled works)

olive oil (3 times the amount of vinigar)

french mustard

salt/pepper and sugar to taste

blondejamtart

I use the salad dressing (the browny yellowy one) to dip my chips in. Magic. Love the stuff and the burd doesn't so I get hers too! garlic and chilli only on the Kebab for me :thumbsup:

I know exactly the stuff you mean. Don't know the brand name, but I'm pretty sure you can buy it in big bottles from the likes of Makro, etc. I'm sure I've seen it beside the big bottles of ketchup, brown sauce, and so on that chippies and the like use.

Do The Dance

Basic italian dressing, if you don't want to make your own, you can buy it from anywhere.

017356.jpg?ts=634049789538

Screen-shot-2011-04-01-at-18.38.18-161x300.png

017361.jpg?ts=634137055712

31734011_H.jpg?identifier=adea092c5f44d3f2cc5c7f60364dec24

Guest juvehearts

its oil mixed with either wholegrain mustard or dijon, depending whats to hand, seasoning ( salt n pepper)

like above its a basic french salad dressing that can be made in under 2 minutes,

tidy it may be thats the jist of the salad dressing available in most basic chippy's that serve kebabs.

if its turkish kebab house & they care about the stuff they produce then sometimes its done up on the day with yoghurt ect but they really kannae be arsed & only think about profit

That's barely spicier than milk.

Man up and go chomp on some chillis.

I like milk..... :blink:

Me no like chillies, or curries, or peppery food, or nippy food, or spicy food. :boak:

scots civil war

the mangal okabasi,arcola street,dalston,london e8 is a top,top open grill job

the dressing there is olive oil and lemon jiuce

the rest is a pinch of herbs.....com to think of it what are the herbs ?

I like milk..... :blink:

Me no like chillies, or curries, or peppery food, or nippy food, or spicy food. :boak:

that could make me cry man! i feel so bad for you :sweat:

• 5 years later...

I was Google searching and this is the first thing that popped up :laugh:

Edited by AlimOzturk

On the same subject does anyone know if you can buy the chipotle southwest sauce you get in subway?

Did you ever find this mate?

Did you ever find this mate?

There are recipes for it but was hoping you could actually buy the proper stuff or at least a very good likeness of it.

Салатные палочки

Look like this. There is different varieties. Closest I've found to British takeaway sauces

ZaNEXPk.jpg

These are brilliant.  First seen them in Poundstretcher.  Got three or four of them, Garlic Mayo, Chilli, a kind of Soutwest one and another kinda chilli one, might be chilli mayo.  

I have also wondered what this magical sauce is made from. Many a drunken night after Revolution or Subway on a Sunday night I would pick up a kebab lashed with this sauce (not the red coloured chili version). Like the op says its whiteish brown maybe even creamy coloured. I think it must have either salad cream or certainly vinegar in it as it has that flavour to it. Totally takes a kebab to a new level!!

Салатные палочки

It looks like a vinaigrette.  Through here they mix it in with the salad, when the cabbage and the onions are soaked in it you can see bits of pepper and herbs in it.  

Its a thicker consistency to a vinaigrette. More like batter mixture. Maybe even slightly thinner than that even? It tastes amazing whatever it is.

Look like this. There is different varieties. Closest I've found to British takeaway sauces

ZaNEXPk.jpg

Nah, that's not it. The salad sauce you get with kebabs is more of a light brown colour. Garlic mayo is more what you would get in a kebab overseas if you ask me.

Its a thicker consistency to a vinaigrette. More like batter mixture. Maybe even slightly thinner than that even? It tastes amazing whatever it is.

Agreed, definitely thicker than a vinaigrette. And yes, it's ****ing amazing.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone but...

Went into my local chippy/kebab/pizza place.  Ordered my scran, then when paying had this conversation:

Me: "You sell chippy sauce for ?1.50 a bottle, do you not sell the salad sauce like that?"

Chippy guy: "No, just the chip shop sauce..."

Me: "You should. Loads of people would buy it."

Other chippy guy: "You want a bottle of salad sauce?  Hold on, I will make you one." (goes through the back)

Me: (to first chippy guy): "This is why you are the best chip shop in the town!"

Chippy guy: "You don't ask for this when other people are here!" (place was empty apart from me)

Other chippy guy: "There you go. ?2 please."

RESULT

Should also add - they usually sell salad sauce in the wee plastic tubs for 50p if you want extra portions. The bottle they gave me was a 1 pint plastic milk bottle style job.

• 5 years later...
9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Chilli sauce and garlic sauce for a kebab, i never use the salad dressing. 

Missing out. All 3. Lovely.

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Missing out. All 3. Lovely.

I just stick them in the fridge, use it on my own salads if i've ran out of decent stuff. 

Amazing that it appears someone googled “how to make kebab sauce” and this site popped up in the results so they joined to make one post spreading their knowledge and then vanished again. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Amazing that it appears someone googled “how to make kebab sauce” and this site popped up in the results so they joined to make one post spreading their knowledge and then vanished again. 

You're thinking too much, mate.

It's just a forum.

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Is that the 'guest Juvehearts' post above? If so then I suspect that is an old post from jigsaw fanatic and former Carlisle bench warming fantasist Juvehearts.