Velicka Penalty/Dive?

Lovecraft

Dive.

We're not getting any penaties until we stop this nonsense.

Well done the ref imo.

Never a dive in yer life.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

David Begg in commentary said, at the start of the second half, that Stuart Lovell (i.e. he went and watched Setanta at half time!) had looked at it from several angles and said it was a definite penalty.

At the time Daid Begg, Craig Patterson and Alan Preston all called it as a penalty.

David Begg in commentary said, at the start of the second half, that Stuart Lovell (i.e. he went and watched Setanta at half time!) had looked at it from several angles and said it was a definite penalty.

At the time Daid Begg, Craig Patterson and Alan Preston all called it as a penalty.

Don`t get me wrong, i would have taken a pen, but i thought it would have been soft if we had got it.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
Don`t get me wrong, i would have taken a pen, but i thought it would have been soft if we had got it.

Soft or not - the fact is Andrius has got a yellow card for diving.

How many times have our Lithuanian players been adjudged to be cheating when not the case!

A hand on his shoulder and he loses all power in his legs?

Dive.

Get over it.

oh dear, get over what? away and have a lie down, yer getting excited.

Guest Dr Venkman
Soft or not - the fact is Andrius has got a yellow card for diving.

How many times have our Lithuanian players been adjudged to be cheating when not the case!

And how many times have they dived to gain advantage?? its a problem and we need to sort it. We're not getting any penalties because we have a reputation for diving. Seem to want our cake and eat it on this board!

And how many times have they dived to gain advantage?? its a problem and we need to sort it. We're not getting any penalties because we have a reputation for diving. Seem to want our cake and eat it on this board!

Its the incompetent authorities who want to get their house in order instead of being weak and booking on sight of Lithuanian players who go down.

Players can go down in football games without diving you know? don`t you?

It`s a physical game.

Guest Dr Venkman
Its the incompetent authorities who want to get their house in order instead of being weak and booking on sight of Lithuanian players who go down.

Players can go down in football games without diving you know? don`t you?

It`s a physical game.

Yes, it's either a conspiracy against Lithuanian players or that we have players in our team who go to ground to easily??

On one occasion today Chesney cut into the box and could have gone down but stayed on his feet to fight for the ball, probably a result of his booking last week.

It is possible to support your team and acknowledge that we have problems we need to deal with.

We're not going to get penalties coz we have a justified reputation for diving.

Until we sort this out we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

"Reputation" shouldn't have anything to do with it.

If it was only Hearts players doing it then fair enough. But it isn't.

Always seems to be a "Clean Slate" situation regards other teams when any of their players misbehave - but not Hearts.

gorgie rd eh11

If we're not getting any penalties because we have a reputation for diving then they are cheating.

Decisions should be made on what they see in front of their eyes not on "reputations". Any decision that is made on anything other than what happens on the pitch is cheating.

The scottish referees and linesman are cheating ****s. The scottish football media are cowardly, old firm a*s kissing w*****s.

Looked like his heels were clipped and was given a bit of a nudge. Never a dive, but would probably have been a harsh penalty.

Guest Dr Venkman
If we're not getting any penalties because we have a reputation for diving then they are cheating.

Decisions should be made on what they see in front of their eyes not on "reputations". Any decision that is made on anything other than what happens on the pitch is cheating.

The scottish referees and linesman are cheating ****s. The scottish football media are cowardly, old firm a*s kissing w*****s.

We're not getting the benefit of the doubt which is a different thing altogether. Nice abuse of the authorities though.

Dive.

We're not getting any penaties until we stop this nonsense.

Well done the ref imo.

Utter tosh !

It was a classic Catch 22 for the cheating referee.

When he saw it he had to:

1. Give a penalty

or

2. Book someone for diving

It was early in the game and there was no immediate scoring opportunity.

Doing nothing would have had BOTH sets of fans screaming at him.

He chose the booking - as expected.

Totally convinced it was a penalty watching it on the telly.

The Benji foul was a worse decision IMO. Happened right in front of him, he acknowledged that he'd seen it - and then he lets it go!!!! Perplexing!!!

Incidentally, they were saying on Setanta that Clark is retiring from refereeing at the end of the season. Cheerio.

From the only view Setanta showed, which I would guess was the same as KC had, it didn't look like a penalty. However, from the main stand (section P) the Hibs defender pushed his foot out behind himself and made contact with Velicka. I dare say Andrius could have stayed upright, but like many players in the modern game any contact and they're looking for a penalty. A penalty any other time, but hey this is Hearts we're talking about........ it's in the GFA rulebook no penalties when Lithuanians are involved!

Looked like his heels were clipped and was given a bit of a nudge. Never a dive, but would probably have been a harsh penalty.

Picture this.

At Parkhead.

VAn henigoogler of methylbank (or whatever..) cuts inside his marker into the box, is getting away from said marker in on goal (ring any bells..) receives a fairly forceful nudge in the back and goes down...

Now what will happen in this scenario...

A. Penalty to Celtic or...

B. van hofflehoffle of tosserwank gets booked...

Answers on a postcard please...

I personally think the whole "refs/sfa are against us" agenda is embarrassin but todays display frm kenny Clark just shows I needn't be because it was woefull.

He had a third option - accidental contact with both to blame.

It was a classic Catch 22 for the cheating referee.

When he saw it he had to:

1. Give a penalty

or

2. Book someone for diving

It was early in the game and there was no immediate scoring opportunity.

Doing nothing would have had BOTH sets of fans screaming at him.

He chose the booking - as expected.

Totally convinced it was a penalty watching it on the telly.

The Benji foul was a worse decision IMO. Happened right in front of him, he acknowledged that he'd seen it - and then he lets it go!!!! Perplexing!!!

Compare it to the Hobos Pen in the 3-2 game last season. Barasa merely leans his shoulder into the guy, as all defenders will do ( used his body well :blah: ) but the guy does the dying swan so yes it's a yellow card for di..........nah is it feck. The Ref awards a dreadfully soft penalty :mad:

i watched the game on setanta and although velicka was pushed it wasn't a penalty, the hibs players had the ball off him. rediculous that velicka was booked for it.

chesney on the other hand needs to cut out his diving. the ref got it right with him apart from the one time where he actually was fouled but who can blame him for not giving him the freekick when he's dived the last 3 times.

got home rather quick to pass judgement :confused:

Chesney was fouled a few times but got f all from the ref. To say he was diving is a joke

Just finished watching the game - he was definitely clipped for the second one he went over for in the second half. Scott Booth as usual got it wrong and accused him of diving

got home rather quick to pass judgement :confused:

Chesney was fouled a few times but got f all from the ref. To say he was diving is a joke

Both Morais and Shields went down like they were playing "Best Man Falls" in the first half.

Neither got booked - Morais got warned - Both got fouls.

I know Hearts can't appeal the yellow card, but if the SFA had any regard for the way referees behave in Scotland then they should be asking Clark to justify why he gave a yellow card when blatantly contact was made (although maybe not a penalty). Not saying that all yellow cards should be looked at, but when there is such obvious contact supported by video evidence then referees should be brought to book and explain their actions.

I thought he played for it tbh.

Given it was 100m away.

nope he cut in front of the defender (Hogg) which is a wholely fair tactic 'cos the defender needs to pull out in case of a foul....Hogg gave Velicka a slight shove in the back and Velicka went down under his momentum....penalty should have been the award...yellow card was a disgrace :mad:

We're not going to get penalties coz we have a justified reputation for diving.

reputations shouldn't come into it if the referee was fair?

At the time, I thought he had tripped himself up.

Velicka actually went to the ref a couple of mins after the incident and mimicked tripping over his own heels.

Never a yellow card, what about Morais 10 mins before that?

Ref was shoking again yesterday, why does it feel they have it in for us?

Ksanavicius wrongly booked at Parkhead by Clark.

Velicka wrongly booked yesterday by Clark.

My conclusion....

Clark is the cheat.

Just back from the match and it looked like a stone-waller.

Anyone see it on Setanta?

I was at the game and could not really tell but my son text me to say there was definite contact and he watched it on Setanta.

We're not getting the benefit of the doubt which is a different thing altogether. Nice abuse of the authorities though.

I think that you are right.

We don't get the benefit of the doubt because of 1) Levein and Romanov's various 'getting it up the SFA/referees' and 2) we have a number of players who go down very easily.

I don't think we have any more players who go down more easily than other teams (eg Celtic) but we are the only team who have tried to go to war with the SFA.

Time for us to be whiter than white. End the press battles with the SFA and improve the discipline on the field. Fine our divers and let the press know that we are doing it. Just like a batsman who 'walks' usually gets the benefit of the doubt from umpires - hopefully we might get more from referees in future.

By the way I thought that Velicka's booking was a joke (no penalty though). As was the failure to give a penalty for the Zemmama push on Neilson.

I think that you are right.

By the way I thought that Velicka's booking was a joke (no penalty though). As was the failure to give a penalty for the Zemmama push on Neilson.

Agree with that I sit in N3 and Velicka definitely pushed in back and we definitely should have had a penalty for Zemmamma's attack on Neilson and Zemmamma should have been having an early bath.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

The GFA are a racist backwards shower of cretins !!

Not seen a replay, but how was it any different to trigger against Dundee United ?

Very minimal contact outside the box and they get a pen and we get a straight red.

When one of our Lith's is involved he immediately gets booked for diving.

Robson, Shiels and Morais are a few of the worst divers in the league.

The GFA clearly have an agenda against HMFC

****ing **** the lot of them.

The GFA are a racist backwards shower of cretins !!

Not seen a replay, but how was it any different to trigger against Dundee United ?

Very minimal contact outside the box and they get a pen and we get a straight red.

When one of our Lith's is involved he immediately gets booked for diving.

Robson, Shiels and Morais are a few of the worst divers in the league.

The GFA clearly have an agenda against HMFC

****ing **** the lot of them.

The same ref failed to give Hibs possibly 2 pen claims in the second half.

Don't think Velika dived and I don't think it was a pen either.

I know it doesn't make it right but after what Vlad said about refs and some off our players going down very easily,discipline on the park,we are now reaping what we have sown.

Ksanavicius wrongly booked at Parkhead by Clark.

Velicka wrongly booked yesterday by Clark.

My conclusion....

Clark is the cheat.

I'm beginning to think so ....:mad:

I know it doesn't make it right but after what Vlad said about refs and some off our players going down very easily,discipline on the park,we are now reaping what we have sown.

As I said to you yesterday, doesn't make it right though. As has been said on here before if the ref goes on reputations then he is a cheat, end of. Every decision MUST be taken on its individual merits.

It also seems I am correct in my assumption that Clark is a good ref to have against Rangers but not the green teams!

Decisions against Rangers: 1997/98, he sent off Richard Gough at Ibrox against us. 2005/06 Robbie (accidentally) blocked Jeffers shot in the last minute of our 1-0 win with his hand - no penalty.

Decisions against the "green" teams: Yesterday, Velicka pushed as he changed direction at full speed, he fell but never claimed, then tried to play the ball when it came back to him as he lay on the ground. Result: Yellow for diving.

Celtic (LC) Audrey fouled in the box twice in the first 15 mins (the Caldwell one was as blatant as you will see). Result: Yellow for diving.

Is a pattern emerging here? Is he a Tim or does he overcompensate for his orangeness???

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Not seen any replays , but can't recall anything hibs had to warrant a penalty claim ?

If so they obviously weren't given so how many of their players were booked for diving ??

Answer = NONE !!

They aren't Lithuanian.

The GFA need to show themselves the racism red card.

Archived